My Trade: Our Entire Draft + Romo for Reggie Bush!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Michael88Irvin said:
If Houston does not take Reggie, I think Nawlins would take that deal for the #2 pick

If we actually needed a RB... I still wouldn't do that trade.

But a) we don't need a RB, and b ) that's way too much to give up for a player, even if we did need him.

What about trading up about that far for AJ Hawk or D'Brickashaw Ferguson?

DallasKen

Reaction score
Michael88Irvin said:
If Houston does not take Reggie, I think Nawlins would take that deal for the #2 pick

I don't think trading your entire draft for one player ever makes sense. Even if that player turned out to be the greatest player in NFL history, one player does not make a team. And it certainly doesn't mean you would win the super bowl even if you had him.

Crazy88

Reaction score
If we did that it could possibly come out as the craziest and most rediculous draft in history given the fact of what we lose/other holes to fill/what if he gets injured during training camp to name 3 reasons why this suggestion would be ludicrous.

Read the articles on www.dallascowboys.com regards each break down by position of team needs. It might just make u think twice dude :lmao:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Michael88Irvin said:

I agree this guy has superstar potential...

Don't know about the trade though

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
JUliius JOnes, Marion Barber, Tyson TYmposon.

any of those guys ring a bell???

Those were the players guys on here were there hissy fits, because one was better than the other and bla bla bla. And you wanna trade an entire draft for another RB???? Wow you talk about Ricky williams part II. Last time i checked the Saints diddnt do to well with that one now did they?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
This ain't baseball dude, one player doesn't make THAT much of a difference. The Saints tried it before and got nowhere with it.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
I've said it once I'll say it again, Reggie Bush, is the only player I would ever consider trading up for in this draft. Really it's just laughable the suggestions of us trading up for anybody else, especially a freakijng olinemen or a olb, I mean come on they could never have an impact like Bush could have from his position. RB and QB are like the only positions you ever trade that far up for imo. And you do that very-very seldomly. Reggie Bush is one of those rare individuals that you might possibly consider doing it for though. Noone else in this draft is even close to the consideration. Reggie Bushs may only come around once a decade though.

But not the entire draft for this. Unless of course we also package one of our RBs already on the roster to someone else for a pick or two. Julius might warrant a 2nd or a 3rd round and maybe a second day pick. Yea I'm not against this trade scenerio, with Julius and a couple of other hand chosen backups we could recoup most of this draft and do a trade like this. Julius for a couple of picks. Ellis for a couple of picks. Drew Henson for a second day pick. Keep Romo, sign a vet backup. It would be worth it for a blue-chipper like Bush.

Bush would instantly make our OLine look better too. And talk about the pressure his escapability would put on defenses- between him and Owens it really could be like the glory days again. But you're dreaming if you think Jones can be that guy. Besides I wouldn't even want him if he could do half of that, he's too injury prone and you never really know which Julius you're going to get from week to week.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Reggie Bush is a once in a life time player and he will be a Texan unless they really are stupid!

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Michael88Irvin said:

Thats too much to give up for just one prospect that has not played a single down in the NFL. I would say that 'the Pres' has a very good chance to be special, but I would not give that many picks up. I don't even know that I would consider it if I thought we were just one RB away from a Superbowl victory. The problem is we have too many holes that still need to be filled in this draft to contend in either this season or next.

CalMor

Reaction score
Rack said:
What about trading up about that far for AJ Hawk or D'Brickashaw Ferguson?

Would go for Ferguson. Not sure if Hawk is what some think he is. When I see him play it kinda reminds me of a guy that played for the Sooners and was drafted by the Seahawks.

DandyDon

Reaction score
Zippy Speedster said:
I've said it once I'll say it again, Reggie Bush, is the only player I would ever consider trading up for in this draft. Really it's just laughable the suggestions of us trading up for anybody else, especially a freakijng olinemen or a olb, I mean come on they could never have an impact like Bush could have from his position. RB and QB are like the only positions you ever trade that far up for imo. And you do that very-very seldomly. Reggie Bush is one of those rare individuals that you might possibly consider doing it for though. Noone else in this draft is even close to the consideration. Reggie Bushs may only come around once a decade though.

But not the entire draft for this. Unless of course we also package one of our RBs already on the roster to someone else for a pick or two. Julius might warrant a 2nd or a 3rd round and maybe a second day pick. Yea I'm not against this trade scenerio, with Julius and a couple of other hand chosen backups we could recoup most of this draft and do a trade like this. Julius for a couple of picks. Ellis for a couple of picks. Drew Henson for a second day pick. Keep Romo, sign a vet backup. It would be worth it for a blue-chipper like Bush.

Bush would instantly make our OLine look better too. And talk about the pressure his escapability would put on defenses- between him and Owens it really could be like the glory days again. But you're dreaming if you think Jones can be that guy. Besides I wouldn't even want him if he could do half of that, he's too injury prone and you never really know which Julius you're going to get from week to week.
He ain't THAT great!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
actually if Houston would do that, it'd be a mega steal for us if you look at the points chart...our entire draft is around 1600 pts, Romo is probably worth a mid to late rd pick at best...the 1st pick is worth 3000 pts

Houston would never do that deal though

David

baj1dallas

Reaction score
That wouldn't be enough to move up that far regardless. You'd have to give up next years first rounder, too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mike Lynn once pulled off a trade several players for 1 and helped Dallas win a championship. Mike Ditka once traded all his draft picks in New Orleans for 1 player who now is in Miami. I have yet to see a multi-player trade work out for the team giving up many players for the 1. I think Bush is a good player who has a chance to be a great player in the NFL but I see no player out there worth giving up your entire draft

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only way I make a deal like that is for a sure thing, all of fame QB. Those don't exist.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
It's funny that we discuss 'New Orleans' and 'trading an entire draft' in the same sentence. Kind of ironic if you think about it.