My Newest Mock

Woods

Reaction score
I don't think Schmitt will last to where we draft in Round 4 (i.e., the end of the round).

Mostly likely Schmitt will have to be taken by end of Round 3 latest.

I really think an outstanding FB (who may also be able to play some H-Back down the line) would be a huge asset to our running game.

I like Cricket as well, but I think the coaching staff was looking for 2 FBs for the roster. And I'm just not overly impressed with Hoyte this year. Plus, Cricket plays a valuable role on Special Teams. So hopefully he stays. And we upgrade Hoyte with Schmitt . . . .

burmafrd

Reaction score
No way on Talib. He just does not have the speed to be chosen that early, unless you are going to convert him to FS.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
masomenos85;1877544 said:
He may run under 4.5, sure, he's a long strider that can move pretty quickly when he has some room, but he's by no means a blazing threat that's going to burn past the deep secondary

And yet, he had 9 catches over 40 yards... that would seem to dispute your little theory...

I'll bet you he has one of the worst 10 yard splits too, count on it.

And I'll bet he doesn't... seems to me you have to be pretty quick off the mark to run the 110 meter hurdles in the times he did back in high school...

Who cares what he runs really?

Apparently, YOU do, since you were the one who brought the subject of his allegedly inferior speed up...

Watch him play, he plays slow,

I've probably only seen him play about 20-25 games, how 'bout you?? I don't see this "playing slow" that you're claiming you see...

guys are right there on him a lot of the time.

Guys were right there on Keyshawn Johnson a lot of the time too, didn't seem to keep him from making a lot of big plays...

I guess you think that being able to get deep is the only qualification for being a good WR...

The fact of the matter still remains that he's never been a very productive college WR.

Uhhh, no, that's NOT a fact... his junior year, Sweed caught 46 passes for 800 yards and 12 TDs... given that the Horns had a plethora of other good players they could go to, that's some pretty fair production...

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Jamal Charles fan . I think he's a good back and that it can translate in the NFL , but will have to be behind the right blocking scheme . I'm not so sure the Cowboy's blocking scheme is the right one . I could see him thriving in a system like Denver's though .

Chris Johnson scares me a little too . There's a world of potential there , but he hasn't proven a whole lot either . That said , the draft is all about risks , and ALL players are a risk .

As far as the 2nd-4th round backs go , keep an eye on Yvenson Bernard from Oregon State too . I got to watch him play 3 or 4 games this year and he reminds me a lot of Barber III . He may move up the board before draft time .

I think Sweed will be the steal of the draft . I don't think he'll run well at the combine , will drop into the second round , and will make somebody a superstar receiver . Speed isn't eveything and some guys can just play ball !

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
silverbear;1877702 said:
And yet, he had 9 catches over 40 yards... that would seem to dispute your little theory...

Like I said, a catch over 40 yards doesn't mean that he burned past a secondary, a lot of times they were right there and didn't make a play on the ball. Also it may have been a 15 yard in where he broke a tackle and ran past 40 yards. Those stats do nothing to dispute my theory.

[/quote]And I'll bet he doesn't... seems to me you have to be pretty quick off the mark to run the 110 meter hurdles in the times he did back in high school... [/quote]

Running the 100m hurdles has no practicle appplication to football time. Some track runners are slow starters and gather speed as they go though, so no he wouldn't have to necesarrily have a great start to run those good times.

[/quote]Apparently, YOU do, since you were the one who brought the subject of his allegedly inferior speed up... [/quote]

I care about how fast his football speed is, not how fast his 40 time is. And of course that's only to a degree, of course if he runs a 4.2 then I'll rethink things, and if he runs a 4.9 then I wouldn't even consider drafting him. I would care about his 10yd split though.

[/quote]I've probably only seen him play about 20-25 games, how 'bout you?? I don't see this "playing slow" that you're claiming you see... [/quote]

Being a UT fan living in a Big 12 state, I've seen quite a few games.

[/quote]Guys were right there on Keyshawn Johnson a lot of the time too, didn't seem to keep him from making a lot of big plays...

