My top Free Agents to target under Quinn

exciter

Reaction score
Keanu Neal

Maye was rumored to be priority #1 for the Jets. Could change with a new coach.

But I believe Maye and Simmons are out of our price range
Lol! What’s our price range? Word here in Louisiana is that Marcus Williams is going to get 14 to 15 annually!

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
The cap and Dak's contract will obviously affect what we will ultimately do in free agency, but now that we have Quinn confirmed as the DC, these are the free agents we could target to help get his defense off the ground.

I like what we have at DE & I really do not see any great options out there for LB, so I focused on 1T, 3T, & FS where I think we need the most help:

DL
Shelby Harris
Dalvin Tomlinson
Poona Ford
DaQuan Jones
Roy Robertson-Harris

FS
Marcus Maye
Justin Simmons
Marcus Williams
Poona Ford has looked like solid depth with potential to be a starter

Roy Boertson-Harris was good at UTEP, but developed A LOT in the NFL. Only 27... I always saw him as a slightly faster, more athletic Margus Hunt. I'd always love to see a UTEP guy w/ Dallas :)

FS is slim pickings. I think a CB that moves to FS could be possible. The older ones: Richard Sherman or Josh Norman. Younger ones: Michael Davis (LAC), Vernon Hargreaves (HOU), SIdney Jones (JAX)

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
How do you think Romo would have looked if they threw him out as a rookie? DiNucci should have never been put out there.

A hell of a lot better than DiNucci did. I was embarrassed for him. That side arm delivery looked awful.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't really agree at CB. If they re-sign Chido, Sherman's their #4.

I feel like someone is going to overpay Awuzie in FA and with our cap constraints we aren't going to be able to match.

conner01

Reaction score
LOL.

FAs.
I don’t see how we could add very much in FA
I’m hoping teams are tight and aren’t throwing big money around and we can get a couple guys on short term deals who want to hit market again next year
But we need a home run draft

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Has Keanu Neal fully recovered from his ACL injury ? he's been hampered with injuries.
Ditto ex-1st rd pick S Malik Hooker (Indy) whose recovering from achilles injury I believe and i'm betting Indy lets him go in FA.

yeh, Stephen is not going after a high priced vet safety - likely path is a bargain based vet safety (ala Clinton Dix) or drafting a safety in the mid rounds.

:oops:

Thats what pisses me off... why sign these bottom feeding FA guys if they are going to wind up stocking fertilizer and mulch at the local Home Depot by the end of training camp if not before. ? They need to use one of their 3rd round picks at the latest on that FS. Every year they're stuck with a converted FS getting their arse handed to them in the secondary. If X Woods is there this coming season, :facepalm::thumbdown:

Kwmike22

Reaction score
The cap and Dak's contract will obviously affect what we will ultimately do in free agency, but now that we have Quinn confirmed as the DC, these are the free agents we could target to help get his defense off the ground.

I like what we have at DE & I really do not see any great options out there for LB, so I focused on 1T, 3T, & FS where I think we need the most help:

DL
Shelby Harris
Dalvin Tomlinson
Poona Ford
DaQuan Jones
Roy Robertson-Harris

FS
Marcus Maye
Justin Simmons
Marcus Williams

I think we trade for Grady Jarrett. He dominatinated us.

calicowboy54

Reaction score

DL
Shelby Harris
Dalvin Tomlinson
Poona Ford
DaQuan Jones
Roy Robertson-Harris

FS
Marcus Maye
Justin Simmons
Marcus Williams

Mine:
DL:
4/5T Roy Robertson-Harris - 6'7 295 OR Adam Butler - 6'5 300
1T Austin Johnson - 6'4 315 OR Poona Ford 6'0 320

DB:
FS Marcus Williams 6'1 200 OR Sean Davis 6'1 202 OR Earl Thomas (headache)
CB Michael Davis 6'2 196 OR Awuzia 6'0 202 OR Brian Poole 5'10 215

I don't think you need to sign all of these but you need to come out of FA with a CB, FS, NT and another DT/DE (Crawford retiring)

Non of these guys are going to break the bank all are ranked on PFF pretty high Or higher than who they would be replacing. It helps you take BPA in the draft.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Sounds along the lines of Dontari Poe.

Thomas has nothing left and teams know it.

If Dallas tries to count on him ill be upset. I don't think they will.

There's count on him, and there's bring him to camp. We weren't counting on Aldon, but we brought him in. Still wonder what happened with him. First game was a monster, first few were great, than just tailed off for the rest of the season. The last six games had the same total tackles and sacks as game 1.

On Thomas having nothing left, that was never the speculation with anyone that I can remember. Had a down but good year by the standards of mere mortals in 2019. I think he was put at SS and said to be freelancing. Just not on the same page. Should be a better fit for Quinn.

J-man

Reaction score
LB is not the biggest need on defense.

DT or S is.

I don't disagree at all that DT and S are 2 huge needs for this team. So is upgrading CB.
But LB can absolutely be counted on that list as well.

Lee is done and most likely retiring.
LVE is good, but injury prone to say the least. With his neck issues, there's a chance he may never be the same.
Jaylon in the right role can be good. But in the wrong role is a liability.

The back ups are nothing to get excited about.
Gifford is a jag.
Benard was an undrafted rookie. I do have hopes for him but at this point, you can't count on anything.
Thomas and March are both ok, but both FA's.

quickccc

Reaction score
Thats what pisses me off... why sign these bottom feeding FA guys if they are going to wind up stocking fertilizer and mulch at the local Home Depot by the end of training camp if not before. ? They need to use one of their 3rd round picks at the latest on that FS. Every year they're stuck with a converted FS getting their arse handed to them in the secondary. If X Woods is there this coming season, :facepalm::thumbdown:

Coincidentally Late Night Hype Show pod cast crew have suggested signing 32 yr old Richard Sherman (who may not return to Niners) and then converting him to FS - much like we saw guys like Charles Woodson, Aneas Williams, and Rod Woodson converted to FS late in their careers, to not only extend their declining careers, but rejuvenate an weak spot on their respective teams.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
This just isn't true, the Cowboys are just horrible at it.

The Chiefs won a Super Bowl (and may again) with a lot of guys that played for other teams. Three from the Cowboys.

Chiefs
WR Sammy Watkins
C Austin Reiter
RG Andrew Wylie
G/T Mike Remmers
T Mitchell Schwartz
LG Kelechi Osemele
RB Le'Veon Bell
LB Anthony Hitchens
LB Damien Wilson
DB Tyrann Mathieu
CB Breeland Bashaud

Trades
FB Anthony Sherman
DE Frank Clark
CB Charvarius Ward
I'll give you credit, you put a lot of effort into that post. And perhaps you are right. I would argue that MOST teams are horrible at it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You do understand how the cap works right? Jerry has nothing to do with it. He'd spend all the $ in the world to get all the top players in Dallas. The cap forbids rich teams like Dallas from doing this.

Yes Jones did that before the cap and bought Dallas 3 Super Bowls.