My Realistic and Very Possible Wish List..

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I know everyone thinks Coleman is coming, but I dont think he is...listening to JJT and others its apparent the coaching staff is concerned with his off field issues...add to that the fact that he didnt play well at FS last yr anyway, and I think we're going in another direction (draft)...doesnt seem anyone else wants Coleman either

would love to see us sign Josh Brown, but remember he is a RFA and the Seahawks can match any offer if they choose...that means we have to structure a deal that isnt going to be cheap to get Seattle to not match...we've already seen they dont want to pay real $$$ for a kicker because they didnt get Longwell...Vinateri is a pipe dream I think

I think because of Peterson's agents, injury and history of wanting ridiculous contracts he wont be signed either...would be a nice add, but I dont think we're going to break the bank for him...he may end up resigning with SF

David

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Anyone think of any type of poison pill that Dallas could put in Josh Brown's contract?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967 said:
I know everyone thinks Coleman is coming, but I dont think he is...listening to JJT and others its apparent the coaching staff is concerned with his off field issues...add to that the fact that he didnt play well at FS last yr anyway, and I think we're going in another direction (draft)...doesnt seem anyone else wants Coleman either

would love to see us sign Josh Brown, but remember he is a RFA and the Seahawks can match any offer if they choose...that means we have to structure a deal that isnt going to be cheap to get Seattle to not match...we've already seen they dont want to pay real $$$ for a kicker because they didnt get Longwell...Vinateri is a pipe dream I think

I think because of Peterson's agents, injury and history of wanting ridiculous contracts he wont be signed either...would be a nice add, but I dont think we're going to break the bank for him...he may end up resigning with SF

David

I agree.

I see 7 holes at this point:

Starting FS
Starting OLB
Backup NT
Developmental WR
Starting FB
Developmental O-lineman IF Allen is cut
Kicker

I would like to see at least 2 of those holes filled before the draft.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Natedawg44 said:
Anyone think of any type of poison pill that Dallas could put in Josh Brown's contract?

It's easy... just frontload the contract for this year.

SouthernStar

Reaction score
We really don't want to "restructure" Allen's contract (since that would move some of his money back into the furture where it would hurt us after he leaves.
Want we want to do is just get him to agree to a pay cut.
I think that Jerry is going about it the right way. First, get some more linemen so that Larry will see that we CAN play without him. Then, if he doesn't agree, CUT him altogether.
As long as Larry sees us as not having much, he'll "hold off" agreeeing to a pay cut.
I don't see Larry as being that valuable anymore. It takes awhile to get your line playing together. Let's get the folks together that will BE HERE for the next 2 or 3 years. Larry isn't one of those.....