My reflections on NFL Network Dallas Cowboys day

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
first of all, i have to thank my buddy for inviting me over, since i don't have the channel.

what a day.

6 of the best hours i ever spent in front of a tv.

the emmitt smith portions....so much emotion. i cried like 6 times. the hug w/ moose when he broke the record and when he talks about sweetness coming to visit him....gets me everytime.

i really enjoyed all the stuff about him breaking the record b/c i was at that game. i literally get goose bumps whenever i see highlights. it's amazing to me that for years they will show highlights of that game, and i can always say...."I WAS THERE THE DAY EMMITT BROKE THE RECORD." that my friends, is priceless.

he is eveything that i am proud of when it comes to the cowboys. i have so much love, respect, and admiration for that man. always and forever.

my favorite quote....

irvin - what a great move, man
emmitt - you saw that move?
irvin - yea
emmitt- you should have been blocking! :lmao2: classic!

favorite old time moment....the security guard in minnesota kicking d.p. while on the ground and out of bounds....wow. i mean, it sucks, but it's amazing to see that!

all those old highlights were such a treat. i always love seeing them, b/c i'm not a part of that generation, but i love history, and i love D.C. history, and i recognize its importance, so i always try and learn everything i can. that was awesome.

the jimmy johnson segment....what i loved most was how much swaggger he had. wow.

the 2 game highlights....that chiefs game really was incredible. fujita....what a play!

and of course philly....the best part of that was seeing the players (not just the fans) so smug on the sidelines, and then having it all come crumbling down. nothing brings me joy like ea-girls heartbreak.

someone should tell brad sham that "it ain't over till it's over" though!!!!!!
i mean, come on....if our broadcasters don't believe....how can we????
and it happened twice! in that game and in the Commanders game from the 70's, with waters saying "you gotta believe brad!"

now i will settle in for the S.B. highlights. true, we've all seen them before....but my oh my....it never gets old.

what a day of tv.

the only way i can end this is....i'm so glad to be a cowboys fan, and i can't wait for this year. we're taking it back, baby!

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!! :starspin

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. My wife isn't to happy, but she will get over it. Nice to watch the Cowboys on Sunday again. Great broadcasting today. We need our own channel. :D All Cowboys all the time. Grab your popcorn.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Anyone downloading everything?

I will be forever grateful. You start a cult I could be your first acolyte.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
first of all, i have to thank my buddy for inviting me over, since i don't have the channel.

what a day.

6 of the best hours i ever spent in front of a tv.

the emmitt smith portions....so much emotion. i cried like 6 times. the hug w/ moose when he broke the record and when he talks about sweetness coming to visit him....gets me everytime.

i really enjoyed all the stuff about him breaking the record b/c i was at that game. i literally get goose bumps whenever i see highlights. it's amazing to me that for years they will show highlights of that game, and i can always say...."I WAS THERE THE DAY EMMITT BROKE THE RECORD." that my friends, is priceless.

he is eveything that i am proud of when it comes to the cowboys. i have so much love, respect, and admiration for that man. always and forever.

my favorite quote....

irvin - what a great move, man
emmitt - you saw that move?
irvin - yea
emmitt- you should have been blocking! :lmao2: classic!

favorite old time moment....the security guard in minnesota kicking d.p. while on the ground and out of bounds....wow. i mean, it sucks, but it's amazing to see that!

all those old highlights were such a treat. i always love seeing them, b/c i'm not a part of that generation, but i love history, and i love D.C. history, and i recognize its importance, so i always try and learn everything i can. that was awesome.

the jimmy johnson segment....what i loved most was how much swaggger he had. wow.

the 2 game highlights....that chiefs game really was incredible. fujita....what a play!

and of course philly....the best part of that was seeing the players (not just the fans) so smug on the sidelines, and then having it all come crumbling down. nothing brings me joy like ea-girls heartbreak.

i mean, come on....if our broadcasters don't believe....how can we????
and it happened twice! in that game and in the Commanders game from the 70's, with waters saying "you gotta believe brad!"

now i will settle in for the S.B. highlights. true, we've all seen them before....but my oh my....it never gets old.

what a day of tv.

the only way i can end this is....i'm so glad to be a cowboys fan, and i can't wait for this year. we're taking it back, baby!

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!! :starspin
I have a bigger man-crush on the guy than you...lol. I even bought the Cardinals McFarlane figure...eww.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
As a quick note Waters will be beside Sham this season on the air to let him know he should believe.

He will also provide top notch real football analysis because he does not believe fans are idiots that just want to know the score.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
he hugged moose when he broke the record...i thought he hugged robert thomas the fb then? was moose off on the side line a la Irvin?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
Actually correct me if I am wrong, but that was Babe Laufenberg who said that and not Sham. Words cannot express how happy I am that Babe is gone from the booth.

