Name the Worst Hollywood Remakes of Good Movies

triplets_93

Reaction score
My only negative about Ibris is he already 50. I'd still enjoy seeing him as Bond, but I'd prefer a younger person that can put together at least a 3 movie arc.
Well... Keanu Reeves was already 50 when he did the first John Wick film was released. Now you think about that..

kskboys

Reaction score
I think they should remake Titanic, but change the ending. Having the ship sink is so cliché. This time have the ship rescued by space aliens who are able to lift it into the air and bring it to New York. It will be great.
Hey, they could replace the real Titanic w/ a fake one and robot bodies that test as real bodies while the people who were supposed to die go live on the alien planet so as not to bring on the butterfly effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I think they should remake Titanic, but change the ending. Having the ship sink is so cliché. This time have the ship rescued by space aliens who are able to lift it into the air and bring it to New York. It will be great.
...and don't forget: the Captain is female now who has called the Aliens herself since the cannot fail and just hit the Iceberg on purpose to kill alot of white old men (too many on this world anyway) and to test how long the band would play before leaving their posts. The band is amazonian native now by the way.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fdtQtie.jpg

Now I have turned your Titanic dream into a Titanic nightmare...

jH1.gif

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
...and don't forget: the Captain is female now who has called the Aliens herself since the cannot fail and just hit the Iceberg on purpose to kill alot of white old men (too many on this world anyway) and to test how long the band would play before leaving their posts. The band is amazonian native now by the way.
Great idea. The Captain will be a lesbian woman who says all the time: "Check your privilege." People will love that. That's exactly why people pay their hard-earned money to go see a film. That want to be preached to, and the heck with any good story.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yellow alert reminder before a sub-discussion goes over an edge that it should not be skirting:

As a member of CowboysZone, you must agree to the following rules:

#5 - You will not post racist, race-baiting or sexually insensitive discussions or comments.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
They could remake the titanic movie by putting all the top guys that were opposing the federal reserve on it and sinking them

joseephuss

Reaction score
Well... Keanu Reeves was already 50 when he did the first John Wick film was released. Now you think about that..
Good point. The last couple of movies I've seen Elba in he moved like a typical guy in his 50s, like me. It is just a personal preference and one I do not need to be met. I still would welcome him to be Bond and watch every one he makes. There are some other good options as well. And probably a lot of bad choices, too.

gtb1943

Reaction score
George Takei, who played Sulu in ST:TOS, was adamant that his character not be re-written/updated as a gay character. He said the original character he played was a straight male, and that any re-boot should remain faithful to the original character.
He got some real heat for saying that. But fanatics are never satisfied; which is why you should never pander to them.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
My gripe is changing a character to appease certain militant groups in the pc, “all inclusive” sort of way—gay Superman, female Bond, etc., etc.
I don’t have a problem with the side characters modernized, the World has changed a lot and some of these classic characters are very old. But yes, it bugs the heck out of me when they do it to a main character. And it does no good trying to defend your point with someone who says otherwise because you’ll be labeled everything in the book. Sometimes it just matters too. Someone like James Bond with Idris Elba doesn’t matter to me because there have been so many people who made that character their role that I think the only factor that matters is dude is slick and has the British accent. Main thing I would question on that is how is Elba any younger than Daniel Craig? I thought the whole point was to get younger and last another 20 Years.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with the side characters modernized, the World has changed a lot and some of these classic characters are very old. But yes, it bugs the heck out of me when they do it to a main character. And it does no good trying to defend your point with someone who says otherwise because you’ll be labeled everything in the book. Sometimes it just matters too. Someone like James Bond with Idris Elba doesn’t matter to me because there have been so many people who made that character their role that I think the only factor that matters is dude is slick and has the British accent. Main thing I would question on that is how is Elba any younger than Daniel Craig? I thought the whole point was to get younger and last another 20 Years.
there is MODERNIZED and then there is pandering to the mob. Which happens all too often in Hollywood now.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Speaking as a furry, my worst remakes by far would be Lion King and Pinocchio. Lion King was one for which I had high expectations. However, it wasn't quite what I had in mind. For example, the scene in the Elephant Graveyard was one that I thought diminished the original point of the scene. I felt the scene where Nala chased Timon and Pumba was overplayed. The scene where the message to Raffiki when Simba was with Timon and Pumba was overplayed.

As for Pinocchio, absolute disgrace! The only saving grace, imo, was Honest John. The lessons that were supposed to have been taught in the first one were completely expunged. I found the scene where Pinocchio was in the cage was disgraceful as it completely distracted from the lessons. Oh, and the scene on Pleasure Island was poor.

I seriously hope they don't do a remake of Robin Hood. The original Disney version was fantastic!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
All the Disney live action versions of cartoons

Agreed, the only one that was decent, imo, was maybe Jungle Book, but I wasn't a fan of the change that they made to Kaa. I felt that Kaa was lacking what made him special in that film.