I guess you think that being able to get deep is the only qualification for being a good WR... [/quote]

I don't think getting deep is the only qualification needed, look at Troy Williamson. However I do think a players playing speed is important and if I'm spending a first round pick on a #1 WR then I would like him to have the ability to be a deep threat, among other skills. And bringing up a guy like Keyshawn is pointless because I can just bring up a guy like Mike Williams, you have to take each player on an individual basis not assume they'll fail or suceed based on the play of other players.

Uh, no, that's NOT a fact... his junior year, Sweed caught 46 passes for 800 yards and 12 TDs... given that the Horns had a plethora of other good players they could go to, that's some pretty fair production... [/quote]

It is "pretty fair production", but it certainly isn't great. 56th in yardage, 29th in YPC among WRs with at least 25 catches and tied for 7th in TDs, those are poor numbers for being the best season of a guy people are eager to take in the first round and have as a future #1 WR.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Biggems;1877150 said:
we trade our #31 and 5th to Atlanta for #37 and #67

(1) 22. CB - Aqib Talib - Kansas
(2) 37. WR - Limas Sweed - Texas
(2) 63. RB - Chris Johnson - ECU / Jamaal Charles - Texas
(3) 67. CB - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
(3) 95. FB - Owen Schmitt - WVU
(4) C - Doug Legursky - Marshall / Cory Lichtensteiger - Bowling Green
(6) OLB - Brandon Miller - Georgia
(7) BPA
I'd take this.

marchetta

Reaction score
Limas Sweed WR Texas​

STRENGTHS
Limas is a tall WR in the same mold of Plaxico Burress (WR Garden State Giants). He is a very long-legged receiver who, on the short routes, can cover a lot of ground quickly. He is a match up nightmare for the small CB’s inside the red zone and is a big target on slant routes and fade routes in the end zone. Limas looks like he could be a good complimentary WR for a team with a speed receiver and a strong armed QB.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE

He just had wrist surgery, but I don’t suspect any problems from that. Of course it has to be checked out at the combine and before the draft. I’m sure that he is taking this time off to work on his speed for the combine, but he needs to improve his route running because he lacks quickness in and out of his breaks. Right now, he does a lot of pushing off and I’m not sure that will be a positive for the next level.

TALENT BOARD ROUND: 3
Limas has never improved much from the first time I saw him play to the last time that I saw him play. To me this means that Limas either does not think he needs to improve or what you see is what you get. Limas doesn’t give you anything on special teams so if he doesn’t improve his route running for the next level, he will struggle making a team and being productive at the next level. He must get faster and improve his quickness in and out of his breaks. He also has to get tougher if he wants to be the type of WR that makes a lot of catches over the middle and in a crowd. Limas is in for a shock when he gets hit by one of these LB’s or Safeties at the next level. He really hasn’t been hit that hard at the college level so I’m not convinced he can stand up to the pounding that he will receive in the NFL! For a WR who looks to be a “move the chains” type of WR, he has to bulk up without losing speed or quickness or he will be on the IR list most of the time. Right now, Limas is a man playing with boys, but for the first time in his playing career at the next level, he will be a man playing against other men and I’m not convinced that he will be able to handle that. Everything at the college level is easy for Limas, but it won’t be that way at the next level. I will bet you that he is lowering his weight and working hard to attempt to improve his straight line speed in the forty for the combine. I have no doubt he will “wow” a lot of teams with his times. Personally for me, I see Limas as a kid that will show up for the first and last years of his contract and disappear for the in between years. When a kid with this much overall talent does not improve from one year to the next, is satisfied and doesn’t think he needs to improve until it’s time to graduate, it throws up a red flag to me.

- Drew Boylhart (thehuddlereport.com)

silverbear

Reaction score
marchetta;1878763 said:
Limas Sweed WR Texas​

I've never been a particularly big fan of Boylhart and the Huddle Report, I'll give you some idea why in the course of critiquing this "analysis"...

STRENGTHS
Limas is a tall WR in the same mold of Plaxico Burress (WR Garden State Giants).

Others have made this comparison, I think it's a fair one...

He is a very long-legged receiver who, on the short routes, can cover a lot of ground quickly. He is a match up nightmare for the small CB’s inside the red zone and is a big target on slant routes and fade routes in the end zone. Limas looks like he could be a good complimentary WR for a team with a speed receiver and a strong armed QB.

