My REVISED MOCK w/ one TRADE!

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Trade our #28 and our 3rd and 5th rounder for the Falcons two 2nd rounders #37 and #48, it works out to 820 points we're giving up and getting back 950 in points, but that's what usually happens, teams moving up usually pay a little more and the trade value chart is just a rough example and never are trades EXACT in points!

For this mock I'm assuming the top 4 corners are off the board DRC/McKelvin/Jenkins/Talib!
So IMO no other corner is worth the 22nd pick (I'd be SHOCKED if Cason goes in round 1 after running above 4.5)

#22: W.R. Malcolm Kelly/James Hardy

We NEED to get another W.R. and need to get one NOW so that in another year or two he can be ready to take over as the #1 W.R., giving Romo more weapons is NEVER a bad thing!

#37 round 2: R.B. Felix Jones
Would be good value to get Jones at this point, some people want Charles or Johnson,I do too, but that's at the end of round 2, I think if people knew or thought Jones would be there at the end of round 2, they would take him over Johnson and Charles, but if you wanna substitute in one of the other guys here, go for it, I'm pickign Jones since it's my draft. :)

#48 W.R. Mario Manningham

Yes, I'm going W.R./R.B. then W.R. again!
Manningham was ranked about #20 overall till he ran his 40, but make no mistake he's got football speed and is a deep threat regardless of his 40 time.
AGAIN, I'm going by value and if he's here, would be GREAT VALUE!!!!!!
Talk about giving our offense weapons, we add our BIG GUY #1 W.R. of the future in Malcolm Kelly and now add our slot speed guy in Manningham also, we now have ALL our skill players on offense locked up for Romo's career once we resign Barber!

#59 our 2nd rounder: C.B. Charles Godfrey

We all know we need a C.B. and Godfrey being 6'-1 212 and running a 4.4 has tons of upside!

Gave up our 3rd rounder to Atlanta!

4th rounder C.B. Zach Bowman, Boom or Bust, and if he booms he's be a HUGE addition, multiple knee injuries slides him down the draft board, but he ran a 4.38 in the 40 at the combine and appears to be healthy, was rated a 1st rounder before injuries and could be the steal of the draft in round 4.

5th Gave up to Atlanta!

6th C./G. Fernando Velasco 6'-4 328 who plays center and guard, great backup we MUST HAVE for next year!

7th C.B. Jake Ikegwounu (take a flyer on a guy who will miss all of 08' season) put him on IR and see what he's got the folliwng year when we will probably need another corner with Henry most likely gone, besides most of our roster is already set in stone and I don't think a 7th rounder has a shot in hell at making our team anyway!

So here's our HAUL!

W.R. Malcolm Kelly
R.B. Felix Jones
W.R. Mario Manningham
C.B. Charles Godfrey
C.B. Zach Bowman
C./G. Fernando Velasco
C.B. Jake Ikegwounu

Gives us TWO good corners we need, and a 3rd we put in IR for a year who should of been a 1st rounder if not for his injury, we get the backup C./G. that we are gonna need, and of course we add not ONE, not TWO, but THREE "WOW" players on offense!
We'd have ALL our offensive skill position players in place for Romo's entire career, so for the next 7 years, all we need to do in the draft and F/A is add O-lineman and DEFENSE!

Thoughts?
I'd absolutely LOVE if the draft fell like this, it would make our offense UNSTOPPABLE, give us two good corners we need, and we'd be SET on offense for Romo's entire career other than a few O-lineman here and there!
Go ahead, pick it apart or say it with me, HOLY SH#T, I'd do backflips for WEEKS if the draft went like this!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
that might be good for the patriots but not us. we have a huge need for cornerbacks right now.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;1981343 said:
that might be good for the patriots but not us. we have a huge need for cornerbacks right now.

Huge need?
We have Newman and Henry as our starters!
PLUS I have us taking TWO VERY GOOD CORNERS in Charles Godfrey and Zach Bowman, or did you not see that?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
3 Wow players on offense your right

Mario Manningham wow he can't get any seperation
Felix Jones wow he can't pass block or run in between the tackles wow he just got ran over by a DB.
Malcolm Kelly/ James Hardy are wow players.

zach bowman in the 4th is way 2 high and Charles godfrey is the only decent pick and predicting trades is pointless.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
3 Wow players on offense your right

Mario Manningham wow he can't get any seperation

:lmao: Manningham can't get separation????????
I knew you were CLUELESS about draftees from talkin to you before, but this takes the cake, Manningham can't get seperation! LOL
OH, you must be looknig at his combine 40 time and making ASSUMPTIONS! LOL
Typical since you want us to take Johnson with our #22 pick because he ran fast at tyhe combines! LOL
Manningham is a deep threat and would be a great slot guy for us for years!

