My pets are still scared of me after the loss

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Opps. Still. It's a brave thing to do. Even a lot of women won't seek therapy.

Another thing, why do so many people spell "oops" with two p's instead of two o's? It's a long sounding 0! Oooooooooops. It's not a special forces mission.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Ummmm.....maybe you will "never understand how people get so worked up over a game that they have zero hand in working them up to the point of having your loved ones, or pets, or friends or ever your co-workers being leery to even be around you" because you have never loved the Dallas Cowboys, or any other team, as much as I have. Listen, I don't know how old you are, or how many years you have been following the Cowboys, but by your statement alone, I can tell you that it is not as long as I have been. I am a Fan. I Love this Team. I am Not an Observer. I was born into a Dallas Cowboys family, and by birthright, have followed this team since before I was old enough to comprehend what the hell football was. Count 'em. 45 years. And counting. What you got??

Keep scratching your head, dude. And while you're scratching your head at how you don't understand how fans can be so upset that our season is now over, I and a million other fans will be crushed that we came so close to having it all, only to have it taken away by a stupid rule that doesn't even make since. And I will be scratching MY head, over how someone who calls himself a Cowboys fan is not upset over this game. Maybe you need to get your priorities straight: are you a Cowboys fan or not? Maybe you need to redefine what a "fan" actually means.

Okay.

Cool.

I don't really care if it's been 5 years of 60 years it's odd to me that anyone gets that worked up over a sporting event that has ZERO bearing on their lives. Or at least it shouldn't.

Being in a dark, pissy, foul mood to the point of people being afraid to be around you is just flat out taking the game WAY to seriously.

If that's what makes you tick. Awesome. Good for you. I don't have to agree with it or understand it and I never will. My life isn't any better, or worse, today based off of yesterday's results.

When the Cowboys were 3-13 and 1-15 my first two years of being a fan I didn't have a worse life because of it and I didn't magically have a better life when I was watching them win 3 Superbowls over 4 years. The thing is I know, and have always known, that the Cowboys success, or lack of success, does absolutely zero to my life.

Anyone who puts the outcome of a football game on their list of high priorities doesn't even have a clue what real priorities are so I'll simply let you keep your suggestion and respect the fact that you were kind enough to share it.

If I have to act like a fool, be in a piss poor mood to my family, have a dark and sour attitude for hours, days, or weeks after the outcome of a football game to be a "fan" then you can have it. I'm never going to be that way. I never have been and I never will be. It's stupid, to be quite honest, that the outcome of a professional sporting event would put anyone in that type of mood.

It sucks that they didn't win. I wish they had. It would have been fun and awesome to have said they won another championship this year. Maybe they'll add their next one next season.

So I've been a fan since 88 which is more than 20 years. I've seen great times and horrible times. The great thing about it for me is that my life is great regardless of the outcome of a NFL football game. I'm sorry for you that your life are tied directly to the results of the Dallas Cowboys. You can have your pets and family being afraid of you, and hold that badge of honor high and proud. I'll take being able to hold my family, smile, and have good times with them afterwards to make things better.

Last edited:

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
I don't really care if it's been 5 years of 60 years it's odd to me that anyone gets that worked up over a sporting event that has ZERO bearing on their lives. Or at least it shouldn't.
I know you were responding to Kim, but I'm going to give my perspective on this one more time.

The Cowboys are more than a "sporting event" to me. It might be crazy -- I'll give you that. But as I said last night, I was a little girl who had been emotionally abused. I embraced that team a little more intensely than maybe I should have. It was right before Roger Staubach was ready to take over the QB spot and good things were about to happen. I needed that. I still had hope in the 80's...I was probably in denial, but it seemed like we were still in the playoffs often enough that I could fool myself into believing we could still win it all. Then the bottom fell out, Landry got fired, I was devastated. Here comes the Jerry Jones era, and before long, we're back on top of the NFL again. That lasted for about another decade. And it took another decade for me to realize it was over....around 2012. This year stunned me. I was prepared to sulk for another football season, but somebody up there had other plans for me and my fellow Cowboy fans. I always knew that if it would have to end, I would come down crashing hard, just because of the miracle ride we were all on.

The Cowboys were my escape from all the ugliness that was in my life. That ugliness should have ended when my mother died, but I have had my ways of punishing myself even when she wasn't around to do it. Unless you've walked in my shoes, don't judge. I take their losses a little more seriously than fans like you do. I have my reasons. I'm glad you have a happy life, and a happy family. More importantly I'm glad you don't have to share my reasons because it sucks to be like me.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I know you were responding to Kim, but I'm going to give my perspective on this one more time.

