NASCAR - Cowboy Car

mocowboyfan

Reaction score
Does anyone know what ever happened to the plan for a NASCAR Dallas Cowboy car? I heard talk about it last year and thought it was planned for 2005 - but it may have been 2006. Last I heard Troy Aikman was involved. Anyone know anything about it?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mocowboyfan said:
Does anyone know what ever happened to the plan for a NASCAR Dallas Cowboy car? I heard talk about it last year and thought it was planned for 2005 - but it may have been 2006. Last I heard Troy Aikman was involved. Anyone know anything about it?

Troy and Roger are still in the process of getting the team together as well as the sponsors. They have also been getting some help from Jack Yates Racing and should be ready to go full time in 2006. I really will not be suprised to see Hall Of Fame Racing with a car in some of the races later this season.

k19

Reaction score
Its actually Rick Hendrick that is suppose to be helping with Hall Of Fame racing. The project was been delayed, according to Aikman.com.

"Hall of Fame Racing is still moving forward although suffering some set backs and tragedies. Our alliance partner and friend Rick Hendrick and his family have suffered an unimaginable loss of family and friends with the crash of a team airplane. Our thoughts and prayers are constantly with everyone in the Hendrick family. Our team attracted a world class sponsor in 2004 and we thought we would be on the track in 2005. We then found out that our sponsor would be prohibited from participating in NASCAR because of a conflict with the Nextel sponsorship of the Cup series. We were extremely disappointed but understand the position of Nextel. We feel our associate sponsorship is relatively assured if we can secure our primary sponsor. The cost of racing these days is not insignificant and there are just so many companies which can make the kind of expenditure necessary to be a primary sponsor. We are in talks with several organizations and expect to have something secured for the 2006 season. Hall of Fame Racing is committed to entering the sport with enough money to compete at the highest level. For that reason we won’t cut corners or try and do a half way program. There is a possibility of us entering the Busch series first. The team is working hard on making our collective goal a reality. We just need a few bounces of the ball in our favor. We’ll keep you posted with our progress."(

I heard an interview with Troy last year sometime that almost made it sound like it may not happen. I remember him saying he thinks NASCAR is in more trouble then people think with the rising costs of running a car and the lack of sponsorship because of the high costs. He also said something to the effect of expqanding to much too quickly and that when the bubble burst it wouldnt be pretty

A full history of news on the team can be found at

Jayski's Silly Season Site

Jayski's is one of the best sites around for Nextel insider info