My Mock

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
1: OT Bryan Bulaga Iowa 6'6 312 pounds
Free at LT and Bulaga at RT has potential.

2: WR Jordan Shipley 6"0 195 LBS
I want Shipley, I want Shipley, I want Shipley. Everyone says he wont be good in the pros, your joking right? He is the next Wes Welker, have Shipley compete with Crayton for the slot spot.

3: ILB Micah Johnson 6'2 250 pounds

I just see potential in him, I see him as a steal in the 3rd round.

4th Round: best Safety available

6th round:
Best O-Line Available

7th round: Hunter Lawrence.
Money inside the 48 yardline, and we don't kick that often out of it.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I don't want the white wr if he put on that much weight since the National Championship game.....

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ill pace i'd rather not draft a RT in the first round nor do I wsnt to draft a K for a 3rd time in the past 4 years.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3247357 said:
ill pace i'd rather not draft a RT in the first round nor do I wsnt to draft a K for a 3rd time in the past 4 years.

But we need a tackle and a kicker.. :laugh1:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247360 said:
But we need a tackle and a kicker.. :laugh1:

We don't need to draft a player that projecta to RT in the first round. Free did a great job the at LT he wasn't so hot. We still have Brewster who can either be a RT or a guard not too sure yet about him. RT is the least of our worries. LT is problematic. The LT i'm high on is Fox from Miami. Then I was thinking about Big who could also double at LT since that was his position in arizona. Then We could slide either Brewster or Holland into Big spot draft a LT Colunbo or free at RT Free back up both tackle spots. Then draft C/G to replace Gurode. We have a K on our roster how bout letting him K FG's instead of having him on punt punt return and KO return or whatever non sense they do with him.

tko112204

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3247379 said:
We don't need to draft a player that projecta to RT in the first round. Free did a great job the at LT he wasn't so hot. We still have Brewster who can either be a RT or a guard not too sure yet about him. RT is the least of our worries. LT is problematic. The LT i'm high on is Fox from Miami. Then I was thinking about Big who could also double at LT since that was his position in arizona. Then We could slide either Brewster or Holland into Big spot draft a LT Colunbo or free at RT Free back up both tackle spots. Then draft C/G to replace Gurode. We have a K on our roster how bout letting him K FG's instead of having him on punt punt return and KO return or whatever non sense they do with him.

Sooo... Because Beuhler plays on other special teams that affects his ability to kick FGs how? You think the time he spends practicing for the Punt Return team is the difference in him being an NFL caliber FG kicker or not? That is beyond absurd. Also, even though everyone and even some grandmothers have said that Free is a textbook LT with tangible LT skills, because he had a so-so game when thrown into the fire in a playoff game against one of the best pure pass rushers in the NFL that we need to make LT the number 1 priority? Personally, I don't see one spot on the OL as a bigger need than the others. I'm all for BPA available when we draft an OL. I'm beginning to really believe the people that say you don't put a lot of thought into your posts. I used to think you were just misunderstood...

Edit: Also, does anyone else think that maybe part of Free's problem at LT in the MIN game was from playing two months at RT and probably practicing at RT in case Columbo just wasn't able to handle back-to-back games after a layoff?

Double edit: You would rather move Bigg to LT??? Where he already failed once? Comparing Bigg's feet to Free's feet is like comparing steak with ****. All kinds of fail in your post...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
tko112204;3247439 said:
Sooo... Because Beuhler plays on other special teams that affects his ability to kick FGs how? You think the time he spends practicing for the Punt Return team is the difference in him being an NFL caliber FG kicker or not? That is beyond absurd. Also, even though everyone and even some grandmothers have said that Free is a textbook LT with tangible LT skills, because he had a so-so game when thrown into the fire in a playoff game against one of the best pure pass rushers in the NFL that we need to make LT the number 1 priority? Personally, I don't see one spot on the OL as a bigger need than the others. I'm all for BPA available when we draft an OL. I'm beginning to really believe the people that say you don't put a lot of thought into your posts. I used to think you were just misunderstood...

Edit: Also, does anyone else think that maybe part of Free's problem at LT in the MIN game was from playing two months at RT and probably practicing at RT in case Columbo just wasn't able to handle back-to-back games after a layoff?

Double edit: You would rather move Bigg to LT??? Where he already failed once? Comparing Bigg's feet to Free's feet is like comparing steak with ****. All kinds of fail in your post...

He didn't fail at LT.

Also I think he should be practice FG he's a FG kicker IDC about anything else.

tko112204

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3247471 said:
He didn't fail at LT.

Also I think he should be practice FG he's a FG kicker IDC about anything else.

How does being a top 10 pick and then being allowed to walk after your 1st contract not make you a bust? You're the one that said you didn't want to spend a 1st round pick on a G... Yet Leonard Davis was a top 10 pick and was moved to G? He was moved to G for a reason... bc he couldn't play T. I'm glad you ignored the rest of my post.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
tko112204;3247485 said:
How does being a top 10 pick and then being allowed to walk after your 1st contract not make you a bust? You're the one that said you didn't want to spend a 1st round pick on a G... Yet Leonard Davis was a top 10 pick and was moved to G? He was moved to G for a reason... bc he couldn't play T. I'm glad you ignored the rest of my post.
:lmao2:

tko112204

Reaction score
If Bulaga were to fall to us that would be great. He and Free could man the tackles for the next 10 years. I'm not crazy about Shipley because I don't think that solves our need for a true No. 2 WR. He's a slot no doubt about it and we already have Clayton and he's proven to be much more effective in the slot than outside. If we were to draft Shipley what would be your plan for No. 2 WR, cuz it ain't RW11?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
tko112204;3248878 said:
If Bulaga were to fall to us that would be great. He and Free could man the tackles for the next 10 years. I'm not crazy about Shipley because I don't think that solves our need for a true No. 2 WR. He's a slot no doubt about it and we already have Clayton and he's proven to be much more effective in the slot than outside. If we were to draft Shipley what would be your plan for No. 2 WR, cuz it ain't RW11?

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176566

tko112204

Reaction score
I'm actually more receptive to the Marshall idea than others here, however, losing that 2nd round pick hurts our ability to get the safety we desperately need.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
tko112204;3247485 said:

He couldn't play T or was it because at the time Flo was considered one of if mot the best LT in football. Also bust don't sign for as much as he did. Nice try though.

tko112204

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3249020 said:
He couldn't play T or was it because at the time Flo was considered one of if mot the best LT in football. Also bust don't sign for as much as he did. Nice try though.

Hahahaha. Roy Williams wants a word with you about busts getting big contracts. He feels you have greatly underestimated him. And the bottom line is, if he could have played T he would have been signed for the same amount with another team to play TACKLE. He was a bust at tackle and turned into a really good guard. Your idea of moving him to LT instead of putting Free there is still udderly absurd. You haven't provided one shred of evidence to support that idea... And you never will, because it doesn't exist.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
tko112204;3249024 said:
Hahahaha. Roy Williams wants a word with you about busts getting big contracts. He feels you have greatly underestimated him. And the bottom line is, if he could have played T he would have been signed for the same amount with another team to play TACKLE. He was a bust at tackle and turned into a really good guard. Your idea of moving him to LT instead of putting Free there is still udderly absurd. You haven't provided one shred of evidence to support that idea... And you never will, because it doesn't exist.

RW didn't flake out till after Jerry signed him. But whatever.