My report from the Meadowlands

md2005

Reaction score

General Observations
Cowboy nation was very well reprsented.
Giant Fans hate TO. Selling TO, overduse Tshirts in the parking lot
Giant Fans cant stand ROMO. Through out the whole game they were complaining how good he is. Ultimate compliments if you ask me.

Game time
- Romo bring awesome energy to the team. IMO, this was his best performance considering what was on the line and where it was played.
- Thought Giants played really well, they really earned their yards.
- Beside a couple of runs, we stopped their Running game. I know people are down on Spears but he is part of our SPECIAL run defense. It all starts in the trenches folks
- The Boys are a physical team. I belive we are a Free Safety away from being a really special defense.
- We are really fortunate to have Aron Glenn. It allows us to put Newman in the slot RB or TE.
- When Romo hit Witten, THE STADIUM WAS DEVASTED. Same feeling as 1993 when Emmit willed us with his bum shoulder.
- Watching the team attack Gramatica was PRICELESS. Took me two hours to get out of the parking lot. Enjoyed every minute of it. The Giants fans were DEVASTED.

Over and out

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
md2005;1207285 said:

General Observations
Giant Fans cant stand ROMO. Through out the whole game they were complaining how good he is. Ultimate compliments if you ask me.

Game time
- Romo bring awesome energy to the team. IMO, this was his best performance considering what was on the line and where it was played.
- Beside a couple of runs, we stopped their Running game. I know people are down on Spears but he is part of our SPECIAL run defense. It all starts in the trenches folks
- The Boys are a physical team. I belive we are a Free Safety away from being a really special defense.
- We are really fortunate to have Aron Glenn. It allows us to put Newman in the slot RB or TE.
- When Romo hit Witten, THE STADIUM WAS DEVASTED. Same feeling as 1993 when Emmit willed us with his bum shoulder.
- Watching the team attack Gramatica was PRICELESS. Took me two hours to get out of the parking lot. Enjoyed every minute of it. The Giants fans were DEVASTED.

Over and out

Thanks for sharing.

That one part I put in bold reminds me of a line.

"You know your worth when your enemy praises your architecture of aggression"

We get Giants fans this week and Coach Gruden last week.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Did you notice what Bledsoe was doing throughout the game?
Since they don't show him much on TV anymore, and there are so many on this board that like to trash him. Tell us what he was doing during the game.

Unforgiven

Reaction score
Another thing about Grammatica, he seems like a likeable guy. Not a Vanderjerk. The players already seem to really like this guy genuinely. I just got the idea that the only player that liked, or even talked to, Vanderjerk was Owens.

This move might turn out to be huge in the end.

LD Fan

Reaction score
md2005;1207285 said:

General Observations

Thanks for the post. I might be mistaken but I mentioned to my 2 boys right after the Witten catch that it sounded like there were a lot of Boys fans there. I wish I had Tivo'd it, but it sounded like a lot of cheering for the visitors. It was great. We expect in AZ and other places but surprised me in NY.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
md2005;1207285 said:

General Observations

Game time

Over and out

Great recap! I was thinking this past summer of making this game my road trip, but didn't. Glad we won and you had a greate time.

ndanger

Reaction score
Unforgiven;1207671 said:
Another thing about Grammatica, he seems like a likeable guy. Not a Vanderjerk. The players already seem to really like this guy genuinely. I just got the idea that the only player that liked, or even talked to, Vanderjerk was Owens.

This move might turn out to be huge in the end.

Bill Parcells downplayed the chemistry of Vanderboy and the rest of the team to a point where I almost believe that it did in fact have an impact on his decision to cut him.I don't think Vanderboy would have received quite the congratulatory celebrating had he been the one to make a game winning kick,unless you count TO giving him a big high five while everyone else is gasping for their collective breath.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
md2005;1207285 said:

General Observations

Game time

Over and out

Great report. I've had some similar experiences at the Vet. Like when Emmitt broke off that 60 plus yard run to ice the game. THE STADIUM WAS DEVASTATED then to. As a Cowboy fan having to listen to all the **** that you get in that setting, its a great feeling!
LOL on the traffic.:lmao2: It is the only traffic you actually enjoy.
Did you have fun looking at the miserable faces of you fellow commuters!

md2005

Reaction score
panchucko;1207656 said:
Did you notice what Bledsoe was doing throughout the game?
Since they don't show him much on TV anymore, and there are so many on this board that like to trash him. Tell us what he was doing during the game.

I watched the Boys warm up and Bledsoe and Romo were spending time chatting and playing catch. Overall, I think DB is a pro and had his ego bruised but hes a big boy and gets it. Solid guy if you ask me.

The one thing that did concern me is JJ's reaction when the final FG was hit. He just pumped his fist and ran off the field. He didnt join in on the fun. I think Barbers emergence has mentally destroyed JJ. Just my thoughts but I think JJ is no long for this franchise.

md2005

Reaction score
sonnyboy;1208128 said:
Great report. I've had some similar experiences at the Vet. Like when Emmitt broke off that 60 plus yard run to ice the game. THE STADIUM WAS DEVASTATED then to. As a Cowboy fan having to listen to all the **** that you get in that setting, its a great feeling!
LOL on the traffic.:lmao2: It is the only traffic you actually enjoy.
Did you have fun looking at the miserable faces of you fellow commuters!

The were a couple of fans that were busting up their barbacues. Keep in mind they were hitting the booze heavy all day with the late start. Lots of angry fans in there. I just sat in my car and listed to the post game show. Two hours in traffice was pretty enjoyable.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
md2005;1207285 said:
Took me two hours to get out of the parking lot. Enjoyed every minute of it. The Giants fans were DEVASTED.

Over and out

I bet you were smiling the entire 2 hours also...:bow:
Thanks for the info.