My Thoughts. What i see as the problem

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Like everybody else the problem is this team cant stop anybody. So duh, the problem is defense, but why?

Ill go to the other side of the ball, and you see they are basically running the same offense as last yr. McCarthy didnt change one thing IMO. Maybe the blocking scheme in some ways but that too is pretty much the same. And Dallas has the #1 offense in the NFL.

But on the other side, Nolan changed everything about the defense with no OTAs and minicamps and only half of a traning camp. With no preseason games aswell. Not to mention They were gonna have 2 new DTs a New DE and new CB and S. So you have a new defensive scheme with half your projected starters being new. I think this is basically what Jaylon was kinda pointing at when he made that make it simple comment. We see the Colts taking this simple approach too and their defense is on fire. Keep it simple and just execute fundamentals and youll have success.

Add into the factor of MM stubbornly thinking this team is ok with what they got instead of dipping into FA for a S and a LB and maybe a DT. S is the biggest weakness by far IMO. Thompson has given up so many TDs. When there are guys like ET, Reid and Jefferson are out there, as is Randall amd Bethea.

At LBer i think the team is waiting for Lee. should be back maybe next week or the week after.

DT is pretty thin for quality. Somebody just needs to step up. I think Nolan just needs to blitz more. But a S is needed to be able to cover ground. Thompson, Worley arent the answer.

LatinMind---you are 1000% Correct...if you look at several posts i just put up on differen threads i pretty much said exact same thing..its pure ineptness to attempt to install a complicated brand new defense with new peronel during this
restrictive Covid time....pure inteptness....our players are better than they have been playing..its all on the inept coaches....maybe i am using strong words to describe coaches ...but to even consider such a move on defense lacks
and fundamental wisdom....so so so ticks me off

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Like everybody else the problem is this team cant stop anybody. So duh, the problem is defense, but why?

Ill go to the other side of the ball, and you see they are basically running the same offense as last yr. McCarthy didnt change one thing IMO. Maybe the blocking scheme in some ways but that too is pretty much the same. And Dallas has the #1 offense in the NFL.

But on the other side, Nolan changed everything about the defense with no OTAs and minicamps and only half of a traning camp. With no preseason games aswell. Not to mention They were gonna have 2 new DTs a New DE and new CB and S. So you have a new defensive scheme with half your projected starters being new. I think this is basically what Jaylon was kinda pointing at when he made that make it simple comment. We see the Colts taking this simple approach too and their defense is on fire. Keep it simple and just execute fundamentals and youll have success.

Add into the factor of MM stubbornly thinking this team is ok with what they got instead of dipping into FA for a S and a LB and maybe a DT. S is the biggest weakness by far IMO. Thompson has given up so many TDs. When there are guys like ET, Reid and Jefferson are out there, as is Randall amd Bethea.

At LBer i think the team is waiting for Lee. should be back maybe next week or the week after.

DT is pretty thin for quality. Somebody just needs to step up. I think Nolan just needs to blitz more. But a S is needed to be able to cover ground. Thompson, Worley arent the answer.

This is makes me upset. I don't know why we didn't even select a safety in the draft. I know they think it's not important. But totally ignoring that position is beyond dumb.

The rams got Jordan Fuller in the 6th round. He is playing well. Why don't we try and trade for Taylor Rapp? We have a bunch of draft picks in the 3rd round next year. So I would just get a safety and be done with it.

Lastly, they should just cut Crawford and go with Snacks. I don't think it will happen. Its too logical and reasonable. But Jerry is too senile to do the right thing.

cowboyed

Reaction score
This is makes me upset. I don't know why we didn't even select a safety in the draft. I know they think it's not important. But totally ignoring that position is beyond dumb.

The rams got Jordan Fuller in the 6th round. He is playing well. Why don't we try and trade for Taylor Rapp? We have a bunch of draft picks in the 3rd round next year. So I would just get a safety and be done with it.

Lastly, they should just cut Crawford and go with Snacks. I don't think it will happen. Its too logical and reasonable. But Jerry is too senile to do the right thing.

Those decisions are coming from the head coach and defensive coordinator. This blaming the owner for making on the field active player decisions is not only mythical but as old as Jerry.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thompson played 4 snaps on defense vs the Browns...

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score

Nice write up. I myself think DT is the biggest problem. Teams are totally demolishing us up the middle on the ground. With the run defense being soooo bad, teams dont even have to worry about Ronnie Lott back there. Teams can run it up our arses and pick the exact right time to pass. Constantly being 2nd and 1 is a tough position for any defense