I've said before that Sweed reminds me some of Michael Irvin, when I say that I'm talking about his abilities on the slant that Boylhart refers to here... and to the "pushing off" that he sneers about later on...

NEEDS TO IMPROVE
He just had wrist surgery, but I don’t suspect any problems from that. Of course it has to be checked out at the combine and before the draft. I’m sure that he is taking this time off to work on his speed for the combine, but he needs to improve his route running because he lacks quickness in and out of his breaks.

So, Sweed "covers a lot of ground quickly on the short routes", but he "lacks quickness in and out of his breaks"... exactly how is that possible?? This is only the first of several times that Blowhard contradicts himself in this "analysis"...

Right now, he does a lot of pushing off and I’m not sure that will be a positive for the next level.

Yeah, it sure killed Irvin's career...

TALENT BOARD ROUND: 3

And this is the lowest that I've seen ANYBODY rate Sweed... I'll bet ya a nickel right now that Sweed goes in the top 50 picks... if he runs well enough at the combine, he'll be a first rounder...

Limas has never improved much from the first time I saw him play to the last time that I saw him play. To me this means that Limas either does not think he needs to improve or what you see is what you get. Limas doesn’t give you anything on special teams so if he doesn’t improve his route running for the next level, he will struggle making a team and being productive at the next level.

One second, Drew says "he looks like he could be a good complementary WR", the next he says "he will struggle making a team"... well, gee, Drew, you project him to be a third rounder, do you often project people who will struggle to make a team that high?? Or do you often talk out of both sides of your mouth that way??

This is the second time Blowhard contradicts himself...

He must get faster and improve his quickness in and out of his breaks.

Well, I've already addressed the speed and quickness issue, but talking about his successes in high school running the 110 meter hurdles... the hurdles are an event that demands both speed and quickness...

He also has to get tougher if he wants to be the type of WR that makes a lot of catches over the middle and in a crowd. Limas is in for a shock when he gets hit by one of these LB’s or Safeties at the next level.

That, friends, is just IGNORANT... I mean, it's entirely laughable... playing in the Big XII, he's been hit as hard as any WR who plays in the NCAA has been...

For a WR who looks to be a “move the chains” type of WR, he has to bulk up without losing speed or quickness or he will be on the IR list most of the time.

ROTFLMAO... he goes 220, maybe 225, at 6-4... if he bulks up any more, he'll be a freakin' tight end!!!

Right now, Limas is a man playing with boys, but for the first time in his playing career at the next level, he will be a man playing against other men and I’m not convinced that he will be able to handle that.

So, he's a "man playing with boys", and a "match up nightmare for the small CB’s", but Drew thinks he won't be able to handle the hitting in the NFL?? Again, that's talking out of both sides of his mouth...

This is the third time that Blowhard contradicts himself...

Everything at the college level is easy for Limas, but it won’t be that way at the next level.

Hmmm, isn't that true for EVERY good player coming out of college ball?? And if "everything at the college level is easy" for him, wouldn't that suggest that he'd be a fair to middling bet to be able to adjust to the next level??

I will bet you that he is lowering his weight and working hard to attempt to improve his straight line speed in the forty for the combine. I have no doubt he will “wow” a lot of teams with his times.

So, Limas "must get faster", but he'll "wow a lot of teams with his times"...

This is the fourth instance of Blowhard contradicting himself... it's enough to make you wonder if the boy's schizophrenic...

Personally for me, I see Limas as a kid that will show up for the first and last years of his contract and disappear for the in between years.

If I was face to face with Blowhard, I don't know whether I'd laugh in his face for saying that, or spit in it... he's suggesting some kind of character issues, some kind of work ethic problems, when I have NEVER heard any such criticisms from ANYBODY else... there is absolutely NOTHING to justify this criticism, and it rather pisses me off... it suggests to me that Drew is just another mindless Horns hater, who grades their players on a ridiculously biased scale...

I'd be interested to see his critiques of the other Horns draft picks the last coupla years, I'll bet we could detect a pattern of this sort of garbage...

When a kid with this much overall talent does not improve from one year to the next, is satisfied and doesn’t think he needs to improve until it’s time to graduate, it throws up a red flag to me.

