My thoughts. Disgusted

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m talking about the COACHES.
Yes but you questioned how this would look to the players who I pointed out did the same. It’s very common throughout the league for both coaches and players to greet each other after the game. Many of them played together before at either the college or pro level and coached with each other.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Totally DISGUSTED with this team. They didnt go out Sunday ready to play. They had injuries, they didnt need the game, to hell with all the excuses. They just went and stole Jerrys money for the game.

Dak was the worst i have ever seen him. I understand the guy is handicapped by a lack of coaching, or lack of capable coaching, but he's been in the league for 3 yrs. Suck it up be a professional and get the job done. Dallas is a way better team than the Colts, he and the team just laid a egg plain and simple.

Dallas needs to bring in a Tyrod Taylor or Teddy Bridgewater to Challenge Dak. And Dak needs a QB coach who is gonna get into his face and tell him he's *** it up. Sacks on Dak vs the Colts were 100% on him. He had plenty of time to get the ball off or run. Wether there was somebody open or not, he held onto the ball in the pocket way too long. For the first time in awhile too i saw him just trying to muscle the pass to the spot which put him entirely too much off balance and the throw sailed. You can see him trying to throw at different velocities but you dont get enough practice time during the season to tweak this effectively. Defending this kid on bad throws is getting harder to do. Him turning the ball over so much is a very big problem.

I dont think you give up on him, and no way do you draft another young QB. But i think you challenge him in 2019 with an established vet who if he can beat Dak out let him start.

Elliot is starting to get nicked up, taking too many hits. I think its time to start letting Smith get more snaps. Not only is Elliot carring the ball over 20 times a game, he's also catching the ball on avg of 7 times a game.

I cant wait until this team gets rid of Hurns and Beasley. I haver never seen Beasley run so many lazy routes. And Hurns is a waste of a roster spot. There's a reason Jacksonville never even tried to resign him.

TE is starting to come around, but these guys are still good backups playig a starting role. IM still hoping for a guy like Jesse James in Dallas. A TE who can play the middle of the field and up the seams. But more importantly a TE who can BLOCK. Think we saw exactly why Rico doesnt play on that 4th and 1 Elliot got stopped at the 3. Margus Hunt went right across Rico who whiffed on a attempted block and blew up the play. If Rico barely even touches Hunt thats a TD for Elliot.

All in all the OL played ok. The QB was just horrible vs the Colts. Dont even feel like typing his name. I was actually suprised the OL didnt struggle more vs the Colts with Maertin being out. They gave #4 plenty of time to throw or make a decision to run. The run blocking was good as always. The QB and WRs just didnt execute the way they had been.

ON defense the LBers just got eaten alive by Mack all day long. Vander looked like the rookie we saw in preseason. Looked like a deer with headlight shining right at him on running plays. Jaylon was over running plays. And Lee made no impact on the few plays he was in.

The Colts ran most of time at Lawrence. Think this wore him out. I will say the Colts got away with a ton of holding calls. Nelson was holding on virtually every play. I hadnt seen that much holding since the Packers playoff game.

The secondary was off balance and never got into the game.

Yes, true the Cowboys didnt need this game. But, that doesnt mean you make every mistake you could to lose this game as bad as it looked. Theres gotta be some turnover on coaching this offseason. NO way can you keep this coaching staff intact. Garrett i know will be HC, and they have to keep Richards.
Nail on the head again brother! Total embarrassment to watch this team play last week.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I seriously wonder how often they go over fundamentals with Dak regarding footwork or is it a slap on the *** and say keep it up champ. Either that or he's getting shell shocked after the first hit or two and he just loses focus on his footwork and what touch is needed on a pass.
You can't teach what you don't posses. The guy can only perform when everything works he simply can't perform when there is a breakdown and he has to adjust. He just doesn't have this skill set which is why he was a 4th round mercy pick. I'm with Latin bring in someone with real tangibles to push this kid to where he belongs. On the bench as a very serviceable quality backup.

John813

Reaction score
You can't teach what you don't posses. The guy can only perform when everything works he simply can't perform when there is a breakdown and he has to adjust. He just doesn't have this skill set which is why he was a 4th round mercy pick. I'm with Latin bring in someone with real tangibles to push this kid to where he belongs. On the bench as a very serviceable quality backup.

I'm all for competition. Especially at QB. But I feel this FO falls in love with players early and writes their name in ink in the depth chart in May.
I have a feeling they are putting money where their mouth is and sign Dak this offseason, so I've kind of dropped the look for the next QB and just hope Dak can improve. That or a new OC can solve some of these lame routes/schemes.

We can be like the Miami Dolphins with Tannehill. Hoping every year that the QB finally just gets it.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I'm all for competition. Especially at QB. But I feel this FO falls in love with players early and writes their name in ink in the depth chart in May.
I have a feeling they are putting money where their mouth is and sign Dak this offseason, so I've kind of dropped the look for the next QB and just hope Dak can improve. That or a new OC can solve some of these lame routes/schemes.

We can be like the Miami Dolphins with Tannehill. Hoping every year that the QB finally just gets it.
Hard for me to have hope with his issues being prevalent since college and likely before. The kid just doesn't have what it takes to excel week in and week out as a starting NFL QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Fact is Dak has thrown for more yards this season than he did last season and is on pace to throw for more yards than he did his rookie season. , his ints are down from last year and His completion percentage is up from last season .2 different than his rookie season 2018 67.6% and 2016 67.8%. Biggest issue has been the sack in his rookie season he had 25 sacks, last year 32 sack and this season a whopping 51 sacks with 2 games left. Now I have no issue saying Dak is responsible for some of those sacks but I also damn well know pass blocking has not been great between Fredrick missing the year and 2 all pros playing with injuries it has had a negative effect on sacks. To claim that it is somehow all on Dak makes no sense when you see an increase like this in terms of sacks.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes but you questioned how this would look to the players who I pointed out did the same. It’s very common throughout the league for both coaches and players to greet each other after the game. Many of them played together before at either the college or pro level and coached with each other.
You’re not getting my point.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
OP has a strong point about our TEs sucking at blocking. They 100% do (Swaim is passable but injured currently)

It’s crazy to me that we haven’t churned the roster more this year at that position. There has to be a blocking TE somewhere that is better than what we are trotting out there right now.

They tried to trade for Brate.I think they will sign a TE or trade for one in the offseason. I would rather they sign Jesse James rather than trade for one.