CFZ My Thoughts 10.18

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
IMO Dallas will be fine at wr with Dak back. Anybody watching the last 5 games could see Dallas was basically using a 1 read and check down scheme for Rush. You could see because he was always locked on one guy if it wasn't open he was going to the flat. He missed a few wide open guys vs the eagles, never even looked their way. And Rush doesn't have the arm to make they throws. As we saw with them bad late throws that were easily intercepted.

I really think they used the eagles game to see if Rush could replace Dak which is stupid. Dallas was running the ball just as good as the eagles were but they didn't stick with it from the beginning of the game. First drive they go pass and ends the drive with a bad throw by Rush.

I expected a loss vs the eagles because basically it was clear dak wanted to play but the team wanted another game with rush. But even then Dallas gave that game away with untimely penalties. The past 3 games Dallas played smart football but took a step back. Hurts did nothing. I'd say he is a little better than Rush. Next game with Dak it's gonna be another blowout for Dallas of them. Eagles played a game trying to force penalties in key moments. And Dallas bit.

Defense got wore down because Rush played a bad game and the team kept trying to force the pass with him when the run was working.

Dallas is weak inside at lber. And inside on the dl the problem is Dallas likes to over load the side they will bring a overloaded pass rush. So opposing teams will wash them away from the run and run to the weak side religiously. There's usually Vander esch and a safety there instead of an extra DL usually. Dallas has great tacklers in the secondary but there are times where teams get the upper hand and that's where we see them give up big chunks.

Dorrance Armstrong is coming into his own and he's now more consistent than Lawrence.

Noah brown I think is going to blow up with Dak because dak can get him the ball and he can see the field when Rush couldn't.

Dak isn't coming back to the ol that played week one. They're playing alot better and play consistent now. Week one they were a mess.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
IMO Dallas will be fine at wr with Dak back. Anybody watching the last 5 games could see Dallas was basically using a 1 read and check down scheme for Rush. You could see because he was always locked on one guy if it wasn't open he was going to the flat. He missed a few wide open guys vs the eagles, never even looked their way. And Rush doesn't have the arm to make they throws. As we saw with them bad late throws that were easily intercepted.
Yea i said this in the game thread

That possession where Noah made that spectacular catch that was called back, he literally looked that way 3x in a row. One was to Gallup, one was to Noah, and Ceedee was routed up bradberry but the pass was batted down.

All pre-determined throws

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Yea i said this in the game thread

That possession where Noah made that spectacular catch that was called back, he literally looked that way 3x in a row. One was to Gallup, one was to Noah, and Ceedee was routed up bradberry but the pass was batted down.

All pre-determined throws
I think Rush can be a great backup, but his limits you just cant coach up, Mainly his arm. Every time he throws a out it just looks like a duck that's about to be intercepted. If you go back and watch his 6 games most of his completions are blown coverages. Which isn't his fault the defense blows the coverage but if that's not happening his throwing to the flat. And sometime still going to the flat with open guys. He's a true description of a bus driver. That isn't a bad thing but that type of qb isn't going to win close games without a coaching staff that will scheme guys open. Exactly what eagles do for hurts

Creeper

Reaction score
Armstrong is not yet as good as Lawrence against the run. I think he needs more work there.

I actually think Sam Williams is really start to get it with run defense. I don't think he got a lot of plays against the Eagles but he is developing quickly. Also I was down on Golston but he looks like he is slowly improving as well.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Armstrong is not yet as good as Lawrence against the run. I think he needs more work there.

I actually think Sam Williams is really start to get it with run defense. I don't think he got a lot of plays against the Eagles but he is developing quickly. Also I was down on Golston but he looks like he is slowly improving as well.
I didn't say better. I said he's more consistent.

reddyuta

Reaction score
i was in the car getting my food and they were hating on Tyler Smith because of 1 bad play.Braoddus and another regular hater there really dont think he can stick at LT,both are idiots and i am confident Tyler will make the pro bowl one day.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Disagree with some of what you say. Defense wasnt warn down due to rush. Defense failed the 2nd quarter cause the eagles are better faster at adjusting and lead the league in 2nd quarter points. They took parsons out of the game without putting a man on him.

It was a group effort failure. The OL failed, wr's failed, rush failed, km failed, rb's failed..all the stupid penalties killed our drives or extended theirs. Coaches not chalkenging failed. Jerry not burning down a trash suit...failed.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Disagree with some of what you say. Defense wasnt warn down due to rush. Defense failed the 2nd quarter cause the eagles are better faster at adjusting and lead the league in 2nd quarter points. They took parsons out of the game without putting a man on him.

It was a group effort failure. The OL failed, wr's failed, rush failed, km failed, rb's failed..all the stupid penalties killed our drives or extended theirs. Coaches not chalkenging failed. Jerry not burning down a trash suit...failed.

No doubt a team loss...

terra

Reaction score

I really think they used the eagles game to see if Rush could replace Dak which is stupid. Dallas was running the ball just as good as the eagles were but they didn't stick with it from the beginning of the game. First drive they go pass and ends the drive with a bad throw by Rush.

I expected a loss vs the eagles because basically it was clear dak wanted to play but the team wanted another game with rush. But even then Dallas gave that game away with untimely penalties. The past 3 games Dallas played smart football but took a step back. Hurts did nothing. I'd say he is a little better than Rush. Next game with Dak it's gonna be another blowout for Dallas of them. Eagles played a game trying to force penalties in key moments. And Dallas bit.

Defense got wore down because Rush played a bad game and the team kept trying to force the pass with him when the run was working.

Dallas is weak inside at lber. And inside on the dl the problem is Dallas likes to over load the side they will bring a overloaded pass rush. So opposing teams will wash them away from the run and run to the weak side religiously. There's usually Vander esch and a safety there instead of an extra DL usually. Dallas has great tacklers in the secondary but there are times where teams get the upper hand and that's where we see them give up big chunks.

Dorrance Armstrong is coming into his own and he's now more consistent than Lawrence.

Noah brown I think is going to blow up with Dak because dak can get him the ball and he can see the field when Rush couldn't.

Dak isn't coming back to the ol that played week one. They're playing alot better and play consistent now. Week one they were a mess.
So you had no problem with any of the coaches?

Reaction score
good write up. On the Dak portion, I don't agree they wanted to see one more outing with Rush. I believe they wanted Dak to get a FULL week of complete practices as well as not throwing him back in against a team of the eagles caliber. That's all we needed was the controversy if Dak played and lost after replacing Rush who was on a 4 game win streak.

Brooksey

Reaction score

That was genius stuff running read option vs Micah...who says the Okl St. offense can't work in the NFL. Let' see if they adjust

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That was genius stuff running read option vs Micah...who says the Okl St. offense can't work in the NFL. Let' see if they adjust

The boys needed to adjust their game plan better. Between that and some dumb defensive penalties. It just wasn't their day.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
good write up. On the Dak portion, I don't agree they wanted to see one more outing with Rush. I believe they wanted Dak to get a FULL week of complete practices as well as not throwing him back in against a team of the eagles caliber. That's all we needed was the controversy if Dak played and lost after replacing Rush who was on a 4 game win streak.

Dallas wins if Dak plays imo.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Hurtz is much better than Rush, just with his legs alone. I agree thought that he is nothing special and we have the better team than the Eagles with Dak leading the way.

Run defense is weaker than our great pass D, but its by no means a team weakness.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Eagles averaged pretty much less than 4 ypc and that included Hurts. They did a great job. Its just when your QB throws 3 picks and you cant score the other team is just going to pound the ball with a lead because they dont have to do anything else. Last thing they were going to do up 20-3 is try to pass the ball and give our defense a chance to tee off.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Could someone please explain to me why getting Prescot back makes this club more dangerous! Prescot hasn't shown up in a meaningful game for years, oh sure he'll get his when the Boys play the Lions, but had Prescot started against the Eagles everyone would have blamed the loss on rust and he would have received yet another pass for being a lousy QB. He looked like crap against Tampa before he went down with his boo-boo, so I wouldn't put too much stock in Prescot until we see him destroying decent teams in the NFL!