Felix Jones wow he can't pass block or run in between the tackles wow he just got ran over by a DB.

LOL!
Yeah and JOHNSON can block great and is an inside runner too right?
Jones is what he is, he's a HOMERUN threat who can also improve our return game, and IF YOU COMPREHENDED my post, you'll see where I said if you dont' like Jones, you can simply insert Jamaal Charles or your BOY Johnson!

Malcolm Kelly/ James Hardy are wow players.

Well at least we finally agree!

zach bowman in the 4th is way 2 high and Charles godfrey is the only decent pick and predicting trades is pointless.

WAY TOO HIGH??????????
He should of been a 1st rounder if he didn't have injury concerns, but since running great at the combines, round 4 is a STEAL for Bowman!
Godfrey has got the triangular numbers you want in a C.B., height/weight/speed and is a very good corner!
You say predicting trades is pointless, well then SO IS ALL OUR MOCK DRAFTS, DUH! LOL

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;1981353 said:
Huge need?
We have Newman and Henry as our starters!
PLUS I have us taking TWO VERY GOOD CORNERS in Charles Godfrey and Zach Bowman, or did you not see that?
newman will be 30 and got hurt last year. henry is slow and 32 and has gotten hurt every year he's been a cowboy. "two very good corners" is a bit of a reach on that one

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
newman will be 30 and got hurt last year.

Newman will sign a 5 year deal this year, so that should have one spot settled, him getting hurt and being 30 has nothing to do with anything!

henry is slow and 32 and has gotten hurt every year he's been a cowboy.

I agree, which is why I have us drafting 2 C.B.'s so that if one of the startes goes down we STILL have a capable 3rd C.B.!

"two very good corners" is a bit of a reach on that one
If you think calling Godfrey and Bowman two very good corners is a reach, then I don't think you know them very well!

Did I sacrifice a little by not getting one of the ELITE corners, sure, but I mmore than made up for that by getting Romo two more weapons in Kelly and Manningham, not to mention a homerun threat to spell Barber, I think that offsets not getting one of the elite corners, BESIDES, like I said, this is ASSUMING the top 4 corners are OFF THE BOARD when we pick, so if that's the case, there's nothing we CAN DO but pick guys like Godfrey and Bowman later in the draft unless we wanna REACH for another C.B. with one of our earlier picks!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rampage;1981469 said:
newman will be 30 and got hurt last year. henry is slow and 32 and has gotten hurt every year he's been a cowboy. "two very good corners" is a bit of a reach on that one

Football players get hurt, Newman is in his prime right now.

Henry was playing at a pro bowl level before he got hurt, or are we so quick to forget?

I would say we have two good corners as well, I don't think that's a stretch. The problem is what's behind them.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
:lmao: Manningham can't get separation????????
I knew you were CLUELESS about draftees from talkin to you before, but this takes the cake, Manningham can't get seperation! LOL
OH, you must be looknig at his combine 40 time and making ASSUMPTIONS! LOL
Typical since you want us to take Johnson with our #22 pick because he ran fast at tyhe combines! LOL
Manningham is a deep threat and would be a great slot guy for us for years!

hmm lets see Manningham can get open against college CB that will more than likely not be in the nfl i don't see how he is going to be a deep threat in the NFL with the 40 time he put up last i checked a 4.59 was cutting as a deep threat combo that with his size i doubt he could get off the line.

LOL!
Yeah and JOHNSON can block great and is an inside runner too right?
Jones is what he is, he's a HOMERUN threat who can also improve our return game, and IF YOU COMPREHENDED my post, you'll see where I said if you dont' like Jones, you can simply insert Jamaal Charles or your BOY Johnson!

Yes johnson can run in the middle his blocking may be a lil suspect but atleast he could put up some weight 8 reps of 225 is pathetic.

Well at least we finally agree!

lol stranger things have happened =)

WAY TOO HIGH??????????
He should of been a 1st rounder if he didn't have injury concerns, but since running great at the combines, round 4 is a STEAL for Bowman!
Godfrey has got the triangular numbers you want in a C.B., height/weight/speed and is a very good corner!
You say predicting trades is pointless, well then SO IS ALL OUR MOCK DRAFTS, DUH! LOL

Round 4 isn't a steal for bowman he hasn't played since 2005 Alamo bowl can off 2 serious knee injuries had a good combine but thats about it. He is in the same boat as Jake Ikegwonou. I think its more reasonable for us to consider our teams needs and then consider players we expect to be taken as opposed to trades with x team for x picks which is based on to much speculation

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
hmm lets see Manningham can get open against college CB that will more than likely not be in the nfl i don't see how he is going to be a deep threat in the NFL with the 40 time he put up last i checked a 4.59 was cutting as a deep threat combo that with his size i doubt he could get off the line.