Except Sweed improved steadily until his senior year, and that year was washed out by a wrist injury he suffered early in the season, and tried to play through for a few games... his catches per game, yards per catch, total yards and TDs increased in each of his first 3 seasons:

2004................ 11 23 263 0 37 2.1 11.4 23.9
2005................ 13 36 545 5 45 2.8 15.1 41.9
2006................ 13 46 801 12 60 3.5 17.4 61.6
2007................ 6 19 306 3 52 3.2 16.1 51.0

That's 2.1 catches per game as a freshman, for 11.4 yards per catch and 0 TDs as a freshamn, 23.9 yards per game... 2.8 catches per game, 15.1 yards per catch and 5 TDs, 41.9 yards per game as a sophomore... 3.5 catches per game, 17.4 yards per catch and 12 TDs, 61.6 yards per game as a junior...

That sure looks like steady improvement to me... if Blowhard doesn't see improvement in those numbers, it's because he doesn't WANT to see them... and to suggest that Sweed is "satisfied with not improving" is an OUTRAGEOUS bit of amateur psychoanalysis, that Boylhart couldn't possibly defend with anything factual if challenged to do so...

Basically, this MORON disses Sweed, but offers nothing but nebulous reasons, supported only by his OPINION and nothing FACTUAL, for his criticisms... the only thing that comes close to a legitimate criticism, the only criticism in here that I've seen from other draft gurus (besides the speed issue, which I reject for reasons already fully explained), is that he needs to improve his route running... but so do about 95 per cent of WRs coming out of the NCAA into the NFL...

This "analysis" was little more than a hatchet job... like I said, I'm particularly annoyed by the vague attacks on Sweed's character, attacks which are utterly without justification...

When I get a little more time at work tonight, I'll post some other analyses that tell a bit different story from this contemptible hatchet job...

silverbear

Reaction score
masomenos85;1878346 said:
Like I said, a catch over 40 yards doesn't mean that he burned past a secondary, a lot of times they were right there and didn't make a play on the ball. Also it may have been a 15 yard in where he broke a tackle and ran past 40 yards. Those stats do nothing to dispute my theory.

Y'know, I don't really care how a receiver gives me a 40 yard gain, if he does it often enough he'll stretch defenses...

Running the 100m hurdles has no practicle appplication to football time. Some track runners are slow starters and gather speed as they go though, so no he wouldn't have to necesarrily have a great start to run those good times.

Actually, the hurdles are the one track event that most demand the skills that an NFL WR needs... you need pure straight line speed, and you need to be quick out of the blocks (which is true for ALL of the shorter, "sprint" events), and you need to be able to jump pretty well...

I care about how fast his football speed is, not how fast his 40 time is. And of course that's only to a degree, of course if he runs a 4.2 then I'll rethink things, and if he runs a 4.9 then I wouldn't even consider drafting him. I would care about his 10yd split though.

And like I said, with his track background, I expect that he'll be pretty quick out of the blocks... he spent a lot of time in a younger day practicing exactly that...

And bringing up a guy like Keyshawn is pointless because I can just bring up a guy like Mike Williams, you have to take each player on an individual basis not assume they'll fail or suceed based on the play of other players.

Except Williams was lazy, and never really in shape... the comparison to Keyshawn was apt because Sweed plays a very similar, very physical game... with Key, it was said that even when he's covered, he's open... that's pretty much true for Sweed as well, and is one of the reasons I like the guy so much...

It is "pretty fair production", but it certainly isn't great. 56th in yardage, 29th in YPC among WRs with at least 25 catches and tied for 7th in TDs, those are poor numbers for being the best season of a guy people are eager to take in the first round and have as a future #1 WR.

Again, the Horns had a wide array of talented offensive players, and that had an impact on Sweed's numbers... they had Selvin Young, now with the Broncos, they had Jamaal Charles, who will playing for some NFL team... they had Bo Scaife at TE, now the second leading receiver for the Titans... for a time, they had Vince Young tucking the ball and running all over the field, rather than throwing it... with all that talent and more demanding their touches, well, there's only one football to go around...

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
First, how to you quote individual text segments like that? lol

Y'know, I don't really care how a receiver gives me a 40 yard gain, if he does it often enough he'll stretch defenses...

I agree that it doesn't really matter how you gain those 40 yards, but in a debate about whether or not he has the speed to stretch defenses it does matter.

