MySa Blog: Romo expects few points

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
December 04, 2008

Romo expects few points

Could we see a 14-10 game Sunday at Heinz Field?

It wouldn't surprise Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.

With forecasts calliing for temperatures in the low 30s and a 40 percent chance of snow showers, it's doubtful there will be a aerial circus when the Steelers and Cowboys clash. And when you throw in the fact both defenses are hot, it seems likely the combined point total won't exceed 40.

"The combination of the team, the scheme, personnel and conditions is what makes (Heinz Field) a difficult place to go play and win, especially this time of the year," Romo said. "We're going to do what we can to prepare. Guys from Wisconsin (Romo's home state) will have a little bit better opportunity to be ready for the weather. But I think it's going to be hard. It's going to be a very difficult game, and it's going to be tough to move the ball and to score points. But we feel confident in what we can do."

Comments [0 Posted]: Read - Post

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Going against the NFL's #1 defense in a blizzard = probably not a good day for Cowboy fantasy owners sans MB3

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi;2460552 said:
Going against the NFL's #1 defense in a blizzard = probably not a good day for Cowboy fantasy owners sans MB3
I've got Romo, but I got a playoff bye week, so this doesn't hurt me.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2460555 said:

Good for you -- bad for next week's opponent. Romo is going to light up the Giants secondary like a Christmas tree.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Great attitude, Romo needs to keep everybody focused and positive.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If this makes our passing game a little more conservative that might be a good thing. I think we cost ourselves 7-14 points against the Seahawks being too aggressive.

CoCo

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2460555 said:

I've got Tony too, but I have no bye. My backup is Kerry Collins and I only have 1 more waiver wire pickup I can use.

I think I'm going to stick with Tony regardless. These things aren't always predictable.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
This game has all the elements for a low scoring, sloppy game, so yes, it isn't hard to see 14-10 type of a game.