My Thoughts... no Knee-Jerk

Nexx

Reaction score
lack of run calls were disturbing. what's more disturbing is garrett doesnt seem to understand that if you are gonna go all pass plays, you must call some short hits, weather they are quick slants, stop routes, quick hitters, something to allow the receivers to get the ball quickly and run after the catch. new england and green bay both do this very well. it looked like were stuck running 5+ step drops all day.

FCBarca

Reaction score
I don't know about you but late when Romo's thumb was so obviously a problem and he had just fumbled the ball without anyone touching him, I was thinking, why not Brad Johnson?...Old man at least had a working thumb and the idea was to get the ball short anyway.

Gotta wonder about that one.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
FCBarca;1838990 said:
teams are going to work overtime to take TO out of the game and so Garrett et al are going to have to figure out how to get TO the ball and get the others involved.

When TO gets doubled with a safety and CB and they slip a LB back to stop the slant, then you can't just say you're going to throw it to others, which is what the offense seems to be trying to do.

Yes, you should be able to hit Crayton or Witten, but more importantly, I think when a defense works that hard to take TO out of the game, you have to be able to run the ball and grind them up a bit and force that safety to respect the handoff...then TO will beat the double team off the play action. Garrett has been great, and it's hard to run the ball against a team that stunts alot, but you have to stick with it, if for no other reason than to grind down the defensive line and LB's as the game wears on.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I didn't understand this either...it's not like they were stuffing Barber, he ran for 4+ a carry. This is one game where he needed to be the horse, your QB is injured a struggling, the offense is out of sync, lose your starting centre and the defense is dominating.
Sorry to all the JJ apologists but this is one game where the rotation needed to go and Barber needed to handle the rock at least 15-20 times.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
noletime95;1838609 said:
Given the early positive vibes regarding the injuries, I feel much better. Here are some other positive viewpoints:

1) As long as Gurode and Canty are back for the playoffs, Dallas has some pretty quality depth to fill in for a stop gap.

2) Its not like either Carolina or Washington will be playing with a full deck themselves.

3) The defense looked much better today.

4) Resting players vs Washington might have been nice, but there is another way to look at this........not playing a meaningful game for two weeks can have a negative impact on a team (see Indy two years ago and SD last year....heck, its not CHI looked like world beaters vs SEA last year). Winning at Washington could really help keep the team sharpe heading into the bye.

5) I think Dallas was at a point where it needed an L for a wake up call. After a while, a team just figures its going to find a way to win no matter how poorly it plays early in games. Let's hope this results in a focused Cowboys team next week.........

All that said, Dallas needs to lay the wood to Carolina next week and make a statement to the rest of the NFC and more importantly, themselves.

we cant afford to rest players now, that nimrod romo messed that up for us. we have to win out, because I know green bay will.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
sbark;1839004 said:
Do we know Romo's Thumb was not "bruised" even prior to the Game...

Anyone have a guess as to when it happened during the game??

on one of the sacks have to be my guess
no wonder it hurt, it probably smelled too, he had it up his arse the whole game.