My Pet Cat went 3rd overall in the CFL Draft

Knotamus

Reaction score
Interesting. I’m a die NFL football fan, yet I had no clue the CFL even had drafts. Sorry, I know that sounds stupid bc it seems obvious.. I just was unaware. I suppose it’s not as commercialized as the NFL is.

That said, did anyone undrafted that was linked to NFL get drafted to the CFL? (besides the OP pet cat)

BigTruth

Reaction score
Interesting. I’m a die NFL football fan, yet I had no clue the CFL even had drafts. Sorry, I know that sounds stupid bc it seems obvious.. I just was unaware. I suppose it’s not as commercialized as the NFL is.

That said, did anyone undrafted that was linked to NFL get drafted to the CFL? (besides the OP pet cat)

Hello Knotamus-

This is strange- Benjamin St. Juste who was drafted #74 by WFT was drafted in their last round.

Chuba Hubbard- drafted in the 4th round by the Carolina Panthers was drafted in the 5th round by the Calgary Stampeders. They also drafted Amen Ogbongemiga with the 9th overall pick who signed as an UDFA with the Chargers. Alaric Jackson an UDFA with the Rams, and Bruno Labelle UDFA Cardinals were drafted as well.

I don't know if the early reports are these players games will not translate to the NFL because it makes no sense to draft 2 players who were high NFL draft picks. If either St. Juste or Hubbard gets cut teams would be lining up- they are not going to the CFL. The rest of the players are guys you never heard of- a TE from Boston College went first.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Hello Knotamus-

This is strange- Benjamin St. Juste who was drafted #74 by WFT was drafted in their last round.

Chuba Hubbard- drafted in the 4th round by the Carolina Panthers was drafted in the 5th round by the Calgary Stampeders. They also drafted Amen Ogbongemiga with the 9th overall pick who signed as an UDFA with the Chargers. Alaric Jackson an UDFA with the Rams, and Bruno Labelle UDFA Cardinals were drafted as well.

I don't know if the early reports are these players games will not translate to the NFL because it makes no sense to draft 2 players who were high NFL draft picks. If either St. Juste or Hubbard gets cut teams would be lining up- they are not going to the CFL. The rest of the players are guys you never heard of- a TE from Boston College went first.
It's like drafting Roger Staubach in the tenth round. A futures pick if they don't make it in the NFL.