Nahshon Wright

DFWJC

Reaction score
Theres perspective.
While almost everyone has this guy as a 7th rounder at best, We found someone who loves this guy way more than anyone else.....as 4th rounder!

So we take him in the 3rd.

I will say this; the players fits what Quinn looks for with length and speed.

I’ve never been the in camp where just because consensus boards say a a guy is a 7th rounder or UDFA, you don't go grab him in 6th if you really like him.

But in the 3rd?

But hes a Cowboys, so hope for the best!

Last edited:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I have no problem taking a guy you really like a round early. But really hard to accept a guy that likely would have been there in the 6th being taken in the third.

But yes, there are some specific types we are are seeing picked. What is funny is the guys we picked in FA don't really fit the same mold.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I think the problem with him might be he did not have a lot of medium exposure because of where he played. Oregon St is on the West Coast and there is not a lot of TV exposure so a lot of us including me said Who? and I live in PAC 10 country. Hopefully he will turn out to be a player for us.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think the problem with him might be he did not have a lot of medium exposure because of where he played. Oregon St is on the West Coast and there is not a lot of TV exposure so a lot of us including me said Who? and I live in PAC 10 country. Hopefully he will turn out to be a player for us.
If he played fir Portland St, I might agree.
He plays in the Pac 12
Every minute if every game is scouted

Creeper

Reaction score
He's tall. He runs okay. So take him. Oh, wait. 31" vertical and 6 reps. Not exactly strong and explosive. Someone is really reaching big time here.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This pick has Quinn's name all over it. Remember the Legion of boom had Sherman and Brower as their 2 starting corners, both were huge with great length. Another former wide receiver, most possess high level ball skills which will translate playing on the other side of the football.

Bluefin

Reaction score
But in the 3rd?
Way earlier than expected for a 'who the hell is that?' selection.

But that's the draft. There are surprises in every round, every year.

Dallas obviously likes the potential of Nahshon Wright and didn't feel comfortable that he would still be on the board for them in round 4.

Bigdog

Reaction score
If he played fir Portland St, I might agree.
He plays in the Pac 12
Every minute if every game is scouted
I get your point but I am talking about the media scouts, not the professional scouts. Many of us get our info form guys like Kiper, McShay, Jeremiah who can’t scout everybody thoroughly.

Gaede

Reaction score
Good thread from Owning

I get the fit. I'm even warming up to the guy. But I get the feeling we got a little too cute here.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Not defending the pick... we shall see. But the media "scouts" tend to feed off each other. It becomes a circular information stream. Really when Kiper elevated the DT, Nixon, to a 1st round grade? Suddenly all of these guys had Nixon high on their boards. Now Nixon is still available for the 4th round.

The media guys never picked up on Wright. That doesn't mean the clubs had him as a late-round or PFA. It just means the media guys never pushed him up. Tony Pauline, a pretty connected guy, had him in Round 4. I saw a couple people had him as an ascending prospect.

None of this is to say what kind of player he will be. But there is no compelling evidence he would have lasted much longer than the Dallas pick. He might have gone soon to another club.

The media guys do a good job, but they always miss some legitimate prospects. Recall how Seattle got hammered when they drafted Bobby Wagner?

Verdammung

Reaction score
I went ahead and watched him first because I could only find one game of his (Washington). He's not all terrible; if you can give a guy a grade off of one game (which you can't really), I'd gauged him at about a 5th round value.

A major issue I see is his measurables. If all you look at is his height & 40 time, you're probably really impressed. If you look at everything else, he really tested poorly.

I've heard Dane Brugler had him as a 7th round prospect, and I concur that's about the range he should have gone.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Looks like he could be a killer on the fade route in the endzone?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Good thread from Owning

I get the fit. I'm even warming up to the guy. But I get the feeling we got a little too cute here.

He wont even see the field this year. If ge does that means people got hurt.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I went ahead and watched him first because I could only find one game of his (Washington). He's not all terrible; if you can give a guy a grade off of one game (which you can't really), I'd gauged him at about a 5th round value.

A major issue I see is his measurables. If all you look at is his height & 40 time, you're probably really impressed. If you look at everything else, he really tested poorly.

I've heard Dane Brugler had him as a 7th round prospect, and I concur that's about the range he should have gone.

3 cone and short shuttle are very mediocre...I think off all the picks this is the biggest heard scratcher for me.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not defending the pick... we shall see. But the media "scouts" tend to feed off each other. It becomes a circular information stream. Really when Kiper elevated the DT, Nixon, to a 1st round grade? Suddenly all of these guys had Nixon high on their boards. Now Nixon is still available for the 4th round.

The media guys never picked up on Wright. That doesn't mean the clubs had him as a late-round or PFA. It just means the media guys never pushed him up. Tony Pauline, a pretty connected guy, had him in Round 4. I saw a couple people had him as an ascending prospect.

None of this is to say what kind of player he will be. But there is no compelling evidence he would have lasted much longer than the Dallas pick. He might have gone soon to another club.

The media guys do a good job, but they always miss some legitimate prospects. Recall how Seattle got hammered when they drafted Bobby Wagner?

I kind of bought into the hype with Nixon early, then backed off the more that I looked at him.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Theres perspective.
While almost everyone has this guy as a 7th rounder at best, We found someone who loves this guy way more than anyone else.....as 4th rounder!

So we take him in the 3rd.

I will say this; the players fits what Quinn looks for with length and speed.

I’ve never been the in camp where just because consensus boards say a a guy is a 7th rounder or UDFA, you don't go grab him in 6th if you really like him.

But in the 3rd?

But hes a Cowboys, so hope for the best!
Let's remember this was a comp 3rd round pick
Which is basically an early 4th rounder.