My Rant: Little Things Matter

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Sorry, I dont start many threads but I had to rant about a few of my frustrations.

• Ware and Ellis jumping offsides on 3rd and less then 5 kept 2 drives alive
  • Hamlin cant hold onto an easy fumble
  • Oline cant pick up the simple of blitzes
  • Romo misses open WRs for big plays
  • TO drops passes for first downs twice
  • Choice fumbles the 3rd down option play, we have to settle for a FG
  • Garrett is slow to adjust and we never get off quickly plus he is predictable
  • Roy Williams not involved in the offense, he was uncovered on one play for 5 seconds and Romo never looked his way prior to the snap. How can you assess the field if you only look at half of it?
  • Henry starting over Jenkins/Scandrick/Pac Man is a joke
  • Poor tackling as a result of no contact of during training camp still there in week 15
  • Overload one side to block a FG 3 times in one game? The Ravens saw it and took advantage of it. What a novel concept.
  • Of coarse it wouldn't be a Cowboy game if we didn't have at least 2 false starts

There are so many little things that this team does to shoot itself in the foot that it is unbelievable. Personally I am torn because on one hand, I say the coaches arent doing there job and putting an emphasis on the little things.

On the other hand I say I sincerely doubt that Parcells didn't go over every single little detail again and again and these are the same mistakes they were making when he was here.

I think Jerry is going to keep Wade for another year and for the most part I am ok with that because I dont think you can or should keep changing coaches every year but either way we HAVE to bring in someone with more NFL experience to help Garrett learn the ropes. I still have faith in him but he is still green.

My other complaint is that there doesnt seem to be any ownership or accountability on this team for poor play or mistakes, people need to know their jobs are on the line, how can that happen when Wade doesnt have the stones to even bench Henry?

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
Doomsday;2513731 said:
Sorry, I dont start many threads but I had to rant about a few of my frustrations.
  • Roy Williams not involved in the offense, he was uncovered on one play for 5 seconds and Romo never looked his way prior to the snap. How can you assess the field if you only look at half of it?
  • Poor tackling as a result of no contact of during training camp still there in week 15
  • Overload one side to block a FG 3 times in one game? The Ravens saw it and took advantage of it. What a novel concept.
  • Of coarse it wouldn't be a Cowboy game if we didn't have at least 2 false starts
There are so many little things that this team does to shoot itself in the foot that it is unbelievable. Personally I am torn because on one hand, I say the coaches arent doing there job and putting an emphasis on the little things.

On the other hand I say I sincerely doubt that Parcells didn't go over every single little detail again and again and these are the same mistakes they were making when he was here.

I think Jerry is going to keep Wade for another year and for the most part I am ok with that because I dont think you can or should keep changing coaches every year but either way we HAVE to bring in someone with more NFL experience to help Garrett learn the ropes. I still have faith in him but he is still green.

My other complaint is that there doesnt seem to be any ownership or accountability on this team for poor play or mistakes, people need to know their jobs are on the line, how can that happen when Wade doesnt have the stones to even bench Henry?

Very good rant. Too bad the prima donna players and the coaches will just shrug their shoulders and do the same thing next week.

:mad::mad::mad:

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Doomsday;2513731 said:

Nice post. I agree that the little things is what wins you ball games. We didnt do them, and we deservedly lost.

There is seriously something wrong in the water in Dallas. The Mavericks, Desperados, Cowboys...they all have the exact same feel to them, and have the same things not go their way.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Excellent list. Bang on. I would add:

2 personal foul penalties. 1 late tackle on a kick-off where we had them like on the 15 and bam they get 15 more (new special teamer/linebacker). James gets the ticky tacky out of bounds push call, for another 15 yards.

2 Hail Mary Passes when there was no need to hail mary. Sand lot hope and a prayer type plays when there was no reason. Romo could have run for 15 yards on 1 play. Why doesn't he do that any more?

The short yardage running calls make no sense whatsoever. There are 5 defenders in backfield before the snap.

The forcing to TO. Austin and Crayton and Bennett seem to get open more consistently, but get few play calls their way (yes not being double covered helps, who cares, open is open - make them the early read).

Our run D on the 2 big runs. Was it just me or were we lined up with our front 3 spread so wide a grandmother could have found a hole? Obvious running play and our front is spread. A 260 pound converted fullback who can't run laterally or to the outside to save his life and we have 5 yard holes between our 2 DE's and our DT? Hello? Both times I think (need to watch again).

Few medium route passing plays. Short or long for most part.

Punt coverage again.

No Scandrick on field often. Hello, he's been awesome, while Henry has always had trouble man covering for long periods as he's bigger and a bit longer in tooth now.

Sigh.

How low have we sunk if we are scared of Phili. Sheesh. This is the same team as last year, should be smarter, more used to O and D, and had a GREAT draft. To me Phili has 2 players. 1 is awesome and consistent, but must feel 1000 years old with the punishment he takes = Westbrook. The other is inconsistent and as far as I'm concerned has 10 times as much experience as Romo failing in big games = McNabb. Jackson is a scary quick rookie. Otherwise, that team shouldn't match up to us.

LarryCanadian

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday;2513731 said:

I simply couldn't believe that. I was YELLING at the TV (as if it would help, I know) for Romo to look over to his left. Williams was clapping loudly and surely shouting for the same thing and Romo just didn't look over....

of course, judging by Romo's accuracy in hitting open receivers last night, I doubt he would have hit Williams even then.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
And sadly, the coaching staff doesn't seem to care about the little things.

Penalties have been an issue with this team for years, but Wade acts like it has little bearing on the team's results.

The cameras show him on the sidelines after a penalty, and he looks like he's mentally making plans for what to do after the game.

ST's screw up all the time, yet you never see Read chewing someone's arse.

Does anyone say ANYTHING to Flo after his mandatory false start or Gurode's often mental gaffes with the snap count?

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
As far as the fake FG...Wade must have not got the memo that kickers don't miss against us, so overloading one side for a block is futile...I thought that fake FG was ahuge play in the game..:bang2: