MySa Blog: Leonard Davis on the move

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2176862 said:
Seriously? You don't see the guy that hit his legs then the two others that come in for the tackle? I understand that everyone hates JJ at this point, but that is just a silly statement.

Yeah, I saw a guy make a weak attempt at his legs and then I saw Julius just kind of fall down without making an ounce of effort to keep his balance. He just kind of dove forward. He was well on his way to the ground before the two defenders behind him made any contact whatsoever.

Sorry, that was incredibly weak.

That's the difference between JJ and MBIII -- JJ expects to get tackled, MBIII expects to keep on trucking!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2176845 said:
That vid sums up Julius Jones perfectly -- he was falling down before he even got hit. That guy is a serious *****, there are just no two ways about it.

watch it again, a guy wraps up his legs...kinda hard to keep "trucking" when you loose your tires...and that should be an infraction as your by passing the censor

cowboys2233

Reaction score
the kid 05;2176875 said:
watch it again, a guy wraps up his legs...kinda hard to keep "trucking" when you loose your tires...and that should be an infraction as your by passing the censor

Hey, I just added an "s" by mistake...

...just like you added an "o" to "lose"...by mistake. Calling mine an infraction without doing the same to yourself would also be a discriminatory practice. :laugh2:

I'm not sure what you're looking at regarding JJ -- he was not wrapped up by any stretch of the imagination. It's likely he wouldn't have made it much further, because the guys behind him were bearing down, but that doesn't excuse his weak attempt at staying upright.

the kid 05

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2176879 said:
Hey, I just added an "s" by mistake...

...just like you added an "o" to "lose"...by mistake. Calling mine an infraction without doing the same to yourself would also be a discriminatory practice. :laugh2:

I'm not sure what you're looking at regarding JJ -- he was not wrapped up by any stretch of the imagination. It's likely he wouldn't have made it much further, because the guys behind him were bearing down, but that doesn't excuse his weak attempt at staying upright.

difference is mine isn't by passing a censor that this board has...

watch the image you see a Urlacher come at an angle and take out Jones's legs...you keep saying you can't see it...keep pulling your biasness someday it will work for you

cowboys2233

Reaction score
the kid 05;2176886 said:
difference is mine isn't by passing a censor that this board has...

watch the image you see a Urlacher come at an angle and take out Jones's legs...you keep saying you can't see it...keep pulling your biasness someday it will work for you

I said it was a mistake adding the extra "s." You can't prove it wasn't, particularly in light of the fact that you added an extra "o" to "lose." Sorry to dissappoint you. See? I added an extra "s" again! :laugh2:

We'll agree to disagree on the JJ tackle, I have a feeling a lot of posters would agree with me and a lot would agree with you. Guys like MBIII and Adrian Peterson would mock that weak attempt at a tackle and keep on running!

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
http://i43.***BLOCKED***/albums/e390/KoRnKiD05/Bigg-Hit-on-Bear.gif

You can see #96 gets a clean shot into JJ's right ribs before he lunges forward. I always disliked how he ran up the back of our own players. See here, he is using Davis as his landing pad. Why not lung more to his left to prevent friendly fire?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2176902 said:
You can see #96 gets a clean shot into JJ's right ribs before he lunges forward. I always disliked how he ran up the back of our own players. See here, he is using Davis as his landing pad. Why not lung more to his left to prevent friendly fire?

I dunno, I think regardless of whether #96 hit him, that knee was going down. It might not be the best example of JJ just falling down without a real reason to, as I'm sure there are hundreds of examples to choose from. :laugh2:

Ashwynn

Reaction score
the kid 05;2176839 said:
we did it during the chicago game

Holy crap thats a great block. I bet # 24 for the bears is still hurting. Inagine that on a regular basis. Man, I am getting so freakin excited.

the kid 05

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2176895 said:
I said it was a mistake adding the extra "s." You can't prove it wasn't, particularly in light of the fact that you added an extra "o" to "lose." Sorry to dissappoint you. See? I added an extra "s" again! :laugh2:

We'll agree to disagree on the JJ tackle, I have a feeling a lot of posters would agree with me and a lot would agree with you. Guys like MBIII and Adrian Peterson would mock that weak attempt at a tackle and keep on running!

your right i can't prove it it was an "accident" or if you did it on purpose but fact remains mate you did it.

I have a feeling alot of posters would take both sides...but im willing to be 99% of them dont get a rats tail as hes not on the team yet almost every julius jones subject that comes up you peak your little head and state the same ol' same ol' yet this time theres proof his legs were wrapped...let me wrap up your legs and lets see how well you keep running...willing to bet you'll say you'd do better then he would

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2176866 said:
Yeah, I saw a guy make a weak attempt at his legs and then I saw Julius just kind of fall down without making an ounce of effort to keep his balance. He just kind of dove forward. He was well on his way to the ground before the two defenders behind him made any contact whatsoever.

Sorry, that was incredibly weak.

That's the difference between JJ and MBIII
-- JJ expects to get tackled, MBIII expects to keep on trucking!

No, the difference between the two is balance. MBIII has exceptional balance, and JJ had none. That combined with vision is the difference between the two backs.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
the kid 05;2176927 said:
your right i can't prove it it was an "accident" or if you did it on purpose but fact remains mate you did it.

I have a feeling alot of posters would take both sides...but im willing to be 99% of them dont get a rats tail as hes not on the team yet almost every julius jones subject that comes up you peak your little head and state the same ol' same ol' yet this time theres proof his legs were wrapped...let me wrap up your legs and lets see how well you keep running...willing to bet you'll say you'd do better then he would

Dude, are you obsessed with me or something? I'm hardly alone in my criticism of JJ, nor do I think I've been particularly unfair or biased in my assessment of him. So this whole "peaking" (I assume you added an "a" instead of an extra "e" for my benefit) is just some weird stuff.

And if you tried to wrap up my legs, you catch my knee upside your head right before you passed into a state of unconciousness because I run right through arm tackles, baby! :laugh2:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2176932 said:
No, the difference between the two is balance. MBIII has exceptional balance, and JJ had none. That combined with vision is the difference between the two backs.

Disagree. Some of the cuts he made when he was in his first year (or whenever playing the Seahawks) took extraordinary balance. I agree on the vision thing, but it's because JJ was too busy lowering his head trying to brace for the shock of getting tackled.

Who really gives a flying **** how you break it down? JJ is one weak-*** runner, and that's all there is to it.

Shady12

Reaction score
I believe Davis played middle linebacker in 6 man football in high school..talk about athletic. I'm surprised he wasn't better as a tackle considering how well he moves for being a behemoth.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Reminded me of callers calling into complain here in the Bay Area about how 'slow' Larry Allen is and I thought, gee they don't remember the LA I do

burmafrd

Reaction score
LA in his prime (1997-2001) was probably the best O lineman in the game.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
the kid 05;2176839 said:
we did it during the chicago game

Great clip and great article. I believe that Leonard Davis will prevail and I have to say bravo to Wade Phillips for utilizing someone of LD talents. I would like to see flozell adams at the RG position, I believe he would excell, because he wouldn't have to move much, and he's stationary blocking so he's getting his hand on the player that's ahead of him.

I would like to see Pat McQuistan get some playing time.

the kid 05

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;2177391 said:
Great clip and great article. I believe that Leonard Davis will prevail and I have to say bravo to Wade Phillips for utilizing someone of LD talents. I would like to see flozell adams at the RG position, I believe he would excell, because he wouldn't have to move much, and he's stationary blocking so he's getting his hand on the player that's ahead of him.

I would like to see Pat McQuistan get some playing time.

who would start at LT?