My new mock

bodi

Reaction score
1 Laviska Shenault Jr., 6=2 #220 WR, Colorado

Perhaps the trait that stands out the most about Shenault is his toughness. He is a thickly built receiver who plays the game the right way. Many wideouts with Shenault's strength and physicality are prone to pushing off defensive backs, but Shenault has enough quickness to get open and when he gets the ball in hands, he is special, dodging and weaving by defenders while running through arm tackles. He is very physical with defensive backs to power through tackles and get yards after contact. Shenault has quickness and shows a second gear when he gets into the open field. In the pros, he won't be a speed demon of a wide receiver who generates big separation from NFL cornerbacks, but he has some speed to make him dangerous and not limit him to being just a possession wideout. As a receiver, Shenault is pretty polished as he runs good routes, tracks the ball well, has good body control, is a hands catcher, and has strong hands to make contested catches.

2 Myles Dorn, S, 6-1 #215 North Carolina

3 Leki Fotu, DT, 6-5 #325 Utah

4 Cheyenne O'Grady, TE, 6-4 #251 Arkansas

5 Sam Ehlinger*, QB, Texas or Brian Lewerke, QB, Michigan State

7 Rodrigo Blankenship, 6-1 #190 K, Georgia

Paintrain4978

Reaction score
So has your stance on Jaylon Smith changed? I only ask because you didn’t take a LB.

exciter

Reaction score
Their going to shell out somewhere around 22m average on a WR this offseason and they have Gallup. Why would they drop 1st rd pick on the position with multiple defensive holes. Wouldn't expect them to even sniff that position before the 4th!

bodi

Reaction score
Their going to shell out somewhere around 22m average on a WR this offseason and they have Gallup. Why would they drop 1st rd pick on the position with multiple defensive holes. Wouldn't expect them to even sniff that position before the 4th!

you know for a fact ?

exciter

Reaction score
you know for a fact ?
5 defensive starters are URFA, then there's Lee, Thomas, Hyder and Covington. Crawford is most likely going to be released. That leaves Lawrence, Armstrong, Woods, Hill, and Joe Jackson who's a practice squad calibre player as your only dline players under contract for next season. Basic reasoning skills would tell you not to spend a premium pick on a position you don't need and if they spend one on offense it will and should be a TE!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
B/c offense is far more important than defense in this league, and the distinction between good/average offensive players is leaps and bounds more significant than good/average defensive players.

kwcool619

Reaction score

Perhaps the trait that stands out the most about Shenault is his toughness. He is a thickly built receiver who plays the game the right way. Many wideouts with Shenault's strength and physicality are prone to pushing off defensive backs, but Shenault has enough quickness to get open and when he gets the ball in hands, he is special, dodging and weaving by defenders while running through arm tackles. He is very physical with defensive backs to power through tackles and get yards after contact. Shenault has quickness and shows a second gear when he gets into the open field. In the pros, he won't be a speed demon of a wide receiver who generates big separation from NFL cornerbacks, but he has some speed to make him dangerous and not limit him to being just a possession wideout. As a receiver, Shenault is pretty polished as he runs good routes, tracks the ball well, has good body control, is a hands catcher, and has strong hands to make contested catches.

I love Shenault, but how will he fit with the current WR core?
Been down on Blakenship ever since he missed a FG down the stretch against South Carolina
Any DT from Utah will do.
Dorn? Seems like a young man who has his head on straight.

Mr_437

Reaction score

I think Ehlinger fits what DAL does on offense, but is he coming out? He looks like a 4 year guy to me cause he loves UT.

Hardline

Reaction score
I don't know how well Sam Ehlinger's style of play translated to the NFL.
I love the guy though, Very good QB for the Longhorns.

I prefer CeeDee Lamb over Shenault but Lamb could easily be off the board before the Cowboys pick.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3hnbq4.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd rather just use early picks for the holes at DT and S and then try to get a kid like Claypool later to fit that big, athletic WR type.