CFZ My Thoughts bye week

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I'm going to start off with asking why are media and fans crying about the lack of moves before the trade deadline. This team told you in the offseason that these young guys the team has are coming along and are going to be really good. The OL is doing really good and they are obliterating DLs. The defense on every level is better. The TEs are really good as a core. Which actually makes the wr core less of a liability because they are all able to take advantage of lbers and s that cover them.

They did get Hankins who is everything that was advertised. He solidifies the middle of the DL. And when you watch, the middle of the DL isn't the problem. It's the DEs not staying home because they want to kill the QB. Lawrence seems to be the major culprit of this. Early downs Parsons should be inside where he could pursue the ball on them running downs because what teams are doing is just running at him and doubling him taking him out of the play. But unless you have a QB who can escape the pocket on a regular basis you aren't going to the big runs on this Def in those situations. I think they can clean up that over pursuit during this be week.

Pollard did really good, but as he even said he was wore out. He can't take a full load. Which is why they need Elliot. I don't understand the whole either or crowd. They both can kill a defense if Moore would just keep the run game in the game instead of abandoning it.

I wouldn't hate OBJ but I wouldn't cry if they didn't. What scares me is if they do Moore is just going to let go of the run and go pass happy.

Tyron is going to be back soon and I wouldn't mind if he just stayed gone. They have continuity right now and inserting him in is going to mess with that. Let this team play.

Clark and Parsons are going to wreck havoc on teams for years.

It's insane how much talent this team has on defense. And the rookie and sophomores are playing huge parts. You can't name a team that's drafted better in the last 2 yrs. Could probably go further.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There is nothing to complain about since the Cowboys overachieved in the first half of the season. So the media and the owner are drumming up drama because the Cowboys are the most popular team in the sport. You need something to talk about during the Cowboys bye week.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I wouldn't hate OBJ but I wouldn't cry if they didn't. What scares me is if they do Moore is just going to let go of the run and go pass happy.

Go for OBJ if he still has it.
Can't remember when I last thought we were legitimately a contender, but with the defense legitimately great, and with the hole at DT somewhat filled by Hankins, and the offense looking solid, I'm in favor of spending something to get a legitimate deep threat at WR if one was available.
That's what the offense lacks. It's set for everything else, but we've got no deep speed to stretch a defense, and a team with good corners could shut us down with press man coverage on the outside.
Ironic that the one type of player we need to really make a push is the guy we traded away for nothing.

It's weird to be in contention now after the abysmal performance on opening night. I really thought the season was over.

ghst187

Reaction score
It’s insane how much talent we have on defense while also whiffing on picks like Joseph and Golston

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
It’s insane how much talent we have on defense while also whiffing on picks like Joseph and Golston
If you're going to be a championship kind of a team you need solid backups. So, I wouldn't say we whiffed on those guys, it's just that we don't need them right now.

But opinions vary.

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The OL is doing really good and they are obliterating DLs.
Tyron is going to be back soon and I wouldn't mind if he just stayed gone. They have continuity right now and inserting him in is going to mess with that. Let this team play.
So you want us to "Romo" Tyron? Not cool man. Very not cool. LOL-JK

But I'd like to get Tyron some reps just to give Tyler some rest. Rookies aren't used to the long season. And when Tyler gets done with his break from action, he can give J.Peters a break. Being an older player and all.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm going to start off with asking why are media and fans crying about the lack of moves before the trade deadline. This team told you in the offseason that these young guys the team has are coming along and are going to be really good. The OL is doing really good and they are obliterating DLs. The defense on every level is better. The TEs are really good as a core. Which actually makes the wr core less of a liability because they are all able to take advantage of lbers and s that cover them.

They did get Hankins who is everything that was advertised. He solidifies the middle of the DL. And when you watch, the middle of the DL isn't the problem. It's the DEs not staying home because they want to kill the QB. Lawrence seems to be the major culprit of this. Early downs Parsons should be inside where he could pursue the ball on them running downs because what teams are doing is just running at him and doubling him taking him out of the play. But unless you have a QB who can escape the pocket on a regular basis you aren't going to the big runs on this Def in those situations. I think they can clean up that over pursuit during this be week.

Pollard did really good, but as he even said he was wore out. He can't take a full load. Which is why they need Elliot. I don't understand the whole either or crowd. They both can kill a defense if Moore would just keep the run game in the game instead of abandoning it.