Yeah, typical COMBINE GUY ONLY when looking at prospects, he has FOOTBALL SPEED and is a deep threat REGARDLESS of his 40 time!
I guess a W.R. who runs a 4.78 would REALLY suck in the NFL like Anquan Boldin, or a guy with 4.6 speed like Michael Irvin would NEVER get behind NFL C.B.'s, or Jerry Rice running a 4.7 could NEVER outrun an NFL D.B. right?
Combine numbers are just that, COMBINE SPEED!
Running in a STRAIGHT LINE, straightline speed WITHOUT PADS or having to make moves while running full speed, etc., Manningham IS a deep threat whether you would like to believe if or not, AND about Felix Jones, I can't believe I have to repeat this 3 times now, I SAID if you don't like Jones, simply INSERT your boy Johnson!

As far as trades to make it more realistic, it's for FUN, and it's just a what if and once again, for FUN to try and think up secnario's proir to the draft, EVEN if I just took our draft picks from where they are, that's POINTLESS ALSO then I guess, so there's no point in ANY of us doing a MOCK then, right?
We do a MOCK because it's FUN and we like to project where we see each player we INDIVIDUALLY LIKE going in what rounds and what not, and it gives us an IDEA of which players shoudl be available when we select in each round, which gives us something to root for hoping a player falls to us on draft day, etc.!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The thing that irks me about the draft is values and points. This guy ain't worthy of the 28th pick, he should be drafted at the top of the 2nd:bang2::bang2::bang2:

This guy, that guy, this other guy.......

BPA in your need that you deem worthy is who you should get, even if it's a "REACH" BY 5 PICKS......

/RANT OFF....:beer1:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Manningham may run a 4.59, but no way in hell could you tell that by watching him on film

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;1981587 said:
Yeah, typical COMBINE GUY ONLY when looking at prospects, he has FOOTBALL SPEED and is a deep threat REGARDLESS of his 40 time!
I guess a W.R. who runs a 4.78 would REALLY suck in the NFL like Anquan Boldin, or a guy with 4.6 speed like Michael Irvin would NEVER get behind NFL C.B.'s, or Jerry Rice running a 4.7 could NEVER outrun an NFL D.B. right?
Combine numbers are just that, COMBINE SPEED!
Running in a STRAIGHT LINE, straightline speed WITHOUT PADS or having to make moves while running full speed, etc., Manningham IS a deep threat whether you would like to believe if or not, AND about Felix Jones, I can't believe I have to repeat this 3 times now, I SAID if you don't like Jones, simply INSERT your boy Johnson!

last i checked Boldin Rice or IRvin weren't deep threats.
Manningham may run a 4.59, but no way in hell could you tell that by watching him on film

yea thats true but you have to wonder how he will adjust he's not going to be beating corners like that and they are faster

starfrombirth

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1981854 said:

yea thats true but you have to wonder how he will adjust he's not going to be beating corners like that and they are faster

Really? Have you checked the touchdown numbers on those guys? Cause last I checked 2 were hall of famers and the other (Boldin) has been in the top 4 in yards, td's, and yards per catch since he came in the league. Hmmm.....

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
for now, i will stick with the mock in my sig.........

once the smoke settles from FA signings, around the end of March, I will revise my mock for the stretch run to the draft.

I actually would like to trade our 28 for a 2nd and 3rd, but I do not see us being able to pull that one off. If we could, even better.

Also, if Ayodele is not happy about the signing of Thomas.....I would not be upset if we allowed him to seek other options, as long as we got some compensation for him.....preferably a 4th, but I would not cringe at a 5th.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
starfrombirth;1982011 said:
Really? Have you checked the touchdown numbers on those guys? Cause last I checked 2 were hall of famers and the other (Boldin) has been in the top 4 in yards, td's, and yards per catch since he came in the league. Hmmm.....

So if your the D coodinator your going to tell your corners to play back since they might blow past you? Jerry Rice and Irvin had great hands and ran amazing routes and also had HoF QB's throwing to them.

DocFord

Reaction score
This mock is not terrible, and I wouldn't be too upset with those guys, but there's no way Kelly is still there at 22, and I dont see anyway Manningham is there as late as you have us getting him either.

And I really think we need a CB in the first.

I would love to get Kelly, but I think the fact that there are this many good CB's is just too good to pass up a chance to get a decent guy without having to move up or suck one year to get a good pick.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
BPA in your need that you deem worthy is who you should get, even if it's a "REACH" BY 5 PICKS......

That's what teams DO though, what we're saying is some guys are late 2nd rounders and people want them at #22 is all.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1981854 said:

Not the point, the POINT IS they PLAY faster than their 40 time at the combine!