Name the Worst Hollywood Remakes of Good Movies

SlammedZero

Reaction score
M. Night Shamalamadingdong is the worst. I don't know how he's able to keep making movies. The 6th Sense was his only decent film. After that, I watched The Village, which was so dumb, I never watched another one of his movies again.
I never got to see The Sixth Sense in the way it was meant to be seen.

Around the time that movie came out, I was at a house party having a good time. The movie comes up in conversation between a couple of us guys. We are conversing that we heard it was good and want to see it. Just about that time, here comes a stupid drunk girl stumbling over to us as she yells out "I can't believe Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!". We were all sitting there looking at her like "did you SERIOUSLY just do that". So yeah, from the first time I ever saw that movie I knew he was dead. Major bummer.

Also, I kind of didn't hate The Village. :grin:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Speaking as a furry, my worst remakes by far would be Lion King and Pinocchio. Lion King was one for which I had high expectations. However, it wasn't quite what I had in mind. For example, the scene in the Elephant Graveyard was one that I thought diminished the original point of the scene. I felt the scene where Nala chased Timon and Pumba was overplayed. The scene where the message to Raffiki when Simba was with Timon and Pumba was overplayed.

As for Pinocchio, absolute disgrace! The only saving grace, imo, was Honest John. The lessons that were supposed to have been taught in the first one were completely expunged. I found the scene where Pinocchio was in the cage was disgraceful as it completely distracted from the lessons. Oh, and the scene on Pleasure Island was poor.

I seriously hope they don't do a remake of Robin Hood. The original Disney version was fantastic!
I didn't hate the new Lion King, but I do think they missed out on an opportunity to make (what could have been) a wonderful remake. My daughter LOVED the 1994 movie growing up (let's be honest, I do too lol), so I've seen it about 546,000 times. I almost know it by heart. Every single change, from both the plot updates to trivial details from the original, just really jumped out to me. The biggest disappointment to me was seeing that they completely changed/missed so much of the original dialogue (especially some of the funny lines). That really knocked it down the most for me. Too bad too because it was visually fantastic.

Edit: Dang, now I'm going to have to watch the original this week. :laugh:

kskboys

Reaction score
I didn't hate the new Lion King, but I do think they missed out on an opportunity to make (what could have been) a wonderful remake. My daughter LOVED the 1994 movie growing up (let's be honest, I do too lol), so I've seen it about 546,000 times. I almost know it by heart. Every single change, from both the plot updates to trivial details from the original, just really jumped out to me. The biggest disappointment to me was seeing that they completely changed/missed so much of the original dialogue (especially some of the funny lines). That really knocked it down the most for me. Too bad too because it was visually fantastic.
So you have seen the pic in the clouds!!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Edit: Dang, now I'm going to have to watch the original this week. :laugh:

That's pretty much right. I was very disappointed in that for that reason.

ESisback

Reaction score
No interest whatsoever in video games or Disney cartoons, but the kids sure did enjoy The Lion King in the 90’s. James Earl Jones!

quickccc

Reaction score

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never got to see The Sixth Sense in the way it was meant to be seen.

Around the time that movie came out, I was at a house party having a good time. The movie comes up in conversation between a couple of us guys. We are conversing that we heard it was good and want to see it. Just about that time, here comes a stupid drunk girl stumbling over to us as she yells out "I can't believe Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!". We were all sitting there looking at her like "did you SERIOUSLY just do that". So yeah, from the first time I ever saw that movie I knew he was dead. Major bummer.

Also, I kind of didn't hate The Village. :grin:
Do not blame alcoholism. Her stupidity existed before she got drunk.

quickccc

Reaction score
And how many Carrie and Invasion of the Bodysnatchers reboots do we have. ?

:muttley:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The two most recent Ghostbusters movies have been 5-10 minute test drives for me before immediately changing the channel.