CFZ My Thoughts 10.18

Bagman

Reaction score
Could someone please explain to me why getting Prescot back makes this club more dangerous! Prescot hasn't shown up in a meaningful game for years, oh sure he'll get his when the Boys play the Lions, but had Prescot started against the Eagles everyone would have blamed the loss on rust and he would have received yet another pass for being a lousy QB. He looked like crap against Tampa before he went down with his boo-boo, so I wouldn't put too much stock in Prescot until we see him destroying decent teams in the NFL!
The explanation is Dak is better than Rush. Bigger,stronger, faster, better arm ,more experience and has the confidence of the entire offensive group.There are plays we can run and patterns for the receivers than rush is not good with. So, when you put a better player in, you get better results.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Could someone please explain to me why getting Prescot back makes this club more dangerous! Prescot hasn't shown up in a meaningful game for years, oh sure he'll get his when the Boys play the Lions, but had Prescot started against the Eagles everyone would have blamed the loss on rust and he would have received yet another pass for being a lousy QB. He looked like crap against Tampa before he went down with his boo-boo, so I wouldn't put too much stock in Prescot until we see him destroying decent teams in the NFL!
Typical foolish talk.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The explanation is Dak is better than Rush. Bigger,stronger, faster, better arm ,more experience and has the confidence of the entire offensive group.There are plays we can run and patterns for the receivers than rush is not good with. So, when you put a better player in, you get better results.
His Dak hate blinds him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I owe Noah Brown a apology. I was not happy with him but he is doing very well and his hands have improve. If they will use the same formula with Dak that they used with Rush we will go far. If they start expecting him to force the ball down field. Then well, you saw the game Sunday. Predictable throws get picked. Quicker and shorter routes get yards. And USE THE RUN GAME. We are a run first team. Use it. Elliot was hot Sunday. Give him 5-7 more tries. Maybe a different game.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
IMO Dallas will be fine at wr with Dak back. Anybody watching the last 5 games could see Dallas was basically using a 1 read and check down scheme for Rush. You could see because he was always locked on one guy if it wasn't open he was going to the flat. He missed a few wide open guys vs the eagles, never even looked their way. And Rush doesn't have the arm to make they throws. As we saw with them bad late throws that were easily intercepted.

I really think they used the eagles game to see if Rush could replace Dak which is stupid. Dallas was running the ball just as good as the eagles were but they didn't stick with it from the beginning of the game. First drive they go pass and ends the drive with a bad throw by Rush.

I expected a loss vs the eagles because basically it was clear dak wanted to play but the team wanted another game with rush. But even then Dallas gave that game away with untimely penalties. The past 3 games Dallas played smart football but took a step back. Hurts did nothing. I'd say he is a little better than Rush. Next game with Dak it's gonna be another blowout for Dallas of them. Eagles played a game trying to force penalties in key moments. And Dallas bit.

Defense got wore down because Rush played a bad game and the team kept trying to force the pass with him when the run was working.

Dallas is weak inside at lber. And inside on the dl the problem is Dallas likes to over load the side they will bring a overloaded pass rush. So opposing teams will wash them away from the run and run to the weak side religiously. There's usually Vander esch and a safety there instead of an extra DL usually. Dallas has great tacklers in the secondary but there are times where teams get the upper hand and that's where we see them give up big chunks.

Dorrance Armstrong is coming into his own and he's now more consistent than Lawrence.

Noah brown I think is going to blow up with Dak because dak can get him the ball and he can see the field when Rush couldn't.

Dak isn't coming back to the ol that played week one. They're playing alot better and play consistent now. Week one they were a mess.
Do you really think anyone from Cowboys coaching staff or players thought Rush had a shot at taking the reigns from a healthy Dak?

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak isn't coming back to the ol that played week one. They're playing alot better and play consistent now. Week one they were a mess.

This offense has grown quite a bit since week 1 and is just lacking good QB play. Plug in Dak and I think this team becomes a serious problem on the offensive side for opponents. The run game has quietly been quite efficient and I think Dak enables a little bit more variety in the passing game. I am excited to see what comes next.

chagus

Reaction score
IMO Dallas will be fine at wr with Dak back. Anybody watching the last 5 games could see Dallas was basically using a 1 read and check down scheme for Rush. You could see because he was always locked on one guy if it wasn't open he was going to the flat. He missed a few wide open guys vs the eagles, never even looked their way. And Rush doesn't have the arm to make they throws. As we saw with them bad late throws that were easily intercepted.

I really think they used the eagles game to see if Rush could replace Dak which is stupid. Dallas was running the ball just as good as the eagles were but they didn't stick with it from the beginning of the game. First drive they go pass and ends the drive with a bad throw by Rush.

I expected a loss vs the eagles because basically it was clear dak wanted to play but the team wanted another game with rush. But even then Dallas gave that game away with untimely penalties. The past 3 games Dallas played smart football but took a step back. Hurts did nothing. I'd say he is a little better than Rush. Next game with Dak it's gonna be another blowout for Dallas of them. Eagles played a game trying to force penalties in key moments. And Dallas bit.

Defense got wore down because Rush played a bad game and the team kept trying to force the pass with him when the run was working.

Dallas is weak inside at lber. And inside on the dl the problem is Dallas likes to over load the side they will bring a overloaded pass rush. So opposing teams will wash them away from the run and run to the weak side religiously. There's usually Vander esch and a safety there instead of an extra DL usually. Dallas has great tacklers in the secondary but there are times where teams get the upper hand and that's where we see them give up big chunks.

Dorrance Armstrong is coming into his own and he's now more consistent than Lawrence.

Noah brown I think is going to blow up with Dak because dak can get him the ball and he can see the field when Rush couldn't.

Always look forward to your write up. Agree on all points.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Prescot has proven time and time again that he can't get the job done in meaningful games so labeling him as a better QB in these types of games is a joke! You 'all remember how the run game all but disappeared in the second half of last season and continued into the Tampa game with Prescot under center??????? DCs loaded up the box on the line of scrimmage because they know Prescot can't beat them with his arm. In the Tampa game with Prescot starting that game the run game was nowhere to be found, but once Rush took over in game two the whole management team saw the light and began to depend on the run game more because they all knew that Rush would struggle if they depended more on the pass. Which brings us back to Prescot and his lousy passing game. If Prescot was all that then way is this team going to start with RUN FIRST mentality when he comes back???? It's because they know now that Prescot it's going to get them to the playoffs or SB if they have to depend on his arm to do it. The only way this team is going to succeed is if Zek and Pollard continue to have success running the ball.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Do you really think anyone from Cowboys coaching staff or players thought Rush had a shot at taking the reigns from a healthy Dak?
I think Jerry wanted to see. He's never really been 100% behind dak.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Prescot has proven time and time again that he can't get the job done in meaningful games so labeling him as a better QB in these types of games is a joke! You 'all remember how the run game all but disappeared in the second half of last season and continued into the Tampa game with Prescot under center??????? DCs loaded up the box on the line of scrimmage because they know Prescot can't beat them with his arm. In the Tampa game with Prescot starting that game the run game was nowhere to be found, but once Rush took over in game two the whole management team saw the light and began to depend on the run game more because they all knew that Rush would struggle if they depended more on the pass. Which brings us back to Prescot and his lousy passing game. If Prescot was all that then way is this team going to start with RUN FIRST mentality when he comes back???? It's because they know now that Prescot it's going to get them to the playoffs or SB if they have to depend on his arm to do it. The only way this team is going to succeed is if Zek and Pollard continue to have success running the ball.

we will see what Dak truly brings to the table this season. we finally got to see this offense with Rush. will dak make us better? (he better with what he’s getting paid)

4 is definitely an upgrade to Rush. but we need this defense to play great bc dak ain’t someone i want in a shootout. Dak has 23 games where he has failed to throw atleast one TD. Tony Romo? 10. (I’m only bringing up Tony bc he was a gunslinger who was capable to keep up in a shootout)

let’s keep this offense balance. no more than 30 passes for dak and we should be good.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Armstrong is a liability against the run
Dlaw is a way better player

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was rolling my eyes at your silly post, but that 7th question mark really turned me around and opened my eyes.