The Cowboys are more than a "sporting event" to me. It might be crazy -- I'll give you that. But as I said last night, I was a little girl who had been emotionally abused. I embraced that team a little more intensely than maybe I should have. It was right before Roger Staubach was ready to take over the QB spot and good things were about to happen. I needed that. I still had hope in the 80's...I was probably in denial, but it seemed like we were still in the playoffs often enough that I could fool myself into believing we could still win it all. Then the bottom fell out, Landry got fired, I was devastated. Here comes the Jerry Jones era, and before long, we're back on top of the NFL again. That lasted for about another decade. And it took another decade for me to realize it was over....around 2012. This year stunned me. I was prepared to sulk for another football season, but somebody up there had other plans for me and my fellow Cowboy fans. I always knew that if it would have to end, I would come down crashing hard, just because of the miracle ride we were all on.

The Cowboys were my escape from all the ugliness that was in my life. That ugliness should have ended when my mother died, but I have had my ways of punishing myself even when she wasn't around to do it. Unless you've walked in my shoes, don't judge. I take their losses a little more seriously than fans like you do. I have my reasons. I'm glad you have a happy life, and a happy family. More importantly I'm glad you don't have to share my reasons because it sucks to be like me.

I'm very sorry for your personal life issues. I respectfully will not comment any further than that, toward you, as it would only upset and anger people.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
It is just after 8:30 where I live, hours after the game. Hours after the loss. But my spirit and my mood are still so dark, so sour, so hurt, that they are still looking at me nervously. I really need to calm down. I am not yelling much, lol, not much. Except in spurts here and there, when I think about something or other. Mainly "The Call that will Live in Infamy"! But my babies. They are so sweet, my little pomeranian, Jesse James, with his ears tucked back and his big beautiful brown eyes on me with worry, and my little 9 year old 5 lb. sweet furry black cat, Miss Ruby, with her beautiful inquisitive and concerned green eyes. They don't know about Mamma tonight. Mamma has lost it. I am always the calm one, the loving one, the trusted one. They are both looking at me like they are afraid I am going to drag an axe out of the garage and start chopping on things. lol.

Is anybody else still so emotional that your family members are still keeping an eye on you?

At least your pets are alive mine went to football heaven. :D

kimrose

Reaction score
Okay.

Cool.

Being in a dark, pissy, foul mood to the point of people being afraid to be around you is just flat out taking the game WAY to seriously.

If that's what makes you tick. Awesome. Good for you. I don't have to agree with it or understand it and I never will. My life isn't any better, or worse, today based off of yesterday's results.

When the Cowboys were 3-13 and 1-15 my first two years of being a fan I didn't have a worse life because of it and I didn't magically have a better life when I was watching them win 3 Superbowls over 4 years. The thing is I know, and have always known, that the Cowboys success, or lack of success, does absolutely zero to my life.

Anyone who puts the outcome of a football game on their list of high priorities doesn't even have a clue what real priorities are so I'll simply let you keep your suggestion and respect the fact that you were kind enough to share it.

If I have to act like a fool, be in a piss poor mood to my family, have a dark and sour attitude for hours, days, or weeks after the outcome of a football game to be a "fan" then you can have it. I'm never going to be that way. I never have been and I never will be. It's stupid, to be quite honest, that the outcome of a professional sporting event would put anyone in that type of mood.

It sucks that they didn't win. I wish they had. It would have been fun and awesome to have said they won another championship this year. Maybe they'll add their next one next season.

So I've been a fan since 88 which is more than 20 years. I've seen great times and horrible times. The great thing about it for me is that my life is great regardless of the outcome of a NFL football game. I'm sorry for you that your life are tied directly to the results of the Dallas Cowboys. You can have your pets and family being afraid of you, and hold that badge of honor high and proud. I'll take being able to hold my family, smile, and have good times with them afterwards to make things better.

Cool, dude. Maybe somewhere between where you see it and where me and a world of other sports fans see it, lies the perfect fan. I get my passion from my family, we were a loud bunch. I remember back in the '70s, screaming at the TV when the Cowboys were playing, we would all be hoarse by the time it was over. They used to have to keep telling me to move because I would be standing right in front of it, jumping up and down. lol. And when they lost just a regular season game, you couldn't talk to my Grandpa for the whole week, especially not about the game. But I loved that fire and that passion that he had. He had that same spirit about life in general, and love, and his family. He was a big, burly old offshore fisherman, with this deep, loud, raspy voice (from years of yelling to his crew on the noisy open seas), and he gave the biggest bear hugs I have ever felt. I wouldn't trade the way he viewed the world or his team for any other. And I would have dared any calm, "dignified" fan to tell him he was acting like a savage. He would have beat them into the ground. lol