It's insane how much talent this team has on defense. And the rookie and sophomores are playing huge parts. You can't name a team that's drafted better in the last 2 yrs. Could probably go further.
:clap:

baltcowboy

Reaction score

But I'd like to get Tyron some reps just to give Tyler some rest. Rookies aren't used to the long season. And when Tyler gets done with his break from action, he can give J.Peters a break. Being an older player and all.
Resting Tyler:huh:, makes no sense. Offensive line plays better with repetition. The reason why the line is playing well is because they have played with Martin, Steele, Badyz, and Tyler for most of the season. Why would you pull the youngest and least experienced who needs as many reps a possible.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Resting Tyler:huh:, makes no sense. Offensive line plays better with repetition. The reason why the line is playing well is because they have played with Martin, Steele, Badyz, and Tyler for most of the season. Why would you pull the youngest and least experienced who needs as many reps a possible.
I gave the reason in my post. But my post is just an idea, in a kind of food for thought way.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
If McClay aces the next draft we’ll be valid contenders. Not saying we’re not the year but he trenches have a hole on each side. Not many teams can make that claim

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score

Funny, I know you were j/k but it gives me a chance to vent. Tony Romo is still a Black eye on the organization. First of all, it was the wrong call at the time. Now if Dak would've QB'd Us to the Super Bowl played great and won the MVP. It still

would've been the wrong move but it would have been understandable. The way people sell their Souls for Fame or victory, yeah wouldn't have made it right but understandable. But I Digress. I don't ever want that done on ,my team AGAIN.

Loyalty goes both ways and I'm getting a little sick and tired of this brave new world ( There's an oxymoron for you, it's neither NEW or BRAVE) this winning ain't everything it's the only thing is BS. And NOT what I watch football for. You treat

people with kindness regardless of what level your on Pee Wee to the Pro's. You can be a winner and not be a piece of trash. I'll step down off my soap box now, but I just had to get that off my chest

Dakota

Reaction score
Sometimes I think the football Gods just like screwing with us. The NFC top teams of prior years are collapsing right before our eyes. If ever there was a season that the NFC championship game was a real possibility for us it would be this year...however...the egirls are having the best start in team history and are in a decent position to be the #1 seed. We could end up with the 2nd best record in the NFC and still be a wild card road team. I don't want to come off as paranoid, but I could see the best opportunity in years to capture the NFC slip right by us.

quickccc

Reaction score

- this team tells us every offseason that they " like our guys" and determine to keep/stay going with the status quo per NFL draft and bargain vet FA's - that's their motto.

- i've been wrong about a few people and have to eat crow Terrence Steele is one ... OL Joe Philibin is another one...
he's built and developed an OL that can win - and he's added with young guys that have stepped up their game (ala Tyler, McGovern, Steele and Biadsz)
They've opened run lanes, and protected the QB including backup Cooper Rush.

- " The defense on every level is better" nope not quite. The one sole level is poor run defense is well known, such as the reason for the trade for Hankins.
and it's not just the player personnel but also the gap scheme.

- With Tyron Smith .. are we a better team with Tyron and Tyler ? ... or Tyler and McGovern ? IF Tyron is Not healthy and in game shape enuff , could we immediately
change back to the original starting lineup ?

Sydla

Reaction score
Clark developing into a player would be such a big deal for this team. LVE is what he is and after him, they got nothing at LB. Cox has been a disappointment but getting Clark where they did, his development would be great for this defense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Yeah you lost me not wanting Tyron back. Him at left tackle. He will make our pass protection even better.

DanA

Reaction score
There is no either or crowd. There is only a use Pollard more vs keep it the same debate and quite frankly I don’t understand the continued underutilisation of Pollard. Pollard was tired…so what, Zeke is tired every game. Production never dropped.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah you lost me not wanting Tyron back. Him at left tackle. He will make our pass protection even better.

Problem is that there are cap issues the Cowboys are gonna face in 2023. Trading Smith would save nearly $10 million in cap space. I don't agree with getting rid of him but let's be honest............ for as good as he can be while on the field, he's struggled to stay on the field since 2015. He's only played in 13 games the last two years and depending on when he comes back, he may only log around 15-17 games over a three year period.

Banking on him being healthy and taking a $18 million cap hit might be a risk a team with some cap constraints might not be willing to take.