My New Years( Timb2) Cowboys Mock Draft

timb2

Reaction score
1- Sam Williams (6-4,265) DE Mississippi

Reason- The fact we have had to use Micah Parsons tells you some of the story. We have 2 free agents Randy Gregory & Dorance Armstrong. Gregory is 29 years old and will be looking for a big contract. Do we want to pay a 29 year old that money? Also with Gregory's spotty history off the field? Armstrong has done very little and I would let him walk. Also DeMarcus Lawrence is ripe to be a March or June cut with his age 32 and big contract. So grab Sam Williams who got 12 1/2 sacks and in the SEC is no easy contest. 6-4,265 runs a 4.5 forty.

2- Ed Ingram(6-3,315) OG LSU

Reason- Big and nasty. Just a bulldozer creating holes we haven't had since that Ronald Leary who left to Denver years ago.

3-Damone Clark(6-3,240)MLB LSU

Reason- Solid tackler. Can play outside or inside runs a 4.5 forty. Leighton Vander Esch's replacement.

4-Max Mitchell(6-6,315) OT Louisiana

Reason- Plays the right side but enough skill to switch to join the Left Tackle competition( Lael Collins,Josh Ball,Terrence Steele). Highest graded OT this year in college football.

5(a)- Smoke Monday(6-1,198)S Auburn

Reason- Need a enforcer to make WRs think twice coming over the middle. Smoke is his name for a reason.

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
5(b)- Jelani Woods(6-7,270) TE Virginia

Reason- Insurance if Dalton Schultz leaves and true competition for Jarwin's spot. A load at. 270 lbs Woods is a mismatch for little DBs and will help the run game.

6- Jaylond Adams(5-10,181) WR Southern Mississippi

Reason- 3 of our WRs are free agents Wilson,Gallup,and Brown. Also we need to replace CeeDee Lamb on punt returns from getting injured. Adams can become the new returner and challenge for the Slot WR spot.

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
2022 Wishful Signings

Dalton Schultz
Randy Gregory
Malik Hooker
Jayron Kearse
Keanu Neal
Damontae Kazee
Cedric Wilson
Tony Pollard
Francis Bernard
Luke Gifford
Malik Turner

2022 Projected Roster

QB
Dak Prescott
Cooper Rush

RB
Ezekiel Elliott
Tony Pollard
Sewo Olinua

WR
Amari Cooper
CeeDee Lamb
Cedric Wilson
Malik Turner
Jaylond Adams
Simi Fehoko

TE
Dalton Schultz
Blake Jarwin
Jelani Woods
Jeremy Sprinkle

LT
Lael Collins
Josh Ball

LG
Ed Ingram

C
Connor McGovern
Tyler Biadiaz

RG
Zack Martin
Matt Farinok

RT
Terrence Steele
Max Mitchell

RDE
Randy Gregory
Sam Williams
Bradley Anae

RDT
Osa Odighizuwa
Carlos Watkins
Trysten Hill

LDT
Neville Gallimore
Quinton Bohanna

LDE
DeMarcus Lawrence
Chauncey Gholston

WLB
Keanu Neal
Jabril Cox

MLB
Damone Clark
Luke Gifford

SLB
Micah Parsons
Tarell Basham
Francis Bernard

RCB
Trevon Diggs
Nashon Wright

LCB
Anthony Brown
Kelvin Joseph

NICKEL
Jourdan Lewis
Maurice Canady

FS
Damontae Kazee
Malik Hooker
Smoke Monday

SS
Jayron Kearse
Donovan Wilson

P
Bryan Anger

K
Greg Zeurlein

LS
Jake McQuade

Mr_437

Reaction score
I like the LSU picks. One thing we agree on is McGovern and Biadasz battling it out at OC. Last game, McGovern played OC for the 2nd unit. He's more stout, but I don't know if he can pull or snap as well.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Really like the Clark pick.

Im focused on adding LB to this team, lol.

Woods in the 5th would be a great developmental pick and betting on the upside. I appreciate Schultz but I don’t think he offers anything more than what you can get out of a lot of middling TEs. He benefits a lot from our wide receiver group. If we’re looking at cap casualties to save funds and resign our own FAs (ex. Gregory) I’m letting Schultz walk.

Last edited: