MY Offseason 3.0 (Realistic)

dantheman41

Reaction score
Well in the last couple weeks, things have changed. And ideas on who the Cowboys might and might not sign have come out. Based on that, here is what I think the team should and very possibly will do.

CUT

Newman
Coleman
Kosier
Buehler

RE-SIGN

Fiammetta
Robinson

LET WALK

Spencer - After not agreeing to a reasonable 3 or 4 year deal, the team decides to cut bait. Franchising him would tie too much to the cap this year.

SIGN IN FREE AGENCY

Dan Connor - Compete with Bruce Carter for starting inside spot. Both guys will still get significant playing time, and maybe all 3 can be on field in certain packages

Kamerion Wimbley - Can replace Spencer at around the same price, or maybe even better since teams might be sketchy as to why Oakland released him. Has worked with Rob Ryan. And is better at pressuring QB

Scott Wells - Sign to a 3 year deal. Veteran on the offensive line this team needs. Can be solid contributor and be much better value then Grubbs or Nicks

Brandon Carr - Already on Cowboys radar according to multiple sources. I think this one is most likely to happen. Hopefully team doesn't pay him outrageous money so we can resign Jenkins next year

DRAFT

1st Rd - Fletcher Cox - Can rotate with Lissemore and Hatcher at end. Is a proven pass rusher. Very impressive at combine. As much as we want Ratliff to go outside, it doesn't seem that will happen in the base packages. So Cox gives us even more of a pass rush threat from the front 3

2nd Rd - Amini Silatolu - Love this guy. Extremely physical and has HUGE upside. Absolutely dominated competition. Don't know if he will fall to us, but if he does will be GREAT value. I am assuming DeCastro is off board to us in 1st. If Silatolu is picked already, maybe Zeitler will fall to us here

3rd Rd - Dwight Bentley - Continues to improve draft stock. Very competitive. Team loves him. Won't be around past 3rd anymore

4th Rd - Trumaine Johnson - Can compete with Church at safety. Great range, and can cover receivers. Projects better as safety then corner in NFL

5th Rd - Chris Rainey - Don't know if he will drop this far either. But proven return guy, and we can use him as slot receiver or running back in certain packages

6th Rd - Michael Williams - Proven blocking TE that can replace Bennett. Helped Alabama running game immensely

7th Rd - JB Shugarts - Can play tackle or guard. Better at guard, but can be used at tackle in emergency