CFZ My Thoughts Post Titans Game

Havic

Reaction score
Oline is serviceable even with losing some starters
DT has to be priority #1 in the offseason / draft.
TY has been incredible both with his play and coaching this WR core up
Gallup is not 100%, who he is right now he would have not been resigned. Next year he should be back to form
Noah and Hendershot have value, but they need very limited opportunities. TY needs to be taking snaps from Noah at this point.
DQ is a strength of this team. Injuries have derailed his success but if this team was healthy the defense would look like it did the first 6 weeks of the season.
KM has great concepts and designs but his play calling is suspect, especially in critically situations / downs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree with the first part of your response but as far as us having the “best QB in the league”, I disagree

Hurts is an MVP candidate, Cousins is playing at a high level, and it doesn’t matter who the Niners Qb is.( not to mention all the better qbs in the AFC) Dak is currently leading the league in ints even having missed 5 games. However, he’s had moments of greatness along with all the turnovers…..his inconsistency is emblematic of this team.

we simply don’t know which Dak and which Cowboys team will show up but because the have peaks as well as valleys I believe they can steal 2 games in the playoffs……at best
I'm not denying that. I'm not denying that Hurts has had a better season. Hell at this point Kirk is too.

But I feel like Dak on his best day is better than Hurts on his best day. Better than Kirk on his best day. We can argue over where Dak ranks....maybe its excuse making but it seems like half of Dak's interceptions have come off the hands of receivers. I've come to grips that we will probably get one bad interception a game from him. Hopefully he shores that up but its what i'm expecting. So if I get one bad interception in the 1st half of games while he's passing at a 70% completion rate and putting up 30+ a game? I think i'm ok there. But this all depends on the defense as well. If they are just going to sliced and diced then none of this matters.

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm not denying that. I'm not denying that Hurts has had a better season. Hell at this point Kirk is too.

But I feel like Dak on his best day is better than Hurts on his best day. Better than Kirk on his best day. We can argue over where Dak ranks....maybe its excuse making but it seems like half of Dak's interceptions have come off the hands of receivers. I've come to grips that we will probably get one bad interception a game from him. Hopefully he shores that up but its what i'm expecting. So if I get one bad interception in the 1st half of games while he's passing at a 70% completion rate and putting up 30+ a game? I think i'm ok there. But this all depends on the defense as well. If they are just going to sliced and diced then none of this matters.

before the season started I had Dak over Hurts in the passing game for sure but Hurts has improved his passing by a mile AND he’s protecting the ball while doing it. Cousins usually folds in the playoffs so I’m not concerned about him. The Niners and Eagles are the class of the NFC and I hope that Dak and the team can overcome these more talented teams. The one thing that does give me hope is Daks experience in this league. I put that over whoever is quarterbacking the Niners and Eagles. Having TYs experience has to help as well. Dak can cement his legacy by getting this flawed team to the SB. It would be indisputable

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
before the season started I had Dak over Hurts in the passing game for sure but Hurts has improved his passing by a mile AND he’s protecting the ball while doing it. Cousins usually folds in the playoffs so I’m not concerned about him. The Niners and Eagles are the class of the NFC and I hope that Dak and the team can overcome these more talented teams. The one thing that does give me hope is Daks experience in this league. I put that over whoever is quarterbacking the Niners and Eagles. Having TYs experience has to help as well. Dak can cement his legacy by getting this flawed team to the SB. It would be indisputable
I'd also add that Hurts has a injury to his shoulder on his throwing arm. He's come a long way. Far faster than I thought he would.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
  • We are threadbare on the o-line with Biadasz and Steele going down. Strangely enough after losing two starters we might now have our best five on the field.
  • Wilson might also make us better replacing Brown. There are matchups against shifty guys where I’d much rather Brown but Wilson ability to jam, cover in zone, and run support is an asset.
  • Our DT’s are bad and it throws off the whole defense. It’s probably the biggest question mark going into the playoffs and so much so I think success/failure largely lies on Hankins shoulders.
  • TY Hilton changes this offense for the better. We’ve seen glimpses but he’s got another gear IMO. His speed and nous is noticeable.
  • Gallup continues to move better but I’m losing hope on him returning to his best. He’s clever and his positioning/timing makes him a RedZone threat, also dangerous when plays breakdown, but I don’t think he has the explosion in and out of routes to seperate. I just don’t see that changing until he’s had a full pre-season.
  • We’ve got to limit the targets to Noah Brown and Peyton Hendershot. We have more reliable options and don’t need to be using them as much as we do.
  • I rate Kellen Moore and Dan Quinn very highly after what they’ve done this season. I feel like they’ve extracted full value out of the talent we have.
Think you identified the team needs for the off-season: DT, CB, WR. They are doing everything to cover up those holes.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
My thought is simple

This should be the year

NFC is horrible
Our 2 main opponents have back up QBs
All other positions pale in comparison

there is ZERO excuse for failure this year

if we cannot get to the SB this year it is an abject failure of coaching and players IMO

who in your mind do you think they are potentially going to need to excuse themselves to? Us?