My reflections on NFL Network Dallas Cowboys day

dcdallaschick

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
3) When I see the highlights of the game on TV, the thing that always makes me laugh is Roy's reaction when he catches that INT from McNabb. He pauses for a second, looks to the sideline completely bewildered: "Did he really just throw the ball to me?"

The thing that made me giggle (again) was whichever broadcaster announced "Marion Barber just tripped over the 5 yard line." Just the thing for the self-loathing Cowboys fan in all of us.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan said:
Jay was a great tight end but had the most ungraceful running style.
Charles Haley was a beast.

Jay had the cutiest tight end in a huddle.... What do you think I kept rewinding for...:lmao2:

morasp

Reaction score
"Jimmy Johnson may not have been a great person but he was a great wizard." The special on Jimmy was priceless. He had the whole team knowing that they could beat anyone. I only wish they would have shown Siefert's brass balls response to Jimmy's prediction in the second NFC championship game and the fan's banner when the Cowboys had the game won that said "Yes George they're brass."

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I especially enjoyed watching the stuff from the early 1970's. It's been years since I've seen that film footage. My father and I watched all of those games together .....

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
morasp said:
"Jimmy Johnson may not have been a great person but he was a great wizard." The special on Jimmy was priceless. He had the whole team knowing that they could beat anyone. I only wish they would have shown Siefert's brass balls response to Jimmy's prediction in the second NFC championship game and the fan's banner when the Cowboys had the game won that said "Yes George they're brass."

that's hilarious!

i don't recall that at all!

jcblanco22

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Actually correct me if I am wrong, but that was Babe Laufenberg who said that and not Sham. Words cannot express how happy I am that Babe is gone from the booth.

I was at that game, as I have bragged ad naseum on this forum, and three quick points:

1) Don't care what anyone says, McNabb seemed 100% to me in that game. He did his classic moonwalk in the endzone, he was active on the sidelines, he even scrambled a few times in the game. How convenient was it that he was hurt on that last throw?

2) I don't think that I have ever been part of anything like the day at that stadium. Going into the 4th quarter the fans were juiced and overconfident, and walking out of that stadium was the most depressed, sorry group of fans imaginable. We really did tear their heart out.

3) When I see the highlights of the game on TV, the thing that always makes me laugh is Roy's reaction when he catches that INT from McNabb. He pauses for a second, looks to the sideline completely bewildered: "Did he really just throw the ball to me?"

I'm curious, since I think I saw you write once that you would never attend another Cowboys-Eagles contest in Philly due to the potential for danger: What made you attend this one in particular? Also, was there any aggressiveness from the Eagles fans after such a heartbreaking loss?