CFZ My Thoughts 9.28

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Have to give Moore some credit for his 2nd halF playcalling, the first half was just plain awful. Where has this play action been all yr? Where were these routes that are designed to get players open? Hopefully he sticks with this type of play calling when Dak returns.

Cooper Rush is taking what the defense gives him. He has done as good as you can hope. But let's not go over board, NY had 3 or 4 balls that could've been ints. You can see they have him on a 1 read and check down. But going with that play action in the 2nd half Def helped wrs to get open cause NY was biting on it. That's what happens when you run the ball play action works.

Tyler Smith is playing like a veteran. As much as itnpains me to say, Tyron has lost his job. And I'm sure he will retire this offseason. You see what dallast alked about when they drafted him, shows you that this team knows what it's doing. The way he was down the field 10-15 yards on pulls and down blocking is great to see and he's still a rookie. Watching him and Peters together was an insane load of power blocking for the run game.

Lamb had a night and day game. He was terrible in the first half and unstoppable in the 2nd. I have to think somebody got in his you know what at halftime.

The running game will work if Moore doesn't abandon it. And will help his passing game with the playaction as we saw in the 2nd half. Elliot will give all you want inside the tackles, and Pollard will give you the edge. You just have to use them that way.

Lawrence came alive and dominated this game until he got hurt. We went back in the game he wasn't the same. He humiliated Neal. Your 7th overall pick shouldn't be dominated like that.

Vander Esh is the weaklink in this defense. Not really his fault but he just can't be aggressive because of his neck. That's why he'll just wait for contract instead of initiating it. If rather see Barr and Cox in there. Allow Cox to get experience.

Hurts me to say this but Jourdan Lewis should be benched for Bland. Wether it's injuries or just bad play it shows.

Donovan Wilson is playing really good. He was all over the field and in the backfield getting pressures all game.

This team Definatley needs to put more emphasis on fundamentals abs figure out these penalties. Speaking about penalties is insane with 27 pressures the giants only committed 1 holding penalty.
Nice read, thanks

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Speaking about penalties is insane with 27 pressures the giants only committed 1 holding penalty.

They committed plenty of holding. Only 1 was called. Absolutely ridiculous. What's it take for Parsons to draw a holding call when he is being held on every other down?

cristglo

Reaction score
Im not so sure about Smith retiring or Dallas cutting him. You have seen what Tyler and Peters have done together. Move Tyron in at LG his salary is still reasonable. McGovern and Steele are FA next year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Seen decent minutes of two Denver games...Surtain's name was constantly being mentioned. Looks like the hype was justified on this character. Personally have watched him do multiple pass breakups already.
I love Surtain. I think him and Diggs in the secondary would have been the best cornerback duo in the NFL and with Brown in the slot we would have been tough to pass on. Parsons is just a generational dude though. He is a true lioness, everyone on the defense is eating because of him. He makes our average front seven look like the Purple People Eaters.:omg::laugh:

Macnalty

Reaction score
At some point I expect the special teams to contribute more than they have after three games. Not the field goal kicker more the return team with our incredible returner.

Motorola

Reaction score
I love Surtain. I think him and Diggs in the secondary would have been the best cornerback duo in the NFL and with Brown in the slot we would have been tough to pass on. Parsons is just a generational dude though. He is a true lioness, everyone on the defense is eating because of him. He makes our average front seven look like the Purple People Eaters.
.:omg::laugh:
Alan Page, Carl Eller, Jim Marshall, Gary Larson - one of the all-time great defensive lines in NFL history.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Have to give Moore some credit for his 2nd halF playcalling, the first half was just plain awful. Where has this play action been all yr? Where were these routes that are designed to get players open? Hopefully he sticks with this type of play calling when Dak returns.

Cooper Rush is taking what the defense gives him. He has done as good as you can hope. But let's not go over board, NY had 3 or 4 balls that could've been ints. You can see they have him on a 1 read and check down. But going with that play action in the 2nd half Def helped wrs to get open cause NY was biting on it. That's what happens when you run the ball play action works.

Tyler Smith is playing like a veteran. As much as itnpains me to say, Tyron has lost his job. And I'm sure he will retire this offseason. You see what dallast alked about when they drafted him, shows you that this team knows what it's doing. The way he was down the field 10-15 yards on pulls and down blocking is great to see and he's still a rookie. Watching him and Peters together was an insane load of power blocking for the run game.

Lamb had a night and day game. He was terrible in the first half and unstoppable in the 2nd. I have to think somebody got in his you know what at halftime.

The running game will work if Moore doesn't abandon it. And will help his passing game with the playaction as we saw in the 2nd half. Elliot will give all you want inside the tackles, and Pollard will give you the edge. You just have to use them that way.

Lawrence came alive and dominated this game until he got hurt. We went back in the game he wasn't the same. He humiliated Neal. Your 7th overall pick shouldn't be dominated like that.

Vander Esh is the weaklink in this defense. Not really his fault but he just can't be aggressive because of his neck. That's why he'll just wait for contract instead of initiating it. If rather see Barr and Cox in there. Allow Cox to get experience.

Hurts me to say this but Jourdan Lewis should be benched for Bland. Wether it's injuries or just bad play it shows.

Donovan Wilson is playing really good. He was all over the field and in the backfield getting pressures all game.

This team Definatley needs to put more emphasis on fundamentals abs figure out these penalties. Speaking about penalties is insane with 27 pressures the giants only committed 1 holding penalty.
Great write up. I wish the FO had tried harder to get Bobby Wagner. Although some said he did not want to be here I would have loved him securing the middle. Especially for his old DC

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Moore's last two games have been very solid, whether most fans realize it or not.

I admit he was bad in the first game. But it was a collective effort.

He's doing this with a backup QB, which is impressive.

817Gill

Reaction score
Great write up. I wish the FO had tried harder to get Bobby Wagner. Although some said he did not want to be here I would have loved him securing the middle. Especially for his old DC
Fwiw he hasn’t been great in LA. There have been whispers of him being washed but most people are attributing it to learning a new system for the first time in years.

We’ll see which one it ends up being

stuckindc

Reaction score
Fwiw he hasn’t been great in LA. There have been whispers of him being washed but most people are attributing it to learning a new system for the first time in years.

We’ll see which one it ends up being
I’ve been wondering about him. Maybe he’s just a name now.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine watching Neal get dominated while some dude name Tyler rolls people
Somebody in the DraftZone said a week before the draft that Tyler Smith was the best OL in the draft and comparable to Larry Allen...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If wanted to see Barr just watch the games. He is playing. He has had 3 dumb penalties but ok otherwise.

When Kearse returns his snaps will take away from LVE and Barr because he is the coverage LB. i.e. 3 Safeties is Quinn's base defense.

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
Speaking about penalties is insane with 27 pressures the giants only committed 1 holding penalty.
Our guys were held all night, sometimes outright tackled, and we still had those insane numbers. I don't necessarily think the refs had it out for us, they were just outright bad. Seems to consistent with most of the games I watched this weekend.