My thoughts on the game

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
  • Today was the first time that I wasnt VERY CONFIDENT (I am spoiled and thought he would still win it in his last drive) that Tony was gonna lead us to a score. Romo looked off today. All day. Rub some dirt on it.
  • No excuses for Roy - the guy has some problems. He continues that cowardly "horsecollar" tackling.
  • No excuses for not getting TO the ball early and often. When he did get the ball he made YAC. We know how he works by now... if he is not involved early then he cant keep his head in the game.
  • Defense had a 3rd and long and let a nobody make the first down. I know I know it was only 10 points but we were playing the very bad offensive Eagles.
  • Injuries hit us for the first time. Hope Romo's thumb is ok.
  • Hurd needs to make his catches when he gets his limited opps. Maybe he gets that from TO. I dont know
  • That almost TD to TO.... man that was almost "sweet"
Two weeks in a row we played desperate teams and they both almost beat us... well one did. If not for getting lucky with Kosier last week.... then we are 0-2 in December.... looking at maybe 1-3.... sound famliar.

BUT... I think we bounce back from this.... maybe a good thing.... teams is a little spoiled.... they dont know what a real loss feels like.... maybe they needed this.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
YoMick;1839307 said:
  • Today was the first time that I wasnt VERY CONFIDENT (I am spoiled and thought he would still win it in his last drive) that Tony was gonna lead us to a score. Romo looked off today. All day. Rub some dirt on it.
  • No excuses for Roy - the guy has some problems. He continues that cowardly "horsecollar" tackling.
  • No excuses for not getting TO the ball early and often. When he did get the ball he made YAC. We know how he works by now... if he is not involved early then he cant keep his head in the game.
  • Defense had a 3rd and long and let a nobody make the first down. I know I know it was only 10 points but we were playing the very bad offensive Eagles.
  • Hurd needs to make his catches when he gets his limited opps. Maybe he gets that from TO. I dont know
Two weeks in a row we played desperate teams and they both almost beat us... well one did. If not for getting lucky with Kosier last week.... then we are 0-2 in December.... looking at maybe 1-3.... sound famliar.

BUT... I think we bounce back from this.... maybe a good thing.... teams is a little spoiled.... they dont know what a real loss feels like.... maybe they needed this.

Nice Post. Man today was rough. If Romo had even played with a QB rating of 50 we would have won today. Our Defense played well today. We still have a first round bye and maybe this loss will be a good thing in terms of getting our heads back into the season.

I just think everybody's been too overconfident lately. I mean today I went furniture shopping with my wife and didn't get home in time for the kickoff. I was a few minutes late getting back, so even I'm off on my fanly duties. No wonder the team played like crap on offense.

I think if we don't have any major injuries (knocks on wood), this loss will hurt only in terms of pride only. Barring injuries, I think we get back on the winning track for the last two games and sew up homefiled advantage. But really, it might not be so bad to play on the road in lambeau. We seem to concentrate better on the road.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
stealth;1839315 said:
you ever chased down and tackled a guy?

I have seen guys get "tackled" from behind without the horsecollar... check it out... if you watch enough NFL games you might see it too :rolleyes:

How many times do you touch a hot iron before you learn?

Roy is friggin dumb.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;1839339 said:
I have seen guys get "tackled" from behind without the horsecollar... check it out... if you watch enough NFL games you might see it too :rolleyes:

How many times do you touch a hot iron before you learn?

Roy is friggin dumb.

so if it was such a dirty tactic wouldn't the players be up in arms over it?

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Good post. I hate that when Romo sucks, he sucks REALLY bad.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
stealth;1839355 said:
so if it was such a dirty tactic wouldn't the players be up in arms over it?