I am so glad he didn't go through life with a blase, "oh well" attitude. And I'm glad I don't either. It works for some, it seems to work well for you, great. It doesn't work for me or my people. Doesn't make us any lower on the human scale than you are, nor does it make you any higher. Nor does it give you the right to judge us or tell us how wrong or how bad we are, or that we need some kind of attitude adjustment. People are different. We view things differently and we show emotion differently. But we are all just people who love our team, right?;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Cool, dude. Maybe somewhere between where you see it and where me and a world of other sports fans see it, lies the perfect fan. I get my passion from my family, we were a loud bunch. I remember back in the '70s, screaming at the TV when the Cowboys were playing, we would all be hoarse by the time it was over. They used to have to keep telling me to move because I would be standing right in front of it, jumping up and down. lol. And when they lost just a regular season game, you couldn't talk to my Grandpa for the whole week, especially not about the game. But I loved that fire and that passion that he had. He had that same spirit about life in general, and love, and his family. He was a big, burly old offshore fisherman, with this deep, loud, raspy voice (from years of yelling to his crew on the noisy open seas), and he gave the biggest bear hugs I have ever felt. I wouldn't trade the way he viewed the world or his team for any other. And I would have dared any calm, "dignified" fan to tell him he was acting like a savage. He would have beat them into the ground. lol

I am so glad he didn't go through life with a blase, "oh well" attitude. And I'm glad I don't either. It works for some, it seems to work well for you, great. It doesn't work for me or my people. Doesn't make us any lower on the human scale than you are, nor does it make you any higher. Nor does it give you the right to judge us or tell us how wrong or how bad we are, or that we need some kind of attitude adjustment. People are different. We view things differently and we show emotion differently. But we are all just people who love our team, right?;)

I'm going to comment this final time then I'm moving on from this because it's clear that you're changing the point each time.

At no time did I ever claim that yelling at the TV or getting loud was a bad thing. At no time did I say it made you, your grandfather, or anyone else bad people.

At no time did I say you were lower human being or that I was a higher one or that anyone was a savage but it's hilarious that not only you made this up but you felt the need to try and intimidate by saying he'd have beaten a person into the ground for saying something they didn't even say.

Everyone yells and gets loud. That's part of being a fan. It's a FAR cry from being in a foul, dark, sour, piss poor mood to where people can't even talk to you or be around you really after a game. If that's your thing that's awesome. More power to you and I'm happy for you that you're happy being in a piss poor mood for hours afterwards. If that's your idea of passion and awesome then good for you. To me it sounds miserable and ridiculous that your life, in general, is influenced to that degree, for that kind of time, by the outcome of a football game.

And I don't go through life with an "oh well" attitude. Which is a big part of the point. The things in life that actually matter, my family, my friends, my job, those things get the actual focus and attention and care. I don't let those things be effected, or derailed, by some misguided idea that it's awesome to be in terrible, foul, mood cause my favorite football team lost a football game.

All that said you were right about one thing and one thing only, in regards to me (as I don't know your family and don't have any reason to think anything different about what you're saying about them), is that we are all people who love our team.

As for anything further with this I just agree that I'll disagree with you because this will only lead to back and forth that is likely will lead to nothing good.

kimrose

Reaction score
I'm going to comment this final time then I'm moving on from this because it's clear that you're changing the point each time.

At no time did I ever claim that yelling at the TV or getting loud was a bad thing. At no time did I say it made you, your grandfather, or anyone else bad people.

At no time did I say you were lower human being or that I was a higher one or that anyone was a savage but it's hilarious that not only you made this up but you felt the need to try and intimidate by saying he'd have beaten a person into the ground for saying something they didn't even say.

Everyone yells and gets loud. That's part of being a fan. It's a FAR cry from being in a foul, dark, sour, piss poor mood to where people can't even talk to you or be around you really after a game. If that's your thing that's awesome. More power to you and I'm happy for you that you're happy being in a piss poor mood for hours afterwards. If that's your idea of passion and awesome then good for you. To me it sounds miserable and ridiculous that your life, in general, is influenced to that degree, for that kind of time, by the outcome of a football game.

And I don't go through life with an "oh well" attitude. Which is a big part of the point. The things in life that actually matter, my family, my friends, my job, those things get the actual focus and attention and care. I don't let those things be effected, or derailed, by some misguided idea that it's awesome to be in terrible, foul, mood cause my favorite football team lost a football game.

All that said you were right about one thing and one thing only, in regards to me (as I don't know your family and don't have any reason to think anything different about what you're saying about them), is that we are all people who love our team.

As for anything further with this I just agree that I'll disagree with you because this will only lead to back and forth that is likely will lead to nothing good.

This is the last thing I will say about this, also. I have always thought that you were a kind poster. Your posts are always peaceful, which can be nice to read in a sea of posts where folks are arguing with each other. I was kind of taken aback by your response to this little cute thread I made last night, that everyone was sharing their pet stories in. It sort of derailed the meaning behind the thread and turned it into a something else. It is obvious that lots of people felt the same way I did.

But you seriously need to get over yourself, man. You are not only calling me and my reactions ridiculous, but almost everyone else on this entire board, as well. And you may not have said those things word for word, although some of it you did, but your message was definitely there, and it was loud and clear. No point was changed. You cannot call out someone because of their emotions after a devastating loss like we had yesterday. To do so is to put the spotlight on them and make it seem like you are attacking their fandom. It's not cool, man. But I still think you are a kind person, and I will still enjoy reading your posts. I hope you have a great week and here's to looking forward to the draft.

dupree89

Reaction score
The picture to the left, his my cocker spaniel named "Cowboy". My last cocker, may he rest in peace, was named "Dallas". I take my dog with me in the truck down to the post office today. And the clown in the post office had to hit me with "I told you....you should've named him Giant. This poor dog will go his entire life and never sniff a Super Bowl".

But what can we expect from a Giants fan.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
The picture to the left, his my cocker spaniel named "Cowboy". My last cocker, may he rest in peace, was named "Dallas". I take my dog with me in the truck down to the post office today. And the clown in the post office had to hit me with "I told you....you should've named him Giant. This poor dog will go his entire life and never sniff a Super Bowl".

But what can we expect from a Giants fan.
"Cowboy" is a cutie!! :)

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
This is the last thing I will say about this, also. I have always thought that you were a kind poster. Your posts are always peaceful, which can be nice to read in a sea of posts where folks are arguing with each other. I was kind of taken aback by your response to this little cute thread I made last night, that everyone was sharing their pet stories in. It sort of derailed the meaning behind the thread and turned it into a something else. It is obvious that lots of people felt the same way I did.

But you seriously need to get over yourself, man. You are not only calling me and my reactions ridiculous, but almost everyone else on this entire board, as well. And you may not have said those things word for word, although some of it you did, but your message was definitely there, and it was loud and clear. No point was changed. You cannot call out someone because of their emotions after a devastating loss like we had yesterday. To do so is to put the spotlight on them and make it seem like you are attacking their fandom. It's not cool, man. But I still think you are a kind person, and I will still enjoy reading your posts. I hope you have a great week and here's to looking forward to the draft.

I would like to add my last thing also and then I'm don. I like Brave Heart too, I think he's an excellent poster, fair and with good points and I feel bad I jumped on him like I did last night (I usually save that for Romo haters because it's irrational). This and other boards are better with Brave Heart. I just believe you can't tell other people how to feel because our life experiences are all so different. It would be like telling Dez to calm the hell down. That's not going to go over well with Dez because of his life experiences.

It was a tough loss. The season is over and soon, we'll be looking forward to the process of the off season and you can bet we'll all be fired up and ready to go when camp starts again and the games begin and I have a good feeling that there will be a lot to be excited about.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
Everyone is going to react differently because we're all people with different lives and temperaments and personalities. I hope you feel better today. Anger tends to be my go to emotion but yesterday I just felt sad.... It's the second season without my dad and I really thought we were going to do it this year for him. I know that sounds crazy... his loss is a big reason I'm so emotionally affected by falling short....

Anyway, I was going to stay in and mope but my dear friend was in from out of town with her new baby boy who I haven't met yet. So I'm glad I got out and hung out with my friends and they all knew better than to say anything lol! Even the Toxin fans among them said the nicest things about our team, how far we have come, their belief we will be good for a while, and how they think we were robbed, in their opinion. Anyway, today I got to take a personal day from work b/c my boss is super cool like that and I can work from home, anyway. It comforts me to be here with you guys and the Cowboys Meetup Group page in Houston to see how we are all reacting differently to the loss.... there's no right or wrong but I do believe everyone should accept the support of their family and friends and we should all feel more 'normal' tomorrow or by the end of the week? lol!

The only thing that's going to get me through this offseason is NOT watching the Superbowl, getting my warm weather back and spending all my spare time outside and in the sun, going on trips with my friends, celebrating weddings, going to Europe in July and getting back just in time for training camp.... Distraction, people! It's all about family, friends and distraction now! My wish for you all is that you have those things in spades!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

My apologies for any disrespect to you or anyone else.

You have a great week as well and I'm looking forward to a great off season and draft.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Okay.

Cool.

Your application for King of the Moral Mountain has been DENIED.

Thanks for applying. You may re-apply in six months.

kimrose

Reaction score
My apologies for any disrespect to you or anyone else.

You have a great week as well and I'm looking forward to a great off season and draft.

And mine to you, as well, Braveheart. I think that our emotions may have gotten to us these last few days. I really do enjoy your pleasant nature and your usually peaceful posts, I wasn't kidding. You're a good guy, my friend. Take care.