I was at that game, as I have bragged ad naseum on this forum, and three quick points:

1) Don't care what anyone says, McNabb seemed 100% to me in that game. He did his classic moonwalk in the endzone, he was active on the sidelines, he even scrambled a few times in the game. How convenient was it that he was hurt on that last throw?

2) I don't think that I have ever been part of anything like the day at that stadium. Going into the 4th quarter the fans were juiced and overconfident, and walking out of that stadium was the most depressed, sorry group of fans imaginable. We really did tear their heart out.

3) When I see the highlights of the game on TV, the thing that always makes me laugh is Roy's reaction when he catches that INT from McNabb. He pauses for a second, looks to the sideline completely bewildered: "Did he really just throw the ball to me?"

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
kowboys 05 said:
he hugged moose when he broke the record...i thought he hugged robert thomas the fb then? was moose off on the side line a la Irvin?

he didn't hug moose till after he scored the td on that drive. it was right after he hugged irvin. both were on the cowboys sideline.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Actually correct me if I am wrong, but that was Babe Laufenberg who said that and not Sham. Words cannot express how happy I am that Babe is gone from the booth.

no, it was brad, b/c babe says 'come on brad,' after the comment.

but nice re-cap of the philly game. easily one of the greatest in boys history.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
kowboys 05 said:

Moose was working the booth that day for the event and left the booth for the sidelines moments before Emmitt's run into history.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
The saddest part of the Emmit show was when Campo came to Emmit on the sideline and told him the OL was blocking bad and that Emmit should get on them.

I think that was your job coach.

ghst187

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
1) Don't care what anyone says, McNabb seemed 100% to me in that game. He did his classic moonwalk in the endzone, he was active on the sidelines, he even scrambled a few times in the game. How convenient was it that he was hurt on that last throw?

I remember thinking the same thing. Madden and jerkstore were talking about how tough Mcnubb was for playing injured and how injured he was and then he scrambles and moonwalks and spikes the ball really hard after a TD.
I remember thinking, he must not really be very injured.
Then he throws the game away and gets "lovetapped" by Bradie J and he quits saying he's too injured.
maybe there's a reason HALF of the eagirl lockerroom sided with TO over Mcnubb....hmmm

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Anyone catch Jevon Kearse on the sideline
- "That was it right there"
" Anyone home? knock knock knock.....no ones answering"

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I agree. My wife isn't to happy, but she will get over it. Nice to watch the Cowboys on Sunday again. Great broadcasting today. We need our own channel. :D All Cowboys all the time. Grab your popcorn.

If you get comcast cable you could get the Dallas cowboys channel. Everything Dallas Cowboys.

Sad to say I have directv with no comcast Dallas Cowboys channel. If Comcast ever decided to get the NFL Sunday Ticket, that's when Directv will go, it'll be like the comcast comercial when people walking like zombies with their dishes in their hands taking it to the trash can.

The bad thing about Directv when a storm comes your signal goes out.

Kilyin

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
If you get comcast cable you could get the Dallas cowboys channel. Everything Dallas Cowboys.

Sad to say I have directv with no comcast Dallas Cowboys channel. If Comcast ever decided to get the NFL Sunday Ticket, that's when Directv will go, it'll be like the comcast comercial when people walking like zombies with their dishes in their hands taking it to the trash can.

The bad thing about Directv when a storm comes your signal goes out.

Yeah, if you live in Dallas. You can't get that channel here.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
Kilyin said:
Yeah, if you live in Dallas. You can't get that channel here.

i thought the dallas cowboys channel was discontinued b/c of the nfl network.

:confused:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Personally, the 92 and 93 season review gets me. Because, unfortunately for me, I became a football/cowboys fan after 93 season. So although I saw the dominant cowboys of 94/95, I never had the pleasure of seeing them grow up together to be dominant. Heck my first football/NFL game to watch was the 92 SB, when I was invited to SB party, and looking at the people, wondering why the heck are they crazy about a game that much :D

BlueStar22

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
i thought the dallas cowboys channel was discontinued b/c of the nfl network.

:confused:
it did but it's still there under Comcast On-Demand. You can usually still get decent content. All press conferences can be watched there and Mick and the other guy still do their Cowboys talk show on there.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Anyone downloading everything?

I will be forever grateful. You start a cult I could be your first acolyte.

I've got all of it recorded on my dishtv dvr system. Now if I could only figure out how to get it onto a couple of DVR discs... I'd send them to you bro

I loved watching those ol games... Seeing Roger, Drew and Tom... can't have a better Sunday than that.

Side note.... I SAW MY FAVORITE TIGHT END!!!!! SEVERAL TIMES... REWIND, WATCH, REWIND, WATCH, REWIND, WATCH... LOOKIN GOOD JAY!! HOW SWEET IT IS!!!