My Updated Mock Draft

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
It's late and I'm bored so I feel like playing around with this again.

1a. Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma- McFadden would be nice but with the way the Browns are playing I don't see us being in a position to select him. TO is aging and inconsistent, and Glenn's better years are behind him. I like Crayton, but I think that he's best at being the #3 WR. Kelly has everything that you could ask for in a WR: Great size, above-average speed, and hands like glue. He could become the go-to guy in big D for many years to come.

1b. Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State- In a draft stocked with quality CBs, the talent is stretched deeper. Jenkins has the size (6'1"208) and speed (supposedly has ran a 4.3 40) to matchup well against the top WRs in the NFC East. Jenkins has a lot of starting experience against some pretty good teams and WRs, and he excels at man-to-man coverage. This is a steal right here IMO.

2. Frank Okam NT Texas- Big DTs have had a recent history of falling in the draft due to questionable work ethic, lack of a consistent motor, and ability to disappear at times. I think that Okam is going to follow this path and drop right here for us, but with a healthy Ferguson back and the hopeful emergence of Tank Johnson this is a risk that is worth taking for us.

3. Dantrell Savage RB Oklahoma St- I really do like JJ and feel that he is underrated by alot of people, but somebody is going to offer him more money than what he's worth. Savage is a homerun threat everytime he touches the ball, rarely loses yardage on a play, and has good hands out of the backfield. This is the lightning to MBIII's thunder.

4. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee St- This kid is very thin, but he's got the speed to hang with just about anybody, adjusts well to the ball once it is in the air, and isn't afraid of contact. It also helps that he's a monster on special teams.

5. Matt Spanos OL USC- He's got the size and attitude to fit right in on our OL. He is playing C this year, but has also played at G and T in the past so his versatility is a big plus.

6. Jameel McClain OLB/DE Syracuse- Who do we really have behind Spencer and Ware? Ellis is pretty much a straight-ahead rusher right now, and it appears that both Burnett and Carpenter will primarily be ILBs in Wade's defense so that leaves who? Justin Rogers. McClain has spent time at both OLB and DE in college so his adjustment time should be shorter. He has a nose for the ball and his speed allows him to get into the backfield quickly.

7. Dexter Jackson WR Appalachian St- Small school version of DeSean Jackson. Even though he is from a small school and has faced subpar competition for the most part, he really showed up on the big stage against Michigan to begin the season. He's a threat everytime he touches the ball both on offense and on special teams. He could really open some eyes in post-season workouts and at the combine.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
No developmental QB drafted? Johnson's a stop gap and I'm not sold on Bartell. I'd like to see us draft a QB in the 4th-6th round range. Flip Jenkins & Kelly, looks good.....