My Pre-Training Camp Predictions - Long

Champsheart

Reaction score
I have not posted hardly at all for a couple of months in these most boring days of the off-season. It now comes down to this, I CAN NOT TAKE IT AMYMORE!!!!! AHHHHHH
I NEED FOOTBALL!!!!! I MUST TALK FOOTBALL!!! I MUST FOCUS ON OUR COWBOYS!!!!!! Training camp, Pre-Season, and Week 1 can not get here fast enough, so I must share my outlook with you all, many of which I have really missed.

So here we go! Is it Super Bowl or bust? Well yhea, but not this year, although I do believe we will start to see the steps unfolding on the football field towards that beloved day we all stand in front of our TV's watching our Cowboys being introduced on Super Bowl Sunday for the 9th time.

No question we will be a better team in 2005, the question is how much better? Well we will flip last years record of 6-10 to 10-6 and a wildcard berth, and win at least one playoff game for the first time in what, 8 or 9 years.

This will be a fun season to watch, and we will start to watch as many players show us what the future holds.

How do we get to 10-6? Let's break down our 16 regular season games.

VS. NFC EAST - We will go 4-2.
We sweep the Foreskins once again - 2-0
We split with The Eagles - 1-1
We split with the Giants - 1-1

VS. NFC WEST - We will go 3-1
We Beat the 49ers
We Beat the Cardinals
We lose to the Seahawks
We beat St. Louis

VS. NFC games based on Record - We will go 1-1
We beat the Lions
We lose to the Panthers

VS. AFC WEST - We will go 2-2
We beat Denver
We beat San Diego
We lose to Oakland
We lose to Kansas City

Key points to the season-

We will be one of the top 2 or 3 rushing teams in the NFL.
With Julius Jones, A-Train, and MB3, we have our deepest backfield since the 70's with a potential Pro-Bowl berth awaiting Julius.

The whole key to the Offense is the O-line IMO. I truly believe our O-Line will have its best year since the early to mid 90's. Larry Allen has actually been reported getting vocal, and becoming a leader, that should tell it all, as well as he is reported in excellent shape, and fully in harmony with Parcell's conditioning program. We will see a dominant LA in 2005. This will spread throughout the line as Flozell on one side, and Johnson now in his 3rd year we reap the benefits, and follow his lead.
The next big move here is Rivera. Our right side has had problems for years now, and Rivera now takes care of 50 percent of that plus some. Whoever starts at Right Tackle will be glad they have Rivera next to them. My prediction is Vollers starts the first couple of games, but by week 4 Pettiti takes over. I think this rookie has potential, and have felt it since the day we drafted him.

All in all we have a better O-Line, and much deeper than a year ago IMO with Walter, Gurode, Peterman, and Rodgers backing up, who we all expected to start at sometime or another.

On Offense this is the whole key, if I am right and the Running game is what I think it is, and The O-Line plays the way I think it will, then there is one guy who will benefit the most, Drew Bledsoe. IMO Dallas is exactly what the doctor ordered for our new QB. He is a limited QB, but in the right situation can still be very effective.

Parcells knows exactly how to use Bledose, and will play to his strenghts, not his weaknesses, the question is will the cast play to it's potential to allow that?
Not only do I think it will, I think it does it better than what many people are thinking.

Next the WR's and TE's.
Jason Witten, nuff said.
Key and Glenn just need to stay healthy, but here is my suprise, Patrick Crayton will help this team, and by years end will not have people so worried about WR. He really showed me a lot in his limited chances last year. I saw great hands, good routes, a good head, run after the catch, and game changing plays in crunch time. He also looked very versatile as a Thrower, Returner, and Blocker. I predict he will be a house hold name not to far around the corner.

Now the Defense. Oh that defense. We flat out sucked last year. That will not happen again with as many as 6 new starters on Defense.

Now, I have no idea how much 3-4 or 4-3 we play, and really I do not care. What will change is this will no longer by a read and react defense, this will be an attacking take charge defense, and the players we have aquired in the Front 7 and Secondary will allow us to do that.

I am not going to predict who starts, and who does not because I really do not think it will matter. We will attack, and keep everyone fresh, and have many interchangable parts. The key is for the coaching staff to figure out how to play to everyones strenghts, and I think they will.

With the additions of Ware, Spears, Ferguson, Burnett, Canty, Glenn, and Henry this Defense can only get better.

I also predict it will not take as long as many think for these young guys to take flight, as Parcells history shows he knows how to get young guys rolling quickly. We also have Veterans like Glover, Ellis, DAT, and Glen to help them out.

We also will see Roy Williams being much more dominant as he will be used much different this year in an attacking fashion. Along with Ware we now have guys who attack and don't react.

The first half on the season the defense will have its ups and downs, but hold things together. By the second half of the season these guys will really come on and show us a glimpse into the future as the players and coaching staff learn how to utilize all these parts.

There will be 2 suprises on Defense.

The first being Kalen Thornton. While he will not be dominant, he will make an impact at times rushing the QB from the 3-4, and we will be glad we have him. He will have 5 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles.

Next is Keith Davis. While he will struggle with assignments from time to time, he will make a few big plays from the FS position and will start all 16 games.
Keith Davis gets 5 INT's by years end.

So there you have it, my Pre-Traning Camp Predictions.
What are they worth, nothing!

Never the less this should be one fun season to watch, and actually this Pre-Season is the most anticipated for me in over a decade.

The Future is now!

GO COWBOYS!

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
WEll its bery thought out intelligent and well spoken....typed:D, just wish some poster(myself included) could post like this:D:D

Champsheart

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
WEll its bery thought out intelligent and well spoken....typed:D, just wish some poster(myself included) could post like this:D:D

Nice Sig Picture! I have that in my Living room 16X20. That is my 2nd favorite piece.

Reaction score
Great post Champsheart. It's good to have you back. We're all in the same boat when it comes to being extremely antsy now that t/c is so close AND brimming with optimism about the comming season.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
Nice Sig Picture! I have that in my Living room 16X20. That is my 2nd favorite piece.

Yea i had my favorite one don there but it was to big:mad:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
We won't lose to the Seahawks...

But San Diego i think will beat us, but not KC, and i think we will have at least one more win in there somewhere.

This should be an 11-5 team at least