Actually, the hurdles are the one track event that most demand the skills that an NFL WR needs... you need pure straight line speed, and you need to be quick out of the blocks (which is true for ALL of the shorter, "sprint" events), and you need to be able to jump pretty well...

No. Getting out of the blocks is completely different than starting from a two point stance. Sweed's speed in the 110m hurdles is evident of his straight line speed over an entire football field, and you almost never see players running the full distance. He could just have phenomenal times from 60m to 110m after he's gained speed over distance. We'd have to see his splits to get any real information. What matters is his straight line speed over 10 yards, a pretty common distance for the end of a routes stem. And hurdle jumping is much different than jumping up for a football (although that is something Sweed is good at).

And like I said, with his track background, I expect that he'll be pretty quick out of the blocks... he spent a lot of time in a younger day practicing exactly that...

Out of the blocks and out of a two point stance are different.

Except Williams was lazy, and never really in shape... the comparison to Keyshawn was apt because Sweed plays a very similar, very physical game... with Key, it was said that even when he's covered, he's open... that's pretty much true for Sweed as well, and is one of the reasons I like the guy so much...

He's really not all that physical for his size, certainly not like Keyshawn in respects to downfield blocking. That's not to say he's not somewhat physical but I certainly don't see him in the Michael Irvin type mold you were alluding to earlier.

Again, the Horns had a wide array of talented offensive players, and that had an impact on Sweed's numbers... they had Selvin Young, now with the Broncos, they had Jamaal Charles, who will playing for some NFL team... they had Bo Scaife at TE, now the second leading receiver for the Titans... for a time, they had Vince Young tucking the ball and running all over the field, rather than throwing it... with all that talent and more demanding their touches, well, there's only one football to go around...

You mean like how the Cowboys offense had a lot of talented players but still found ways for their guys to produce? Or USC the year that Texas beat them? Or how Edgerrin James, Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald all had a big season together? If Sweed were the #3 WR then yes, it would have hurt his production, but talented players still produce among other talented players when their the #1 or #2 option.

All that said, I wouldn't mind him being a Cowboy if we were able to pick him in the second round, but there are just other WRs with more complete skill sets that we would be able to target in the first. For a player with Sweeds concerns I would be wary to spend a first round pick on him, which is why I said that I considered him a higher risk pick. However, he certainly does have potential with his great hands. Will he ever be a #1? No I don't think so, at this point I don't see it, I think he would struggle against teams top CBs. As a #2 or #3 guy though, going against less skilled palyers I do think that he could make a difference for a team. Depending on what team he goes to I would expect him to have a rookie year similar to Sidney Rice, maybe somewhere around 400-500 yards and a handful of TDs.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
masomenos85;1879735 said:

I agree that it doesn't really matter how you gain those 40 yards, but in a debate about whether or not he has the speed to stretch defenses it does matter.

No. Getting out of the blocks is completely different than starting from a two point stance. Sweed's speed in the 110m hurdles is evident of his straight line speed over an entire football field, and you almost never see players running the full distance. He could just have phenomenal times from 60m to 110m after he's gained speed over distance. We'd have to see his splits to get any real information. What matters is his straight line speed over 10 yards, a pretty common distance for the end of a routes stem. And hurdle jumping is much different than jumping up for a football (although that is something Sweed is good at).

Out of the blocks and out of a two point stance are different.

He's really not all that physical for his size, certainly not like Keyshawn in respects to downfield blocking. That's not to say he's not somewhat physical but I certainly don't see him in the Michael Irvin type mold you were alluding to earlier.

You mean like how the Cowboys offense had a lot of talented players but still found ways for their guys to produce? Or USC the year that Texas beat them? Or how Edgerrin James, Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald all had a big season together? If Sweed were the #3 WR then yes, it would have hurt his production, but talented players still produce among other talented players when their the #1 or #2 option.

