MySa Blog: T.O. discusses Cowboys nicknames... Jerry Gets It

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
T.O. discusses Cowboys nicknames

OXNARD, Calif. - Turns out that Terrell Owens was the one who tagged receiver Sam Hurd "Noodles" as a rookie.

That's "Noodles" as in he was so skinny his body would bend every which way when he got hit.

Owens also revealed yesterday that he and the other receivers have taken to calling undrafted rookie Mark Bradford "Brains" because he's got a big head and is a Stanford alumnus.

Not one to use cliches, T.O. says he likes to call rookie back Felix Jones, Felix "My Dog" Jones.

Owens also gets a kick out of calling third-year receiver Miles Austin "Nick Folk," who, of course, is the Cowboys Pro Bowl kicker.

"He did look like Nick Folk at the beginning of camp, because he was a little pale," Owens said. "We were standing around right before we went to meeting rooms and (receives) coach (Ray Sherman) was talking to us, and I just saw (Austin) out of the corner of my eye and didn't see who it was and I thought it was Nick, so I was like, "Nick what are you (doing here). But it was Miles. everybody got a little chuckle out of that too."

So what's Owens' nickname?

"T.O. That says it all," he said.

Comments [0 Posted]: Read - Post

Jerry 'gets it'
OXNARD, Calif. - Ross Greenburg, president of HBO Sports, can't get enough of the Cowboys.

And who can blame him? In terms of understanding the benefits of embracing the media, is there a better franchise in all of pro sports?

That's why Greenburg is talkiing about having the Cowboys on "Hard Knocks" again next season and has also had a conversation with Jerry Jones about a possible series on the team during the season.

"When you put yourself on national television in this kind of forum, it's going to create a lot of fan interest and expand your celebrity," Greenburg told me today. "Jerry understands that. He gets it. He's always been that way. He just understands that you have to be an open book. And that you can win championships that way too."

Too bad the Spurs and other pro franchises aren't following the Cowboys lead. Our local team is way too guarded when it comes to the media. In the long run, that can only hurt a franchise.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
There is going to be a lot more hatred to embrace if we do a full season Hard Knocks next year. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tomson75;2176525 said:
There is going to be a lot more hatred to embrace if we do a full season Hard Knocks next year. :D
Doesn't it just make your sticker peck out?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Hostile;2176528 said:
Doesn't it just make your sticker peck out?

Heck yeah it does....and living in Commanders territory makes it even sweeter.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2176520 said:
T.O. discusses Cowboys nicknames

OXNARD, Calif. - Turns out that Terrell Owens was the one who tagged receiver Sam Hurd "Noodles" as a rookie.

Owens came up with the "Marion the Barbarian" moniker for MBIII -- and that makes him the king of all nicknamers.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Cable just needs a 100% Dallas Cowboys channel that is broadcast to the world without any special packages. It would be bigger than HBO! :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2176536 said:
Owens came up with the "Marion the Barbarian" moniker for MBIII -- and that makes him the king of all nicknamers.

Is that his new nickname? :laugh2:

Dorsettfan4life

Reaction score
nyc;2176545 said:
Cable just needs a 100% Dallas Cowboys channel that is broadcast to the world without any special packages. It would be bigger than HBO! :laugh2:
Agreed....Can we start a petition!!!:starspin

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
FOL378021.jpg
AUS467198.jpg

I can see how TO would get confused. I can't even remember what order I posted their pics.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2176520 said:
Too bad the Spurs and other pro franchises aren't following the Cowboys lead. Our local team is way too guarded when it comes to the media. In the long run, that can only hurt a franchise.

Maybe from a publicity standpoint, but S.A.'s multiple championships in the last few years would suggest otherwise.

And we're still looking for our first playoff win in a looong time. It's nice to say, but we haven't proven that you can have your cake and eat it too -- at least not recently.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
nyc;2176545 said:
lol did we not have that and then they made us cancel it cause the NFL called it unfair?

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
tomson75;2176531 said:
Heck yeah it does....and living in Commanders territory makes it even sweeter.

Packer territory here! With a Super Bowl ontop of it, could be the sweetest thing ever!

gambit187

Reaction score
Man i long for them Military days, when my crew would call me Camden, or Dirty Jerzey

Now people just call me ****** ......I kid, I kid

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;2176545 said:
I would be in heaven.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQcowboyJR;2176999 said:
lol did we not have that and then they made us cancel it cause the NFL called it unfair?
It wasn't broadcasted everywhere though.