My report of TO's camp (long)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I did a camp in El Paso one time and it was July and about 105. I ate Taco Bell for lunch. Bad, bad, bad mistake. I can relate to what you are saying here.

Taco Bell in cool weather isn't any better

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
So, did you ask Z. Smith if he's getting surgery ? Out for the year ?

Ashwynn

Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
Yeah, I mean I'm glad TO did this camp and is trying to give back. I commend the effort, but he just didn't seem sincere and that really wasn't the reason I wanted to go.

I'm really not trying to bash him or anything, because as I see it he gave kids a memory to last a lifetime, and part of the proceeds to alzeimers so its all good. Sincere being the key word.

I enjoyed meeting Crockett, Brown, and Smith more than TO. And I might of been one of the few who knew who they were. Because you could talk to them and ask useful questions without being surrounded by a swarm of people.
Wow, you sure your 17. Thats a very mature attitude for someone so young. Your parents did a great job I can tell.

Glad you had a great time and everytime I drive by Texas Stadium, I too still get a little excited.

Good report.

aikemirv

Reaction score
So, in essence this was not a T.O. football camp but just a public appearence by T.O.

I did not realize thats all his name was on it for.

So, exactly how was he giving back to the community, did he sponsor it or something?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Excellent report! So, are you a wide receiver? You caught everything thrown to you? Good work...!

For you...

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I did a camp in El Paso one time and it was July and about 105. I ate Taco Bell for lunch. Bad, bad, bad mistake. I can relate to what you are saying here.

... all I can say is :puke:

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Wow, you sure your 17. Thats a very mature attitude for someone so young. Your parents did a great job I can tell.

Glad you had a great time and everytime I drive by Texas Stadium, I too still get a little excited.

Good report.

...to be cautious here.

This was an excellent thought on behalf of all the forum members and we got to enjoy some personalized reports that in some ways are more interesting than much of what we have read in the media.

I thought this was great!

As for our opinions of T.O. there may have been some who may have been some hoping to see T.O. as the second coming of Jerry Lewis in his enthusiasm for working with kids, but let's be honest here.

There's alot of variables. Timing, T.O. himself, his prior experience in camps like this, his comfort level with children and the fact that he dropped into the camp at a progressive stage instead of being there right from the morning.

Hearing some of the reports from Rosenhaus' conversations to chatter with ex-NFL players coupled with the odd picture makes this worth it in my opinion.

Hopefully the guys who went to the camp enjoyed themselves and learned something they can take back to their own teams.

I wish my boys would get a chance at a camp like this.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Jarv said:
So, did you ask Z. Smith if he's getting surgery ? Out for the year ?

I talked with Zuriel about it. He said he was going to get his knee scoped but he would be ready in time for training camp.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:

Good report.

:hammer:

I enjoyed the report and well thought out opinions too. Well I guess I might be biased against TO, but thats just me.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
aikemirv said:
So, in essence this was not a T.O. football camp but just a public appearence by T.O.

I did not realize thats all his name was on it for.

So, exactly how was he giving back to the community, did he sponsor it or something?

All the proceeds were going to his charity foundation

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
All the proceeds were going to his charity foundation

george_costanza003.jpg

"Would you like to make a donation to the Human Fund?"

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
george_costanza003.jpg

"Would you like to make a donation to the Human Fund?"

:laugh2:

But I do think Owens' interest in Alzheimer's is legitimate. He has been pretty loyal to the cause.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Alexander said:
:laugh2:

But I do think Owens' interest in Alzheimer's is legitimate. He has been pretty loyal to the cause.

Owens grandmother is stricken with Alzheimers, he has been giving money to the organization his entire career.

felix360

Reaction score
Hostile said:

damn hos, u were in here in El paso and u had Taco Bell, ***, u should have gone to Chicos or LA Choza for some real mexican food, hell next time ur here give me a hollar and i'll show some real mexican food, taco bell and 105 degrees lolol not a very good idea.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
felix360 said:
damn hos, u were in here in El paso and u had Taco Bell, ***, u should have gone to Chicos or LA Choza for some real mexican food, hell next time ur here give me a hollar and i'll show some real mexican food, taco bell and 105 degrees lolol not a very good idea.
Dude that was the late 1970's and the Taco Bell was down the street from Ysleta where the camp was held. I wasn't the only one who ate there, nor the only one who regretted it. For the record, I don't like Taco Bell, and wouldn't eat their food unless I had to. I was born in Las Cruces, so I know a few good places. Haven't tried those 2 though.

Nav22

Reaction score
He said he took the time to autograph them all but they were all printed sheets with a fake name, so he basically lied.
I guess I'm the only one who found this HILARIOUS! :lmao2: Sounds like some crap George Costanza would try to pull.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Nav22 said:
I guess I'm the only one who found this HILARIOUS! :lmao2: Sounds like some crap George Costanza would try to pull.

All of the merchandise TO gave away had a small red dot on it. I also heard that he got in trouble for sleeping with the cleaning lady at the facilities.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sounds awesome!

I grew up with Ray Crockett.

His older brother worked for my dad for a while.
He left the area(pleasant grove) and moved out to Duncanville to play football in high school but was always extremely fast and extremely small. His older brother was like 6'2" and about 230.