All that said, I wouldn't mind him being a Cowboy if we were able to pick him in the second round, but there are just other WRs with more complete skill sets that we would be able to target in the first. For a player with Sweeds concerns I would be wary to spend a first round pick on him, which is why I said that I considered him a higher risk pick. However, he certainly does have potential with his great hands. Will he ever be a #1? No I don't think so, at this point I don't see it, I think he would struggle against teams top CBs. As a #2 or #3 guy though, going against less skilled palyers I do think that he could make a difference for a team. Depending on what team he goes to I would expect him to have a rookie year similar to Sidney Rice, maybe somewhere around 400-500 yards and a handful of TDs.

this is a great debate.......speaking of debating.....were any of you guys UMass Debaters?:laugh2:

I like Sweed....if you don't so be it. If you do, cool. Don't worry masomenos......why you continue to argue or debate is beyond me. it is quite foolish of you. You should know it doesn't matter how much we want Sweed, Charles, or any other Longhorn..........Jerry doesn't draft from the Burnt Orange.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Biggems;1879782 said:
this is a great debate.......speaking of debating.....were any of you guys UMass Debaters?:laugh2:

I like Sweed....if you don't so be it. If you do, cool. Don't worry masomenos......why you continue to argue or debate is beyond me. it is quite foolish of you. You should know it doesn't matter how much we want Sweed, Charles, or any other Longhorn..........Jerry doesn't draft from the Burnt Orange.

I enjoy discussing stuff like this, that's why I continue to do it lol.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
Biggems;1877150 said:
we trade our #31 and 5th to Atlanta for #37 and #67

(1) 22. CB - Aqib Talib - Kansas
(2) 37. WR - Limas Sweed - Texas
(2) 63. RB - Chris Johnson - ECU / Jamaal Charles - Texas
(3) 67. CB - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
(3) 95. FB - Owen Schmitt - WVU
(4) C - Doug Legursky - Marshall / Cory Lichtensteiger - Bowling Green
(6) OLB - Brandon Miller - Georgia
(7) BPA

I not a Texas fan but I think Sweed won't be there for 37th

silverbear

Reaction score
masomenos85;1879735 said:

What you did wrong was typing in [/quote] at both the beginning and the end of the quote... at the beginning, there is no / in it, just
... then at the end you use the slash...

I had a hard time figuring it out at first too... :D

The thing is, Sweed is what most NFL teams are moving to today, the pure speed receiver is giving way to the big possession receiver with a little speed... you want another Terry Glenn, I want the Boys to build themselves a fleet of big, physical wideouts, with one or two of them offering just a little bit of a downfield threat...

I was just saying that there's more than one way to stretch a defense, and Sweed is obviously quite proficient in one of those ways...

Sweed's speed in the 110m hurdles is evident of his straight line speed over an entire football field, and you almost never see players running the full distance. He could just have phenomenal times from 60m to 110m after he's gained speed over distance.

No, not in a hurdle event, he can't... in that event, every few yards you have decelerate to jump over a hurdle, then accelerate to the next hurdle, thus largely eliminating the kind of acceleration you're talking about... initial quickness is every bit as important as pure straightline speed in the hurdles...

What matters is his straight line speed over 10 yards, a pretty common distance for the end of a routes stem.

And I'm saying that a good hurdler will be quite likely to put up good 10 yard splits... again, that's a run a few yards, jump over a hurdle, run a few more yards, jump over a hurdle, etc., kind of event... agility and initial quickness are essential to being good at that...

LOL... I find it difficult to believe we're talking about the same player... clearly, whatever you were watching, you were seeing something very different from what I saw when I watched the guy...

All that said, I wouldn't mind him being a Cowboy if we were able to pick him in the second round, but there are just other WRs with more complete skill sets that we would be able to target in the first. For a player with Sweeds concerns I would be wary to spend a first round pick on him, which is why I said that I considered him a higher risk pick.

If he runs well at the combine, he'll be a first round pick, for sure... if he doesn't time as well as I expect him to, then it's entirely possible that he could slip to the Boys in the second round... I won't be upset if he does, and I sure won't be upset if the Boys were to grab him that late...

However, he certainly does have potential with his great hands. Will he ever be a #1? No I don't think so,

I don't know if he'll ever catch 100 balls in a season, if he'll ever be a Pro Bowl WR, but I see him offering solid 60-75 catches per season potential in the NFL... I'll take that kind of production from a late first round pick...

Depending on what team he goes to I would expect him to have a rookie year similar to Sidney Rice, maybe somewhere around 400-500 yards and a handful of TDs.

That sounds like a reasonable projection...