Nate Kaeding sucks

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care if it is a rainy preseason game. As a pro placekicker, you can't miss three straight field goals from basically the same area and range of the field.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
He is NOT a bad kicker.

Go ahead and get rid of him on your FF league team.....I'd pick him up in a heartbeat.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's damn embarrassing. Ryan Longwell kicks a 53 yarder.

VirusX

Reaction score
He's a great kicker but he's young and in a slump.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
VirusX said:
He's a great kicker but he's young and in a slump.

They made mention of it, but I started thinking of that missed kick he had against the Jets after he missed the second one. He's a good kicker, but I'd almost lay money that's still in his head.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Thats 4 in a row he missed if you count the one against the Jets. Cundiff ever miss 4 in a row?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
0-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50+ FGM FGA LNG
1-1 9-11 2-2 5-6 3-5 20 25 53

Those are his 2004 season numbers. That looks pretty solid to me. Only missed 5 kicks all year. I wish we had someone who sucks as much as him. :eek:

Little Jr

Reaction score
1-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50+ Tot lng PCT
1-1 9-11 2-2 5-6 3-5 20-25 53 80.0

Not bad. I think it might be a mental thing now.

Edit

Sorry bdc. You beat me to it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bottom line is this guy is a good kicker and he was kicking in less than ideal conditions.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Everyone wants to hang Cundiff out to dry, when he probably would have made those kicks. Kaeding costs his team the playoffs and a preseason game, missing 4 consecutive kicks and he's good? Maybe he's another Norwood.

PaEagleHater

Reaction score
Kilyin, your key word there is probably. I am not looking to hang cundiff out to dry, he can stay wet as long as we can get a better kicker. Like I said before Keading, is leaps bounds and 40+yd field goals better then Cundiff. He had a bad game, that's every game for cundiff he attempts a longer field goal.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
At least Kaeding can kick the 40+ yarders....8 for 10 last year on 40+ yarders.....how many times have we had to punt or go for it due to the lack of leg strength of our kickers.

Go back and watch the tape if you don't know.

Deacon Moss

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
At least Kaeding can kick the 40+ yarders....8 for 10 last year on 40+ yarders.....how many times have we had to punt or go for it due to the lack of leg strength of our kickers.

Go back and watch the tape if you don't know.

Cundiff is more than adequate, and leaps and bounds better than Keading. The kick he missed against the Jets was more than makeable and the conditions were ideal, plus it cost them a playoff game!!!

At this point it is all mental with him, he's a young guy...maybe he'll develope into a solid kicker one day, who knows, but if I were Maryt Schottenhiemer I would be running outta patience with him, and would be looking to bring some other kickers into camp asap!!!!

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
Kaedin lacks the concentration and confidence that Longwell has. I like how longwell was gettign ready and had the look of a guy that craved the chance and not dreading it like Kaeding. That was a hell of a kick by Longwell especially after the ice by Marty.