My thoughts on Cowboys vs Raiders

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here are my thoughts on Cowboys vs Raiders.

• Always good to see the Cowboys win, even if it is a preseason game.
  • Trey Lance was MUCH better this game. That was more like it!!! Well done! :clap: He used his legs well. His throws were more accurate. He did have a few nice long throws. Much better. A-
  • Defence - Well, for the most part, our defence did well. There was the drive that the Raiders had at the end, but then, that's with players probably not making the team. Overall, the run defence looks better, and they had a nice pick 6. B
  • Aubrey - A+
  • Running game - Freeman looks to be a keeper. Much better than last week from that unit. B+
Overall, I thought this was a much better game from the team than last week. Not just with the win. I thought the team overall was much better. Go Cowboys!!

75boyz

Reaction score

• Trey Lance was MUCH better this game. That was more like it!!! Well done! :clap: He used his legs well. His throws were more accurate. He did have a few nice long throws. Much better. A-
  • Defence - Well, for the most part, our defence did well. There was the drive that the Raiders had at the end, but then, that's with players probably not making the team. Overall, the run defence looks better, and they had a nice pick 6. B
  • Aubrey - A+
  • Running game - Freeman looks to be a keeper. Much better than last week from that unit. B+
Overall, I thought this was a much better game from the team than last week. Not just with the win. I thought the team overall was much better. Go Cowboys!!
Hard to argue any of your points.
How unprepared they were last week as compared to this week appeared as though the coaches actually did their job for this game, lol.
And I'm not the biggest supporter of this HC.
But from preseason week 1 to preseason week 2, progress was made at least.
Baby steps I guess.

Cowboys!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hard to argue any of your points.
How unprepared they were last week as compared to this week appeared as though the coaches actually did their job for this game, lol.
And I'm not the biggest supporter of this HC.
But from preseason week 1 to preseason week 2, progress was made at least.
Baby steps I guess.

Cowboys!

Yup, and that's what the preseason is about. Improving and seeing what we have with our depth.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

• Aubrey - A+
you give that an A-? really. he is a top 3 pick......if he was a 7th rounder you would give it an A-....we have had better QB play from 6th and 7th rounders and we walked away, but man this Lance love is just baffling.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
The Raiders should be worried as their starters went much longer and couldn’t make a dent.

Not a Deuce guy but he’s clearly got wiggle no other back has on this roster has. Freeman is a Hammer.

Watched Kneeland meet a guy at the line of scrimmage and it was game over. Stonewalled.

Liufau was very active and the young man likes to lay the wood. Must be the hair.

We got the better end of the Nashin Wright deal. Also, an Al Harris secondary runs another pick for a score. Nice effort on the back end from Thomas as well.

Lance, very nice add lib just north of 2 mins. in the first to complete a pass while under heavy pressure. Trey looked a little more comfortable to me.

Welcome to the party Mr. Flournoy as the other 4th receiver contenders didn’t separate themselves. Nice comeback by Racey Mcmath showing some hands in this game.

Hopefully the punt coverage team is still a work in progress as the return guy continually had a ton of grass in front of him. If a kicker can be a monster…it’s Aubrey.

Glad to see that one early run by the Raiders wasn’t the tone setter for the evening. Minus Mazi, the guys upfront put forth a solid effort. Depth chart bottom feeders should be particularly proud as they kept up the effort while being on the field a ton in the 2nd half.

Saw a couple other things, but this enough, I’m sure.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
you give that an A-? really. he is a top 3 pick......if he was a 7th rounder you would give it an A-....we have had better QB play from 6th and 7th rounders and we walked away, but man this Lance love is just baffling.

I thought about giving him a B+. That said, I felt he played well enough to receive an A- for that preseason game.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

• Aubrey - A+
My one gripe on the defense was the DL. I know Parsons, Lawson, and Lawrence will make a huge difference but man they looked slow. Plodders. Kneeland was the only one I would praise. I decided last night I don’t like Golston. I saw him give up on several plays last night. That guy should be playing through the whistle every snap. His effort sucked. I also like our Troy P look alike. That guy plays fast.

Lance was much better. Aubrey will go down as one of the greatest kickers of all time. That kick would have been good from 70 yards and he looks so effortless. A kicking freak.