CFZ My offseason moves

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
6mil cap room

Restructure and extend Zack Martin 3 yrs
Dallas takes 10 mil and puts that into a new signing bonus. He's still under contract for this yr and next yr. 3 yrs 45mil 10mil starts in 2025 -2027

Dallas saves 8 mil on the cap.
14mil cap room

Elliot takes a paycut to a 2 mil base salary with ability to get some back with incentives on yards and tds. He accepts

Dallas saves 8.9 mil
22.9mil cap room

Dallas releases Jourdan Lewis
Dallas saves 4.7mil
27.6mil cap room

Dallas releases Tyron Smith
Dallas saves 8.9 mil
36.5mil cap room

Tender Terence Steele rd 1 tender
1 yr 5.4 mil
31.1 mil cap room

Re-sign Conner McGovern
3 yrs 18mil 8 mil sb
Yr 1 2mil base salary 2.6 mil pr sb
4.6 mil caphit
26.5 cap room

Re-sign Jonathon Hankins
1 yr 1.5 mil 1 mil sb
1.7 mil caphit
24.8mil cap room

FreeAgency
Sign Fletcher Cox
2 yrs 12mil 5mil sb
Yr 1 4mil base 1 mil pr sb
19.8mil cap room

Re-sign Dalton Schultz
4 yrs 52mil 16mil sb
Yr 1 5 mil base salary 4 mil pr sb
10.8 mil cap

Starters for 2023

QB. Dak Prescot
RB. Jahmyr Gibbs (rookie)
WR. CeeDee Lamb
WR. Michael Gallup
WR. Jalin Hyatt (rookie)
TE. Dalton Schultz
LT. Tyler Smith
LG. Conner McGovern
C. Tyler Biadasz
RG. Zack Martin
RT. Terence Steele

LDE. Demarcus Lawrence
3T. Osa Odighizuwa
1T. Fletcher Cox
RDE. Dorrance Armstrong
LB. Damone Clark
LB. Micah Parsons
CB. Trevon Diggs
CB. Daron Bland
CB. Israel Mukuamu
FS. Malik Hooker
SS. Jayron Kearse

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I love your aspiration. But the numbers you threw out to keep McGovern, Steele and to get Cox. I don't that will get it done. The Cowboys don't want to spend money (witness what Bobby Wagner and Von Miller signed for last offseason). My theory as to why they don't want to spend money is they are saving cap space for Diggs, Lamb and Micah.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I love your aspiration. But the numbers you threw out to keep McGovern, Steele and to get Cox. I don't that will get it done. The Cowboys don't want to spend money (witness what Bobby Wagner and Von Miller signed for last offseason). My theory as to why they don't want to spend money is they are saving cap space for Diggs, Lamb and Micah.
Steele is a rfa his price is set.
McGovern is a 1 season starter and he was above avg.
Cox just played for 4 mil. I get it he took a paycut for the eagles. But it's in his 30s and just like suhended his career taking these types of deals to keep playing, Cox is no different.

Sydla

Reaction score
Steele is a rfa his price is set.
McGovern is a 1 season starter and he was above avg.
Cox just played for 4 mil. I get it he took a paycut for the eagles. But it's in his 30s and just like suhended his career taking these types of deals to keep playing, Cox is no different.

Don't be surprised if he's back on Philly at a cheap price again. It's been reported he wants to just finish out his career there.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Elliott has to be cut. Even taking a massive pay cut as you stated, he'd still be a backup TB with an 8 million cap hit. That's preposterous.

And that's a big no on resigning Schultz at that number too.
Elliot scored 12 tds this yr. He'd come in handy on the goaline. Rather have them 12 tds then dead money.

starfan1

Reaction score
my theory is Jerry is a tightarse he hasnt spent money for sometime

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
By the time they come up for new deals the new TV money will kick in and money won't be a issue. Not to mention Dallas could get out of Lawrence deal next yr too.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
6mil cap room

Dallas takes 10 mil and puts that into a new signing bonus. He's still under contract for this yr and next yr. 3 yrs 45mil 10mil starts in 2025 -2027

14mil cap room

Elliot takes a paycut to a 2 mil base salary with ability to get some back with incentives on yards and tds. He accepts

Dallas saves 8.9 mil
22.9mil cap room

Dallas saves 4.7mil
27.6mil cap room

Dallas saves 8.9 mil
36.5mil cap room

1 yr 5.4 mil
31.1 mil cap room

Re-sign Conner McGovern
3 yrs 18mil 8 mil sb
4.6 mil caphit
26.5 cap room

Re-sign Jonathon Hankins
1 yr 1.5 mil 1 mil sb
1.7 mil caphit
24.8mil cap room

FreeAgency
Sign Fletcher Cox
2 yrs 12mil 5mil sb
19.8mil cap room

Re-sign Dalton Schultz
4 yrs 52mil 16mil sb
10.8 mil cap

Starters for 2023

QB. Dak Prescot
WR. CeeDee Lamb
WR. Michael Gallup
WR. Jalin Hyatt (rookie)
TE. Dalton Schultz
LT. Tyler Smith
LG. Conner McGovern
C. Tyler Biadasz
RG. Zack Martin
RT. Terence Steele

