My Revamped Offseason Wish List

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
1. Tyler Eifert TE Would love to add this guy even though Jason Qwitten has come back. Really want to see what a big, athletic TE would allow Dak to do in the middle of the field. I am completely on board making this the number one priority in free agency. 2 yrs 5-8 mill per
2. Danny Shelton DT Big massive run plugger who would allow LVE and Jaylon to flow free to the ball. True space eater who can colapse the pocket a little too. 2-3 yrs 5 mill per
3. Eric Berry Safety Perfect fit without having to spend the huge contract that ET would have cost. We have 2 very good, very underrated safeties in Woods and Heath so adding someone who might need some time off to get geared up towards a big game or a playoff run really makes sense here. 1-2 yrs 5-8 mill per with incentives
4. Tavon Austin WR Really need to keep this guy. You could put him in the slot, put him on the outside (let Cooper work the slot, aka Larry Fitz), line him up in the backfield, motion him, return game, the guy can do it all and should be retained. 2yrs 3-5 mill per
5. Rod Smith RB Very good backup running back who can run, catch and block. Very underrated backup who can step in for a little time and fill in for one of the leagues best RBs. Not so sure why so many want him gone, yes I would like a little scat back but that can be found in the draft in rounds 4 on. Resigning him could also have a little impact on Jaylons future contract. Think about this, you don't think Jaylon would sign for 1-2 mill less a season to stay with the team who took a chance on him in the draft and took care of his big brother. 2 yrs 2 mill per
6. Kevin White WR I like the idea of adding an underachieving former high first round pick. Someone who we can reap the benefits of. 6ft 3in 4.35 wideout would give Dak a big target and would be the perfect guy to challenge someone like Gallup. Cooper, Gallup, Austin, White, Smith, Brown, Wilson sounds really good to me. 1yr 2 mill incentive deal

QB, RB, WR, TE, OL set
LB, CB, S set
concentrate on the Defensive line in the draft. first two picks could go Dline and add 3rd running back in the later rounds. Signing those above would allow you to be well covered before the draft. Not too worried about opposite D Law as I think Taco just needs playing time and very good chance Gregory repeats last season as far as any suspensions.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
One and five I am OK without having. Jesse James would have been good or even Cook at TE. But I know 2 is out of the question even though we really need a space eater just for what you said.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Respect the effort, time and details in the list.

I also could see some of those guys as the type they might like... Higher picks that did not pan out but might be worth a chance elsewhere ala WR White.

With that said... That list sure does contain a lot of missed games over the last few years due to injuries. That has to give you pause. It might be one thing if it would be just one player but there are three at least that have missed a good deal of time the last couple of years due to injuries.

To be fair though... That is why they are available and probably for price that the Cowboys might be willing to pay.

DanA

Reaction score
Give me Berry and Suh on short-term contracts along with Lawrence re-signed and I'd be happy as a pig in ****. Don't see it happening though, we're not signing anybody noteworthy, at this point in time just getting Lawrence back would be a positive in my eyes .

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
4. Tavon Austin WR Really need to keep this guy. You could put him in the slot, put him on the outside (let Cooper work the slot, aka Larry Fitz), line him up in the backfield, motion him, return game, the guy can do it all and should be retained. 2yrs 3-5 mill per

I'd like to keep Austin too. I think he's a great complement to our run offense. Jet sweeps for run misdirection, great speed to keep safeties out of the box. And per touch, he was very productive for us.

I'm encouraged hearing that they plan on running Olawale more.

People are moaning over Austin's health, but last year was the exception, not the rule. Most years he played and played and played, getting a significant number of touches.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It's clear we aren't paying big for outside FA's so, for offense, what about TJ Yeldon and \ or Ty Montgomery? Could give us some versatility in the running & receiving game. I know Montgomery has done returns. Was thinking Yeldon had in the past as well. We definitely need some improvement in that area as well. Thoughts?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Tyler Eifert TE Would love to add this guy even though Jason Qwitten has come back. Really want to see what a big, athletic TE would allow Dak to do in the middle of the field. I am completely on board making this the number one priority in free agency. 2 yrs 5-8 mill per
2. Danny Shelton DT Big massive run plugger who would allow LVE and Jaylon to flow free to the ball. True space eater who can colapse the pocket a little too. 2-3 yrs 5 mill per
3. Eric Berry Safety Perfect fit without having to spend the huge contract that ET would have cost. We have 2 very good, very underrated safeties in Woods and Heath so adding someone who might need some time off to get geared up towards a big game or a playoff run really makes sense here. 1-2 yrs 5-8 mill per with incentives
5. Rod Smith RB Very good backup running back who can run, catch and block. Very underrated backup who can step in for a little time and fill in for one of the leagues best RBs. Not so sure why so many want him gone, yes I would like a little scat back but that can be found in the draft in rounds 4 on. Resigning him could also have a little impact on Jaylons future contract. Think about this, you don't think Jaylon would sign for 1-2 mill less a season to stay with the team who took a chance on him in the draft and took care of his big brother. 2 yrs 2 mill per
6. Kevin White WR I like the idea of adding an underachieving former high first round pick. Someone who we can reap the benefits of. 6ft 3in 4.35 wideout would give Dak a big target and would be the perfect guy to challenge someone like Gallup. Cooper, Gallup, Austin, White, Smith, Brown, Wilson sounds really good to me. 1yr 2 mill incentive deal

QB, RB, WR, TE, OL set
LB, CB, S set
concentrate on the Defensive line in the draft. first two picks could go Dline and add 3rd running back in the later rounds. Signing those above would allow you to be well covered before the draft. Not too worried about opposite D Law as I think Taco just needs playing time and very good chance Gregory repeats last season as far as any suspensions.

AggravatingAlarmedAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
Heath is not an underrated S. He's a backup, special teams type S. Good to have on a team as long as he plays his role.

There are names out there like Iloka and Geathers and maybe Clinton-Dix that would be immediate and clear upgrades on him.

If Berry can play, he would be the top of my list but I worry he can't anymore so I might rather go with a cheaper option like an Iloka, who will be cheaper and better than Heath and I have a better chance he'll remain healthy all season. I mean if you could Berry for a million bucks with incentives, sure, but I think I'd rather spend $3MM on Iloka than $6-7MM on Berry, for example.

So give me Iloka, Geathers or Clinton-Dix (he probably will be too pricey), Shelton, Austin and Eifert off your list and I'll take it.

I'd also like to swing a DE in there like Houston or Ansah but those guys' price tags will make Stephen curl up in a corner sucking his thumb.

Reaction score
A more realistic list is S Andrew Sendejo, DT Darius Philon, and WR Tavon Austin. We will barely do something like that before the draft.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Looks like we all have to revamp are off season hopes so here goes. Trying to gauge where best to get guys that can help to make the draft not so much of a need.

1. Resign Demarcus Lawrence SOON. This helps the DL and allows for not having to look for a DE immediately.

2. Trade our 4th round comp pick to Cleveland for Ogbah DE and Johnson RB. With Gregory out for who knows how long, gives us a backup rotation player in a system he would be better suited. Johnson gives you a RB who is best at running in a zone scheme which is what the Cowboys run. Both players where on Dallas' radar when they were drafted so we should know plenty about both. Cleveland is trying to unload both of them for cap purposes and because they have signed free agents at those spots. Is a 4th not enough, good question although the longer it drags out then they either release them or take less. Worth the shot.

3. Tyler Eifert TE would be a nice addition. Runs the seam very well, great hands, willing blocker and heady veteran. Injuries have hurt him so maybe an incentives laden contract would be best for him and the Cowboys. It would improve the TE corp without having to draft a guy until late day three or UDFA guy. Great red zone target also and with two TE sets with Witten would give Dak nice targets.

4. Adrian Phillips or Ha-Ha Clinton Dix are both safeties that at least to me are better box safety types than free safety. Both have good speed and can cover the TE well. Would leave Woods at FS full time. Does prevent drafting a safety although doesn't make it a huge need either. As free agency goes on, either could be a less expensive option.

5. Suh or Darius Philon are DTs that could help the DL at the right price. If both are available near the end of the 2nd week of free agency, either could be a nice one/two year addition at a good price. Either would be nice rotation pieces to the DL probably at the DT1 spot. Danny Shelton or Malcolm Brown could also be in the mix at the right price. We should be able to get one of these guys.

I just look at these as helping the team and definitely allowing the BPA in the draft. Other than Lawrence's contract, none of these are going to be high $$ guys after this week so they could fall into Dallas' price range for help.

Sydla

Reaction score
Looks like we all have to revamp are off season hopes so here goes. Trying to gauge where best to get guys that can help to make the draft not so much of a need.

1. Resign Demarcus Lawrence SOON. This helps the DL and allows for not having to look for a DE immediately.

2. Trade our 4th round comp pick to Cleveland for Ogbah DE and Johnson RB. With Gregory out for who knows how long, gives us a backup rotation player in a system he would be better suited. Johnson gives you a RB who is best at running in a zone scheme which is what the Cowboys run. Both players where on Dallas' radar when they were drafted so we should know plenty about both. Cleveland is trying to unload both of them for cap purposes and because they have signed free agents at those spots. Is a 4th not enough, good question although the longer it drags out then they either release them or take less. Worth the shot.

3. Tyler Eifert TE would be a nice addition. Runs the seam very well, great hands, willing blocker and heady veteran. Injuries have hurt him so maybe an incentives laden contract would be best for him and the Cowboys. It would improve the TE corp without having to draft a guy until late day three or UDFA guy. Great red zone target also and with two TE sets with Witten would give Dak nice targets.

4. Adrian Phillips or Ha-Ha Clinton Dix are both safeties that at least to me are better box safety types than free safety. Both have good speed and can cover the TE well. Would leave Woods at FS full time. Does prevent drafting a safety although doesn't make it a huge need either. As free agency goes on, either could be a less expensive option.

5. Suh or Darius Philon are DTs that could help the DL at the right price. If both are available near the end of the 2nd week of free agency, either could be a nice one/two year addition at a good price. Either would be nice rotation pieces to the DL probably at the DT1 spot. Danny Shelton or Malcolm Brown could also be in the mix at the right price. We should be able to get one of these guys.

I just look at these as helping the team and definitely allowing the BPA in the draft. Other than Lawrence's contract, none of these are going to be high $$ guys after this week so they could fall into Dallas' price range for help.

Given where we are, not bad but I doubt you get both Ogbah AND Johnson for a 4th round pick.

Iloka is another name I would look at when it comes to S. He'd be a good fit with what Richard wants to do with his safeties.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Out Side FA
Danny Shelton DT (or draft)
Adrian Phillips S
Ziggy or Barrett DE

Resign
Lawrence
Austin