CFZ My Thoughts 1.6

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I will say that, and by the way, loved your post LM. But I would say that most of the hate, about 85% are coming from X Romo fans. I went at Romo so dang hard when he was here, and now they're giving it to Dak. No matter what the guy does, they will never like him. Romo fans are insufferable when he was playing, and they are only here to down right blast Dak (Who stole Romo's Job) and they won't quit until he's gone.

That's what you all are dealing with.
I was a big Romo fan and constant defender. Now I do the same with Dak because I realize they are both pretty damn good QBs.

Hating the most important player on the team is just stupid imo. Go to a new team or new sport or start a hobby or go to hell.

Aven8

Reaction score
I was a big Romo fan and constant defender. Now I do the same with Dak because I realize they are both pretty damn good QBs.

Hating the most important player on the team is just stupid imo. Go to a new team or new sport or start a hobby or go to hell.
I can’t imagine hating the QB of my favorite team. It’s one thing to hate them if they aren’t any good, but he isn’t awful. Is he Rogers or Mahomes? No way. Is he Carson Wentz or Baker Mayfield? Hell no. He’s a really good QB with flaws. When he’s on he’s hard to beat.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
This doesn't read like a thread "about how much change in accountability and culture there is around this whole organization." It reads like scattershot.

I suppose being charitable one could say it's about how much you like Dak and Jerry and don't like fans and media being mean to them. But one has to piece that together from the scattershot.

bratch59

Reaction score
There is a lot about this team to like. Winning 12+ games two years in a row is something that should be recognized around here.

However, the truth is, nobody really cares about what this team does from Sept to Jan. Whether that’s fair or not, it is what it is. Until this team wins in the postseason (2+ games) nobody is going to think any differently of this team. Thems the rules. I don’t make ‘em.
Please dont group me in with “ nobody really cares what happens from sept to january”I refuse to be miserable during the regular season when I thoroughly enjoy watching each and every game. Even when they lose ,two which have been in overtime have been very exciting games. Yes times I am very frustrated or disappointed, but you will never hear me calling coaches ,players, an owners stupid names. It seem so many on here would not be happy unless they played 20 perfect games each and every season.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
The clear indicator that you are playing well as a Dallas Cowboys quarterback is the amount of criticism you receive. Sadly, if you’re consistently playing poorly, it’s not worth discussing, but if you’re playing well…then it’s just not good enough. It’s part of the package that accompanies being the triggerman for the most polarizing team in the NFL.

If challenged to make a top 5 list of QB’s you want behind center, is Dak in it? If not, I’ll bet he makes your top 10 list. He may not be a “1A” rate player, but I’ll put him the “1B” category and that’s good enough to win football games as long as others (play-caller included) are doing their jobs.

In terms of not winning playoff games, I’ll put that one primarily on the front office. No owner loves his team more, perhaps to a fault (too loyal at contract time), than Jerry Jones. What concerns me about the Jones’ is their unwillingness to examine alternative ways to build teams and structure contracts. We have lost players and have overpaid for others which leads JJ to spend “cautiously” in the free agent market. BTW, “cautiously” in regard to Cowboys free agent spending is synonymous with purchasing aging veterans on a one year contact in the hopes of catching lightning in a bottle. This hasn’t exactly been the model for success in current times.

Until there’s at least a modicum of a paradigm shift with the company brass, you can expect the Cowboys to be competitive due to their ability to draft but not get over the hump due their inability to bring in a key piece or two to push them over the top.

We can always hope, can’t we?

catiii

Reaction score
do yourself and those who can a favor and stop reading and go read something else.

Thanks, I'll do just that! :facepalm:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I can’t imagine hating the QB of my favorite team. It’s one thing to hate them if they aren’t any good, but he isn’t awful. Is he Rogers or Mahomes? No way. Is he Carson Wentz or Baker Mayfield? Hell no. He’s a really good QB with flaws. When he’s on he’s hard to beat.
Test

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
See that statement is what's wrong with you guys. It's easy to be Gung ho and wear the jerseys, ect...when theyre winning. Try it when they're not on top. Why jump on the bandwagon, when you can ride the train. Just saying

Typically I like to read your post.....but this was a little in left field....you have posted better ones....I been following the Cowboys for very long time and besides the 1990s Triplets ...Jerry and the whole Jones organization have been a mess. They have proven year after year. they just cant win in the salary cap era...as for the off season moves....Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good......and I think the Cowboys have been VERY lucky this year.....and hope that luck takes them to the Superbowl....but I won't hold my breath....I've seen this story before.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
See that statement is what's wrong with you guys. It's easy to be Gung ho and wear the jerseys, ect...when theyre winning. Try it when they're not on top. Why jump on the bandwagon, when you can ride the train. Just saying
Meh, I doubt there are a whole lot of bandwagon fans for this team that hasn't won anything in 27 years.

Htown-Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s time to get the monkey off already. Dak and Zeke have been together for 6 years now and it’s time to make it to the NFC title game. We’re more than capable of winning two games on the road. Once that happens a lot of the media will believe again as well as fans.
Bam! Hammer meets nail. Eventually the inevitable will happen and the Cowboys will break thru. Will it be this year?

starfan1

Reaction score
Please dont group me in with “ nobody really cares what happens from sept to january”I refuse to be miserable during the regular season when I thoroughly enjoy watching each and every game. Even when they lose ,two which have been in overtime have been very exciting games. Yes times I am very frustrated or disappointed, but you will never hear me calling coaches ,players, an owners stupid names. It seem so many on here would not be happy unless they played 20 perfect games each and every season.
Great post and I’m more like you. It’s not that I don’t care about post season I do
But I love each week regardless of results . Ya I get upset and elated but I let it go rather quickly

I just don’t embrace this sb or bust attitude . I know that 31 other teams are also trying to get there and it isn’t easy

This blame the qb because he makes 40 mil is dumb especially since same people were blaming him when he was making fraction of that

Team game for sure .reliant on good coaching and good players
I’ll enjoy the ride regardless of results

Game day threads are just hilarious . The over reactions are classic