Nate Bussey - Illinois

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is a guy that is off the radar a bit. I know that the Chargers and the Bears are looking at him as a SS and the Steelers and the 9ers are looking at him as an OLB.

He's pretty interesting. He's from the D.C. area, played QB at Dunbar. Illinois offered him as a Sophomore. He started out as a DB, played special teams but was eventually moved to OLB when Illinois suffered injuries. He's played at OLB for two seasons. If you look at him as a LB, then he's not going to be very impressive. However, I'm looking at this guy and I can't help but see a little Darren Woodson in him.

He's 6'1 228 Lbs, his 40 times are 4.47 and 4.58 for an average of 4.51. His 20 is 2.68, 10 is 1.51. He did 16 reps at 225. Vert is 35 1/2, his broad is 10'01", 20 yard shuttle is 4.28 and his 3cone was 6.84.

Last year, he recorded 83 total tackles, 48 solo, 35 asst, 1 sack, 1 INT.

If you compare him to the top SS prospects in this draft, his numbers blow them away. I seriously thinking that he might be an excellent prospect in the lower rounds. I don't know that he will go undrafted so it's possible that you might have to use a pick on him. He is very, very interesting to me.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Great find. But can he cover. SS has to cover almost as well as the FS now.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
jobberone;3909326 said:
Great find. But can he cover. SS has to cover almost as well as the FS now.

He started as a DB. I mean, I don't know how good his coverage skills are since he has played LB for two season but a guy like this, who has this kind of athleticism, can play special teams and can tackle has got to be worth a late round pick.