Nate Burleson on Dak-Pay him!

BlueStar22

Reaction score
He didn't have to make the Tom Brady salary comments last week, could have just said that his new contract was between the team and his agent to deal with. But he didn't. He opened this can of worms. Like it or not, now he has to deal with the fallout from it.

Don't like the people talking about it myself, but no national commentators we talking about this before Dak himself said what he said.
He was asked the question, right?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
They are not exactly the same but yes, they are similar quarterbacks. Tebow was a much better passer in college than Dak largely because of the system and talent he had around him... conversely, if Dak was drafted by say, the Browns he would already be a backup in the AAF.
They are not similar at all.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t advocate a Rodgers like deal or even a cap killing Romo contract but 5-110 sounds good to me.

He probably said the same thing about Cousins and Alex Smith too.

It’s rare to find a player or ex-player speak negatively when it comes to a guys contract.

As a fan though I want what is best for the team and paying Dak money he is not worth is not what is best for our team.

I’d rather bring Tony Romo back and when he hangs it up again draft another QB. He’s younger then Breese and the time off probably did his body some good.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am expecting him to get paid good money. I don’t see any starting QB in the league signing a contract that’s less than the last QB that’s signed. The money only goes up or stays the same if we are lucky. No starting QB watches a competitor get signed 25 million and then wants to sign a 20 million a year contract. There may be a few million leeway. He can’t expect brady or rogers type money.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

It’s rare to find a player or ex-player speak negatively when it comes to a guys contract.

As a fan though I want what is best for the team and paying Dak money he is not worth is not what is best for our team.

I’d rather bring Tony Romo back and when he hangs it up again draft another QB. He’s younger then Breese and the time off probably did his body some good.
Can you stop with the Romo lovefest already? Romo is not coming back. Even if he could, he wouldn't physically make it past September without suffering another broken bone of some kind. Enough already.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Can you stop with the Romo lovefest already? Romo is not coming back. Even if he could, he wouldn't physically make it past September without suffering another broken bone of some kind. Enough already.

My idea is great and instantly improves the pass game with a far better QB that would probably come cheaper.

Flamma

Reaction score

Yeah if Dak wants 25-30 mil a year let some other team pay him that. Any takers? Miami? Cinci? Good luck. Just because the Cowboys don't have another great option as of right now shouldn't mean we break the bank on the current one. He's not an elite QB, Dallas would be nuts to pay him elite money. We could probably go 10-6 and lose in the first round with Bridgewater at 1/10 the cost.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yeah if Dak wants 25-30 mil a year let some other team pay him that. Any takers? Miami? Cinci? Good luck. Just because the Cowboys don't have another great option as of right now shouldn't mean we break the bank on the current one. He's not an elite QB, Dallas would be nuts to pay him elite money. We could probably go 10-6 and lose in the first round with Bridgewater at 1/10 the cost.

Bridgewater was a guy I wanted to bring in last year, at the very least, for some competition behind Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
My idea is great and instantly improves the pass game with a far better QB that would probably come cheaper.
SMH

Dak is not going anywhere. Will you be ok when Jerry gives him a new $25 mil/season contract this offseason?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dude, given the protection is there we could bring in Fitzpatrick and instantly improve the passing game.

I agree.

Go get Fitzpatrick and sell out in the first round of the next couple drafts to get one of these talented passers.

Or just tank next season, get rid of Garrett, and try to draft Tua, Herbert, or someone else that may potentially rise.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If he gets 25 a year then we are lucky considering some are getting 30 now. When our O-Line is healthy next year then no one will have a problem with it.

Why do you think this? I don't believe this at all.

Flamma

Reaction score
I agree.

Go get Fitzpatrick and sell out in the first round of the next couple drafts to get one of these talented passers.

Or just tank next season, get rid of Garrett, and try to draft Tua, Herbert, or someone else that may potentially rise.

I agree. I would get a vet QB that is so so just to move things along until we get the QB we like. Pay him accordingly. Dallas has done this in the past.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Who else will comment on Dak this week?

Cris Carter, Whitlock, Burleson... who else am I missing?
:lmao2:

Better yet. Which Zoner will post about it?! We should have a Poll. :lmao:

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If he gets 25 a year then we are lucky considering some are getting 30 now. When our O-Line is healthy next year then no one will have a problem with it.

If things didn’t go perfect for Dak when he had no impact on the salary cap why do you think it will when he’s eating more space then anyone on the team?