Name one player you wish had been a Cowboy

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The simplest one is TJ Watt

Aaron Donald is a bit more complicated, in that would mean we don’t have Zack Martin, as opposed to Watt meaning we don’t Taco.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Peyton Manning

The player who could have taken a mediocre HC in Garrett and an idiot owner to a SB and won

To be fair, Manning was the #1 overall pick and we never had a shot at him. The other guys mentioned like Moss, Montana, Marino ect were players we took a pass on.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The simplest one is TJ Watt

Aaron Donald is a bit more complicated, in that would mean we don’t have Zack Martin, as opposed to Watt meaning we don’t Taco.

Donald was not on the board when we picked. So, I don't consider that an error on par with Moss or Montana who were sitting right there for the taking.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Moss only because I think Aikman wouldn't have struggled at the end of his career and I think Carter/Moss combo would have worked and the Cowboys wouldn't have gave up so many picks for Galloway.

Right behind him would have been Tony Gonzalez.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This team is probably better from 2005-2009 if Dallas picks Steven Jackson instead of Julius Jones.
Gil Brandt's fault we picked Julius over Steven Jackson. He fessed up to that error a couple of years ago, he really had no choice when the war room video was released.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Didn't we pass on Montana to draft Doug Cosbie?

I'd take Montana, Rice, and Randy Moss. Would love to have Aaron Donald in the present day.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Homer Jones. With him and Bullet Bob, we would have won the first 3 SBs ;)

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I was so excited when he came back and he has them boys playing with heart. I just had a feeling they would win it after Miami scored last week. I think in a year or two we will really see what Mack does with this team in full effect.

Agree, recruiting is rolling. Seems like Larry was robbing the university without a gun, Larry along with the former OU QB Sam Bradford should be on the FBI most wanted list for the money they stole. They both put John Dillinger ashame.

visionary

Reaction score
To be fair, Manning was the #1 overall pick and we never had a shot at him. The other guys mentioned like Moss, Montana, Marino ect were players we took a pass on.

Question was

Name one player you wish had been a Cowboy

That’s my answer to 23 years of mediocrity

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of QB talent from Texas end up being drafted out of state. I wish the Cowboys could have drafted one that got out of state in college when he became a Purdue Boilermaker. Playing his high school football at Westlake where he led his team to a Texas 5A state championship, I'm talking about none other than Dallas born, Drew Brees.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wrong.

His records will never be even threatened. Most consistent receiver of all time.

Twice as many yards as Michael Irvin.

33 more touchdowns than Emmitt Smith.

224 more receptions than 2nd place.

Averaged 15 yards per reception.

Played 20 seasons.

Won three Super Bowls.

Nobody else is even close.
Absolutely right I am. Greatest wide receiver not even close to the greatest player

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Wrong.

His records will never be even threatened. Most consistent receiver of all time.

Twice as many yards as Michael Irvin.

33 more touchdowns than Emmitt Smith.

224 more receptions than 2nd place.

Averaged 15 yards per reception.

Played 20 seasons.

Won three Super Bowls.

Nobody else is even close.

Bah..... I'm not saying he wasn't great. But I don't give him the love others do.
Had both Montana and Young as QB's in a west coast offense
Got to play in great weather year round. Dome in Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Fran, and Dome in New Orleans
Got to play arguably the worst 3 teams twice a year forever
Atlanta
Rams
Saints
Had a genius head coach, and 2 of the best QB's to ever play the game. And his team was always STACKED with talent everywhere.

Again.... is the guy a stud? Yes... but people give him the GOAT title and I've never bought it....
Look at Fitzgerald... plays on godawful teams year in and year out. (Other than the kurt warner couple of years), and just keeps putting up numbers. Better hands than Rice too.

romonumberone

Reaction score
Jerry Rice.

Randy Moss

Steven Jackson

TJ Watt

The last 3 I was watching the draft and just freaking out. I did not know they biffed the Rice thing until years later.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Randy Moss.

My dad was stationed in England so I was overseas monitoring the draft on dial-up internet and a six or seven hour time difference.

Was highly disappointed to see “Greg Ellis” pop up on the screen.

Where at in England?

But I agree, Randy Moss is the big miss for me. Greg Ellis was solid and a good player. But to pass on a great player, at a position of need, is just....

erod

Reaction score
Bah..... I'm not saying he wasn't great. But I don't give him the love others do.
Had both Montana and Young as QB's in a west coast offense
Got to play in great weather year round. Dome in Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Fran, and Dome in New Orleans
Got to play arguably the worst 3 teams twice a year forever
Atlanta
Rams
Saints
Had a genius head coach, and 2 of the best QB's to ever play the game. And his team was always STACKED with talent everywhere.

Again.... is the guy a stud? Yes... but people give him the GOAT title and I've never bought it....
Look at Fitzgerald... plays on godawful teams year in and year out. (Other than the kurt warner couple of years), and just keeps putting up numbers. Better hands than Rice too.
He didn't have Montana and Young.

Montana and Young had him.