MySa Blog: Leonard Davis on the move

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VENTURA, Calif. - Look for a story from yours truly in tomorrow's Express-News on the anchors of the Cowboys massive, talent-laden offensive line - left tackle Flozell Adams and right guard Leonard Davis, a pair of Pro Bowl picks last season.

One of the more interesting things that's been said about the duo at camp came from Wade Phillips, who reported that Adams actually arrived at camp under his playing weight and that offensive coordinator Jason Garrett plans to pull Davis more. The former UT standout has great speed and agility, and Phillips admits they didn't fully take advantage of it last season.

"Leonard is a real football player that can dominate in a lot of areas," Phillips said. "He has that great size and frame, but he also has really good agility and movement. We found that's what he can do besides just dominating a defensive tackle. He can pull and help us on off-tackle players and even outside plays."

If I'm a cornerback the last thing I want to see is Davis leading the way for Marion Barber. Even if you somehow manage to dodge Davis, which is highly unlikely considering he carries nearly 360 pounds on a 6-foot-6 frame, you still got to deal with The Barbarian.

Talk about a nightmare.

Comments [0 Posted]: Read - Post

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
My neighbor has a cute little Chihuahua dog named Preciosa. Every time she sees me she comes running to say hello and just pees a stream she is so excited.

I understand.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2176771 said:
If I'm a cornerback the last thing I want to see is Davis leading the way for Marion Barber. Even if you somehow manage to dodge Davis, which is highly unlikely considering he carries nearly 360 pounds on a 6-foot-6 frame, you still got to deal with The Barbarian.

Talk about a nightmare.

Comments [0 Posted]: Read - Post

I get a headache just thinking about it. Bigg is coming through!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see if he can give me flashbacks of big Larry pulling and destroying defensive players.:D

cowboys2233

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2176771 said:
If I'm a cornerback the last thing I want to see is Davis leading the way for Marion Barber.

Asante Samuel is going to ***** his drawers!

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Bigg provides the "chip" block and then MB runs your butt over!! LOL

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2176783 said:
Let's see if he can give me flashbacks of big Larry pulling and destroying defensive players.:D
Greg Lloyd.

One of my favorite Cowboys moments ever. :bow:

sago1

Reaction score
Maybe opposing players might begin getting another form of Larry "Allenitis" called "biggitos", meaning ill just before a game when due to face Leonard "Bigg" Davis.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
sago1;2176806 said:
Maybe opposing players might begin getting another form of Larry "Allenitis" called "biggitos", meaning ill just before a game when due to face Leonard "Bigg" Davis.

Illness: Biggitos

Primary symptom: Drawer fudging

:moon: :nono2:

Bizwah

Reaction score
Ok...the title of this thread gave me a heartattack!

I thought we had traded him or something!

Allen pulling was, in the words of Howie Long, "frightening".

But Erik Williams could've been even better.

Anyone remember how he blocked a 49er (I think) player so hard the guy's leg broke under the stress of the block?

I also remember an Eagle player taking a cheap shot at Aikman after the play. Man, 79 totally abused the guy all day after that.

He was never quite the same after the car crash. If that hadn't happened, wow....our OL would've been unstoppable.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I wanna see him lay somebody out this season. I hope its samuel. "Welcome to the NFC East."

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
we did it during the chicago game

http://i43.***BLOCKED***/albums/e390/KoRnKiD05/Bigg-Hit-on-Bear.gif

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Hostile;2176775 said:
My neighbor has a cute little Chihuahua dog named Preciosa. Every time she sees me she comes running to say hello and just pees a stream she is so excited.

I understand.
I'm pretty impressed you knew how to spell her dogs name perfectly.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
the kid 05;2176839 said:

That vid sums up Julius Jones perfectly -- he was falling down before he even got hit. That guy is a serious *****, there are just no two ways about it.

Bizwah

Reaction score
the kid 05;2176839 said:

Wow....that's scary.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the kid 05;2176839 said:

Ricky Manning got pancaked.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Hostile;2176850 said:

thats an understatment.

watching Bigg do that to Manning jr was like watching a bull rider get slammed down by a bull

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2176845 said:
That vid sums up Julius Jones perfectly -- he was falling down before he even got hit. That guy is a serious *****, there are just no two ways about it.

Seriously? You don't see the guy that hit his legs then the two others that come in for the tackle? I understand that everyone hates JJ at this point, but that is just a silly statement.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Hostile;2176850 said:

You've got to give him credit though, he stuck his head in there! :laugh2:

There is just no excuse for that weak running attempt by Julius though -- I get angry looking at that and he's not even on the team anymore. :laugh2: