CFZ My thoughts on the Cowboys vs Texans game

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Haha, take as long as you like to read it if you will. I was just giving my analysis of the game, and, when I give an analysis, I try to be thorough with it.

You obviously gave it a lot of thought to come up with all that. I can give you my thoughts in a few words, we dodged a real bullet today against a real bad team. This performance isn’t going to fly against playoff teams. I really don’t want to put any more thought into this game than that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You obviously gave it a lot of thought to come up with all that. I can give you my thoughts in a few words, we dodged a real bullet today against a real bad team. This performance isn’t going to fly against playoff teams. I really don’t want to put any more thought into this game than that.

That's pretty much what I was saying haha, just in a more condensed way. I was also pointing out specific areas where I felt we were particularly poor. But, there were positives to draw IF the coaches can motivate the players the right way.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Considering contracts and the rising cap spaces, oh and the fact we don't spend much, I'm not concerned by his contract. If we can keep him and Pollard going into next season, I'm ok with it. It's not like we would use that savings on much during FA anyway.
Don't bring up our lack of free agency involvement.
You know that's a sore subject with me.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I did not see the arm get nudged, but even so, I think that the the team played a poor game, but won where it counted. Dak was clutch at the end, as I stated, but that ball was not even close to a WR, if his arm was indeed nudged, then that goes again to the missed blocks point that I was making.

Apart from anything else, whosever fault that was is a red herring imo. The point on that is that sort of play cannot happen if we want to win the Super Bowl. Nobody is going to look back after a playoff elimination and dissect whose fault that was. The fact is, that type of play will mean the Cowboys season will end in a thud if it's not corrected.

I guess of you missed Daks arm getting hit on that play you must have missed the DB deflecting the ball before it hit Noah Browns hands on the first int as well.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I guess of you missed Daks arm getting hit on that play you must have missed the DB deflecting the ball before it hit Noah Browns hands on the first int as well.

I literally stated on the Noah Brown one in my OP that I thought that was on Noah Brown instead of Dak. I know that it was tipped, but he had a good opportunity to catch it and didn't.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I literally stated on the Noah Brown one in my OP that I thought that was on Noah Brown instead of Dak. I know that it was tipped, but he had a good opportunity to catch it and didn't.

Yes and I pointed out where you were wrong. Can't expect a WR to catch a deflected ball that happened in that fast of a window.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes and I pointed out where you were wrong. Can't expect a WR to catch a deflected ball that happened in that fast of a window.

Good point about that. However, the overlying point of this thread is that those sorts of mistakes cannot happen if the Cowboys are to reach the potential that I think the Cowboys can reach. In the playoffs, sometimes all it takes is one mistake to send you home.