LDE. Demarcus Lawrence
3T. Osa Odighizuwa
1T. Fletcher Cox
RDE. Dorrance Armstrong
LB. Damone Clark
LB. Micah Parsons
CB. Trevon Diggs
CB. Daron Bland
CB. Israel Mukuamu
FS. Malik Hooker
SS. Jayron Kearse
Cox has some serious Cowboy's hate .
Dont know if you could lure him here.
Maybe Peters could recruit him ?

ccb04

Reaction score
I can see them keeping both Tyron and Lewis. With Steele tearing his ACL and MCL in mid December 2022, he may not be ready to start the season. With Brown likely gone, Lewis gives them a reasonably priced slot option & vet presence to go along with the young guys.

Not sure if they resign Schultz, and believe they could leave the tag on the table as a possibility for Pollard.

Would like to see Hankins return. Think there's a possibility LVE returns, and wouldn't mind seeing Wilson return.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Not in on Schultz. The TE room is deep and I think Ferguson can really blossom into a star.
I would get after a top FA DT live Payne to anchor that DL. Cox is a regressing player.
Steele will get more than the $7M/year Collins got in Cincy.
Jordan Lewis is not that expensive given his production.
Time to move on from Zeke. The big question is what to do with Pollard.

Creeper

Reaction score
6mil cap room

14mil cap room

Dallas saves 8.9 mil
22.9mil cap room

Dallas saves 4.7mil
27.6mil cap room

Dallas saves 8.9 mil
36.5mil cap room

1 yr 5.4 mil
31.1 mil cap room

Re-sign Conner McGovern
3 yrs 18mil 8 mil sb
4.6 mil caphit
26.5 cap room

Re-sign Jonathon Hankins
1 yr 1.5 mil 1 mil sb
1.7 mil caphit
24.8mil cap room

FreeAgency
Sign Fletcher Cox
2 yrs 12mil 5mil sb
19.8mil cap room

Re-sign Dalton Schultz
4 yrs 52mil 16mil sb
10.8 mil cap

Starters for 2023

QB. Dak Prescot
WR. CeeDee Lamb
WR. Michael Gallup
WR. Jalin Hyatt (rookie)
TE. Dalton Schultz
LT. Tyler Smith
LG. Conner McGovern
C. Tyler Biadasz
RG. Zack Martin
RT. Terence Steele

LDE. Demarcus Lawrence
3T. Osa Odighizuwa
1T. Fletcher Cox
RDE. Dorrance Armstrong
LB. Damone Clark
LB. Micah Parsons
CB. Trevon Diggs
CB. Daron Bland
CB. Israel Mukuamu
FS. Malik Hooker
SS. Jayron Kearse
I am okay with most of this. Will Zeke really take $2 million? IMO, he takes that or he takes nothing because I am not sure anyone would sign him for more. Then again, another team can sign him to $3 million and he has less impact than he would for Dallas at $2 million.

I am leaning towards releasing Tyron, but if they don't sign McGovern the Tyron is there to play LT with Tyler Smith moving inside. I would prefer to sign McGovern. I think he did a pretty good job this year at LG. I wonder what other teams will offer him.

I like the idea of signing Hankins but not Cox. I think there is 0 chance Cox would play for Dallas. I think there is a better chance he stays with the Eagles. But I wouldn't mind signing Dalvin Tomlinson who is also a free agent. But the need to so something at DT. With Bohanna inactive for the niners game, and Galloway looking like less than a Jag they need more at DT.

I like what I saw from Mukuamu but I am not ready to make a full commitment to him. Either the draft a CB or sign one in free agency, or they keep Lewis just in case. I've said it before, CAP space is unnecessary unless Jerry and junior are willing to spend it. So far they have not so no need to cut players to make CAP room.

I am letting Schultz go. I think Ferguson will be better that Schultz one day and I don;t want Schultz around to stunt his development.

Also, you left out Dak's contract. I think it is inevitable that Jerry will restructure Dak again, extend the deal into the voided years and create CAP space that way. I don't think Jerry has a choice. But Jerry surprised me last year so I imagine there will be some surprising moves this year.

Plus the Cowboys are starting 2023 $5 million over the CAP not $6 million under according to over the CAP.