Video: Nate Newton and deep insights whats occurring

Flamma

Reaction score
He's right. But all of it has already been said in here. He said we lose when down by 14. It's pretty much 2 scores. I think we've lost every game down by 2 scores barring 1 or 2 for the past 3 years. The only one I can remember is against Philly, at home, against their backup QB, back in 2022.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
... .. You guys know Nate from Dallas super bowl era. I heard his take on, Hanging with the boys segment.

Blows me away, how insightful he is. Something I would never have thought of.

Starts at 16:54.

I somewhat agree with Nate, but the problem starts in practice. Our Oline, plus TEs lined next to them, are not being prepared anywhere correctly to get their bodies, minds and physical endurance to improve on their run blocking or even dominate the line of scrimmage. I guarantee you I could make this Oline, plus TEs, better at run blocking. Give me a 7 man sled with a plank stretched behind it so me and 2 water boys can stand on it while pushing these "blockers" to improve.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ITS THE OL COACH AND HIS OUTDATED SYSTEM.
Not to mention, you will never have a successful running game until you back. some people up and make them cover the 10 to 20 yd. zones.
We must attack with 4 and 5 wides and Dak has to throw into tight coverage 10-20 yds deep.
McCarthy needs to GO!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ITS THE OL COACH AND HIS OUTDATED SYSTEM.
Not to mention, you will never have a successful running game until you back. some people up and make them cover the 10 to 20 yd. zones.
We must attack with 4 and 5 wides and Dak has to throw into tight coverage 10-20 yds deep.
McCarthy needs to GO!
[/QUOTE

It's the OC who has the play book and then he blocks the way the play is run, we need new plays badly, hand it up the middle all game that's boring!! Can we do a zone run, have guards pulling or something my gosh

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These guys are a team they've been traveling together and getting fired together for quite a number of years.
I don't know how McCarthy and company can watch film of the attack at the end of the game last week, versus their normal stuff they roll out. yet continue to roll it out. Boggles, my mind.

These defenses are sitting on this dink, and dunk stuff, and somebody is going to get hurt soon.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Nate is largely right here. The other piece I would add to the equation is that when you throw it 40+ times a game you get your OL beat up and you keep the DL fresh and energized. Often times teams will start out with ineffective run games but it gets better as the game moves on as your OL fires off the ball and gets some shots in on the defense. Its like a boxer getting in those early body shots to wear down the opponent to set up the big blows in later rounds. Dropping back into pass pro all day is a defenders dream as they get to play the role of the bully all day with no threat of getting punched back.

I look back at the Monday night game between Washington and Cincinnati. Yeah that game was all about the QBs making plays, but both teams used the run game to supplement their offense well. Washington didnt rack up huge yards, but stayed stubborn with it and ran the ball more than they threw it. Cincinnati had a pass heavy attack, but has guys who can pick up chunk yards on the ground averaging over 6ypc.

The Cowboys have a talent issue when it comes to running the football, but they still have to do it, you just cannot allow yourself to be a one dimensional offense in this league.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
... .. You guys know Nate from Dallas super bowl era. I heard his take on, Hanging with the boys segment.

Blows me away, how insightful he is. Something I would never have thought of.

Starts at 16:54.

He is the only reason i watch HWTB. He always has valuable insight.

I recommend this show for everybody. Easy listening but still some good infos to get or opinions to listen to.
Sometimes Jesse Holly can get really annoying. He has usually not much meaningfull to say but loves to hear himself talk. And he does that a lot.

Still all guys are really sympathic.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nate and Jesse ALWAYS nail it. I trust their opinion more than most. This game is won and lost UP FRONT. Martin is washed thus far. It aint the same guy. That said, like the guys said, they don't get a chance to improve the run because the D is SO DANG BAD. I trust MM but not Zimmer and the players on D as constructed. They ARE not NFL caliber. Micah could be all world, If he is our leader we in trouble... but he is a mental midget. By mid year I see Jerry making big changes.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't know h ow they practice or what they practice. But I know their run blocking is awful. When people complain we didn't sign Henry or Saquon, or this guy or that guy, I laugh because none of those guys can run if there are no holes to run through. Henry would get to the line and get stones if he played in Dallas. He ran for 150 against Dallas because of the huge holes he had to run through. If you let a guy like Henry get 5 yards before he is touched, the chances are he is going to break some tackles and make big plays. That's his game. But with Dallas? He'd get him on the LOS and maybe carry a couple of guys for 3 yards.

These two things were a problem last year and they are a problem this year. The offensive line is not getting the job done. Period. The defense is not getting off blocks and getting to the ball. It is that simple.

JBS

Reaction score
Definitely. He has quietly been avoiding scrutiny, but he has not brought any real improvement to the OL
He’s the only person I’ve been talking about since last year ended. Nothing was ever going to change w him still being employed