My Updated Cowboys' Mock Draft

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
1. Manny Lawson DE/LB NCST- If he's here I don't see how we can pass up on him. He would be a perfect compliment to Ware and give Dallas and awesome pass rush.

2. Taitusi Lutui OT/OG USC- He's a natural G but can play OT too. His weight is a problem but if he can keep it in check, he should do very well. Has the talent to start from day 1, but will make an excellent backup until a spot opens up for him.

3. Pat Watkins FS Florida St.-Has the size and speed to cover some ground. Has good ball-hawking abilities but he also enjoys to come up and lay the hammer on ball carriers as well.

5. Marques Colston WR Hofstra- Big, strong kid with good speed. Excellent leaping ability, and he's not afraid to go over the middle. Should be a good ST player while he's waiting for his chance to shine.

6. Anthony Schlegel ILB OSU- Excels against the run and can also rush up the middle fairly well. He can get off of blocks and uses he excellent lower body strength to avoid getting pushed out of the play.

7. Montavious Stanley NT Louisville- Coming off of a torn pec, he falls rather far. Has the strength to play over the center, but came to Louisville as a DE. He has the ability collapse the pocket and get into the backfield rather often but can also take up blockers.

Any comments/suggestions. I feel the scenario is much better than the last one that I posted.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
cowboysfan31 said:
1. Manny Lawson DE/LB NCST- If he's here I don't see how we can pass up on him. He would be a perfect compliment to Ware and give Dallas and awesome pass rush.

2. Taitusi Lutui OT/OG USC- He's a natural G but can play OT too. His weight is a problem but if he can keep it in check, he should do very well. Has the talent to start from day 1, but will make an excellent backup until a spot opens up for him.

3. Pat Watkins FS Florida St.-Has the size and speed to cover some ground. Has good ball-hawking abilities but he also enjoys to come up and lay the hammer on ball carriers as well.

5. Marques Colston WR Hofstra- Big, strong kid with good speed. Excellent leaping ability, and he's not afraid to go over the middle. Should be a good ST player while he's waiting for his chance to shine.

6. Anthony Schlegel ILB OSU- Excels against the run and can also rush up the middle fairly well. He can get off of blocks and uses he excellent lower body strength to avoid getting pushed out of the play.

7. Montavious Stanley NT Louisville- Coming off of a torn pec, he falls rather far. Has the strength to play over the center, but came to Louisville as a DE. He has the ability collapse the pocket and get into the backfield rather often but can also take up blockers.

Any comments/suggestions. I feel the scenario is much better than the last one that I posted.
You my friend, are a genius. I love everything on your board, fantastic job.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
cowboysfan31 said:

That would be an excellent draft.

Not likely to happen though.

ghst187

Reaction score
cowboysfan31 said:

I could handle that draft no problems..love the Schlegel and Stanley picks
although I'd prefer to:
2) change Lutui to FS Jason Allen
3) Davin Joseph
Add a 4th rounder: WR Jennings

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cowboysfan31 said:

hate Latui in any round to be honest...he's more of a guard for the NFL and he's a major threat to eat himself out of the league...he doesnt have the feet to play either tackle spot in the pros...I'm not opposed to drafting a guard, but barring injury they are not going to start this yr...I would look at guard more on the 2nd day...OT is another story however, and I wouldnt be surprised if we pick one of those early on day one because Adams is coming off ACL, Fabini a season ending injury and Petitti/Tucker are stiffs

David

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboysfan31 said:

I'll take this right now and call it good. Very nicely done.

tm1119

Reaction score
i like it but as someone above said id rather have a FS in round 2 that will start and pick the O-Line in the 3rd that is going to be a backup. If whitner or Simpson are still available(wich i doubt) then we get them but if not Allen.

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
Watkins would be an excellent value in the 3rd round, although I think other safety-challenged teams like OAK, ARI, and SF might look at him in the 2nd round after the initial slew of FS's like Simpson, Allen, etc. goes.

neosapien23

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
hate Latui in any round to be honest...he's more of a guard for the NFL and he's a major threat to eat himself out of the league...he doesnt have the feet to play either tackle spot in the pros...I'm not opposed to drafting a guard, but barring injury they are not going to start this yr...I would look at guard more on the 2nd day...OT is another story however, and I wouldnt be surprised if we pick one of those early on day one because Adams is coming off ACL, Fabini a season ending injury and Petitti/Tucker are stiffs

David

Don't like him either. I would would rather have Max Jean Guilles who carries his weight well or a tackle like Jon Scott.