My son and I need help with computer.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
My son has just received his grandfther's cast off computer and he wants to buy games for it. How do we find out what the features of the machine are in terms of hard drive space, RAM, video card, etc? I remeber vaguely that it comes up during the booting process, but reading that would take phenomenal reading skills.

Any ideas?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
davidyee;1496349 said:
My son has just received his grandfther's cast off computer and he wants to buy games for it. How do we find out what the features of the machine are in terms of hard drive space, RAM, video card, etc? I remeber vaguely that it comes up during the booting process, but reading that would take phenomenal reading skills.

Any ideas?

RIGHT click on the my Computer Icon.

This should give you the memory totals and also the processor size.

Now close that out.

Now double LEFT click on my computer.
When your C drive shows up RIGHT click on that and choose properties.

This will show you the total, used and remaining space on your hard drive.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
whats your operating system? Windows me? Xp? I'm assuming its old as your father (His grandfather) casted it away, you might just be better off telling him to wait and and if his grades permit you an allow him to get a new computer (i can find you one at about $500 dollars that will have good memory, hdd space and a processor that will allow him to do his school work (papers and research) and play games, while you can still listen to music and surf ebay (if you do that)