It doesn't matter if they're up in arms about it. It's against the rules and he does it over and over. That leads me to believe he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and how it could be argued any different just blows my mind.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Let me see you write left handed for the next year and see how you do. We said this before that it was going to be a problem because he has been tackling that way hi WHOLE LIFE! He doesn't have great speed, his angles are suspect, so he does what he can and latches on to the only part he can reach, the back of the neck. The only other thing I would suggest for him is to leave his feet and dive at the player, but that way is never taught because it is usually unsuccessful. So I agree with Roy, screw it and just play. Fines be damned.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Defenders used to go high on QBs, but they don't do it now because it's illegal. You have to adapt to the rules in place (like it or not) and either follow them or risk the punishment.

I remember when the speed limit was 70, then they dropped it to 55, I couldn't adjust to it so I received a ton of tickets, now it's back up to 70. A rule is a rule (stupid or not)

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;1839478 said:
Silly analogy

its really not at all, what silly is you don't get it

the speeding analogy was better but both are about the same thing

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
stealth;1839484 said:
its really not at all, what silly is you don't get it

the speeding analogy was better but both are about the same thing

No... its silly.

You are talking about changing writing hands.

I am talking about adapting to the rules.

Like in life we all have to adapt to things... how is that analagous to asking someone to change their writing hand from 2 years old?

I didnt get it because there was nothing to get. Its a bad analogy.

Anyway... I am against Roy continuing to do the horsecollar and you are for it.

Ok by me

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;1839512 said:
No... its silly.

You are talking about changing writing hands.

I am talking about adapting to the rules.

Like in life we all have to adapt to things... how is that analagous to asking someone to change their writing hand from 2 years old?

I didnt get it because there was nothing to get. Its a bad analogy.

Anyway... I am against Roy continuing to do the horsecollar and you are for it.

Ok by me

for the record, I am against fans calling roy stupid for doing it, its got jack all to do with that.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Ozzu;1839361 said:
It doesn't matter if they're up in arms about it. It's against the rules and he does it over and over. That leads me to believe he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and how it could be argued any different just blows my mind.

I am not a Roy apologist, but he does it over and over because it's second nature to him. He has tackled this way since Oklahoma, and I would bet he tackled in High School this way. I compare it to the way Tiki Barber used to fumble the ball all of the time because of the way he held the ball . . . It was second nature for him to hold the ball a certain way which made it easier for defenders to strip the ball. Once Tiki devoted an offseason to changing the habit he stopped fumbling the ball.

Roy need to change his tackling habits. And while he is at it, work on his coverage skills.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
sometimes a horse collar can't be helped with a speedy guy running by you at a weird angle, but yes, the tackle on McNabb was pretty stupid.

Roy was catching him from behind...if he could reach out and pull McNabb back to himself and down without even falling, then he could have easily made the same tackle 99% of the NFL would have made which is to lean forward and wrap his arms around his waist...this was an easy one.

Anyone who's played football has made some tackles by the shirt or even shoulder pads, and sometimes you are diving as you make that grab and a horsecollar does occur; however, anyone who's every played has also grabbed a shoulder or jersey while running and actually pulled himself closer, or pulled the guy back a bit, if you will, and then wrapped the guy up and tackled him normally.

What Roy does is not natural, and you seldom see that tackle in other games by any other players...it's rather rare, imo, especially the one one set up like yesterday's.

Eddie

Reaction score
stealth;1839315 said:
you ever chased down and tackled a guy?

Still, there was no need for the horse collar. A simple dive of the feet would have worked.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
YoMick;1839307 said:

I fully blame Wade for this loss and followup blame goes to Tony Romo. Romo couldn't grip the ball the whole game. While I understand trying to play through it, after a while you have to know you cannot do it. Romo should have been benched because of the thumb injury. It was Wade's fault he wasn't. Romo should also be blamed for not getting the clue that he wasn't helping the team and pulling himself. This is why the Cowboys signed Brad Johnson.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Eddie;1839670 said:
Still, there was no need for the horse collar. A simple dive of the feet would have worked.

Dumb players, do dumb things.