My Trade: Our Entire Draft + Romo for Reggie Bush!

sporadic

Reaction score
Shelf life for RB's are too short now to pick them that high...you can get good/great RB's almost anywhere in the draft. Drafting Bush would make no sense for Dallas...we already have a stable of quality backs - that's why the pick makes no sense for Houston either - throwing aside Bush's "versatility" (if they EVER have Bush returning kicks and punts it will solidify my position that the Texans are the most ignorant franchise EVER - substitute the BEST return man in the entire NFL for Bush...an AVERAGE return guy, statistically, in COLLEGE). If you trade up you trade up to take your next franchise QB (whose initials are V.Y.). V.Y. is the guy who comes around once in a lifetime, not Bush.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Michael88Irvin said:
If Houston does not take Reggie, I think Nawlins would take that deal for the #2 pick

I say no... why? because we could get a whole lot of other players that could stop Reggie Bush... plus we already have runningbacks... Not bad thinking though..

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I say no... why? because we could get a whole lot of other players that could stop Reggie Bush... plus we already have runningbacks... Not bad thinking though..
You're joking right?

Derinyar

Reaction score
Lets see a whole draft for a guy whos going to have an somewhat gimicky offense designed around him. I'm still not sure I wouldn't rather have White over Bush.

Of course I'm a person who likes having a RB that can put away a team after you get the lead.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Jeez...people act like Bush is as good as Payton/Barry/Emmitt. He's good but he's not as good as those guys!

Derinyar

Reaction score
Tass said:
Jeez...people act like Bush is as good as Payton/Barry/Emmitt. He's good but he's not as good as those guys!
Its called sportscenter. Most of these guys, even the experts, probably don't watch that much more than they see on sportscenter. Some of them do, and those are the guys who are usually much more right than others.

sporadic

Reaction score
No way he is even close to Barry or Emmitt...he may be the third best back to come out of San Diego...I definately put Marcus Allen ahead of him and possibly Ricky Williams (off the pipe, of course). Durability is the main concern with a pure speed guy....why leverage an entire draft for someone who will probably be replaceable in 4 years?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
There's actually nothing wrong with trading your entire draft, especially when you don't even have all 7 picks, for a HOF/ProBowl superstar.

Just look at some of our drafts...we have had years where we thought we'd done very well, only to see a few years later that only 1-2 players were even still on our team...I'm sure that's true of everyone.

Would I trade last year's draft class for any 1 player in this year's draft? HELL NO.

But I would trade several other draft classes for 1 great player.

Of course, the tricky part is that no one ever guarantees any player will be a superstar...still, those who immediately dismiss the notion should take a look at the players on our roster from several different pathetic draft years.

spindoc

Reaction score
We would be laughed at for that offer. It's not nearly enough for the first or second pick. And, there are players worth an entire draft, especially if you have a poor draft. The key is having an crystal ball.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Michael88Irvin said:
If Houston does not take Reggie, I think Nawlins would take that deal for the #2 pick
Don't understand why someone would give up that much for 1 player who has not proven 1 thing in the NFL.

And if you did get Bush, I hope he can play FS/OLB/OG/WR/NT.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Not even if all we needed was a running back....unless we take DeAngelo Williams but then I'm biased :laugh1:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
There's actually nothing wrong with trading your entire draft, especially when you don't even have all 7 picks, for a HOF/ProBowl superstar.

Just look at some of our drafts...we have had years where we thought we'd done very well, only to see a few years later that only 1-2 players were even still on our team...I'm sure that's true of everyone.

Would I trade last year's draft class for any 1 player in this year's draft? HELL NO.

But I would trade several other draft classes for 1 great player.

Of course, the tricky part is that no one ever guarantees any player will be a superstar...still, those who immediately dismiss the notion should take a look at the players on our roster from several different pathetic draft years.

I agree.

RESIN8

Reaction score
CalMor said:
Would go for Ferguson. Not sure if Hawk is what some think he is. When I see him play it kinda reminds me of a guy that played for the Sooners and was drafted by the Seahawks.

That guy on the Seahawks was a roider too.

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
Michael88Irvin said:

:lmao2: :laugh1: :lmao:

i cant believe you....:laugh1: :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao: :laugh1:

vicjagger

Reaction score
I'm going to repeat the points of some other posters, in a slightly different fashion.

If New Orleans agreed, they would have to consider Romo the equivalent of a first round pick in the 14-15 range. To trade w/ Houston, they'd have to believe he was equal to pick 7 or 8. Our entire draft is only equivalent to pick 7, maybe 6 at the most.

Thus all the :lmao: :laugh1: :ralph: responses.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Michael88Irvin said:

Hey is this Danny Snyder, we do not need your draft wisedom. Just be fortunate that you beat us twice. Go back and troll ES.

:lmao2: