Video: Nate Newton and deep insights whats occurring

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nate saying running backs wouldn't fix the run game. I wonder who said that on here. Hmmmmm
i said it and i keep saying it , MM is the issue.. this is an ultra-conservative plain O and we saw this at the first part of last year as well.. it's obvious he doesn't know how to do the running back rotations and misuse of Turpin and Vaughn and not wanting to bring up Cook, i don't get this.. we need change there MM demoted as PC and elevate Shotty but in the end allow latitude to Dak to call his own plays.

this lack of aggression all the calls seem to be under 10 yards and behind the LOS its juts bad..when you are losing your games and falling behind and never challenge taking the top off defenses and staying with run game under 3 ypc for the game and al those sideline short there's a lot behind the LOS its time to make change, but if you need more proof look at what happened in game 1 the 2nd half up big, opportunity to work on the run game in the second half. throwing it all 3rd qtr ? huh .

but defense its the issue let's stay focused no run game is helping you score 40 to win a game..

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
He’s the only person I’ve been talking about since last year ended. Nothing was ever going to change w him still being employed
Agreed. MM and the whole staff needed to go IMO. The only coach I would have pushed to stay was Al Harris

shabazz

Reaction score
I guarantee you I could make this Oline, plus TEs, better at run blocking. Give me a 7 man sled with a plank stretched behind it so me and 2 water boys can stand on it while pushing these "blockers" to improve.
I'm gonna have to see the video of this to believe it. :muttley:

My version would have been me and 2 Dallas Cheerleaders on the plank but that's just a minor change

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't know h ow they practice or what they practice. But I know their run blocking is awful. When people complain we didn't sign Henry or Saquon, or this guy or that guy, I laugh because none of those guys can run if there are no holes to run through. Henry would get to the line and get stones if he played in Dallas. He ran for 150 against Dallas because of the huge holes he had to run through. If you let a guy like Henry get 5 yards before he is touched, the chances are he is going to break some tackles and make big plays. That's his game. But with Dallas? He'd get him on the LOS and maybe carry a couple of guys for 3 yards.

These two things were a problem last year and they are a problem this year. The offensive line is not getting the job done. Period. The defense is not getting off blocks and getting to the ball. It is that simple.
i can tell you how you practice it,

you use a big lead in the 2nd half of game 1 to run the ball 15-20 straight calls and work on the run game.. that how!! instead our bright OC/PC/HC goes pass happy!!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Saquan avg 3.9 ypc last year. He's above 5 now. What changed? :facepalm: I know this won't get answered with any logic by the way
I think it's safe to say you guys are both correct. The Oline hasn't been great and neither has the talent behind them. It's just a recipe for the disaster we are currently witnessing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Saquan avg 3.9 ypc last year. He's above 5 now. What changed? :facepalm: I know this won't get answered with any logic by the way
but first of all we're only three games into the season let me know at 17 what his average is..a 17 game avg is what they go by , not the 3 games played//sure hes better, mostly because the OL and scheme is working a bit better BUT again no way to tell how his average will turn out until 17 games are played.

its like Noah Brown had b2b games last year over 150, how the rest go LMSA..Funny how thta works when you allow all games to be played before making full debates and judgement calls.. that CMC was sure great last year, hows he is doing this year, oops hes out , SB could go down or that OL could suffer injury and be in flux like ours now..

go to luv the overactions to Pollards PS runs , hes now 156 yards over 3 games and 4 YPC and makes how much??$$ so should we judge him now or after 17? seems like overpaid Jag right now looks the same as last year..

that true logic...

stilltheguru

Reaction score
but first of all we're only three games into the season let me know at 17 what his average is..a 17 game avg is what they go by , not the 3 games played//sure hes better, mostly because the OL and scheme is working a bit better BUT again no way to tell how his average will turn out until 17 games are played.

its like Noah Brown had b2b games last year over 150, how the rest go LMSA..Funny how thta works when you allow all games to be played before making full debates and judgement calls.. that CMC was sure great last year, hows he is doing this year, oops hes out , SB could go down or that OL could suffer injury and be in flux like ours now..

go to luv the overactions to Pollards PS runs , hes now 156 yards over 3 games and 4 YPC and makes how much??$$ so should we judge him now or after 17? seems like overpaid Jag right now looks the same as last year..

that true logic...
After 17 games my point will still stand.

blueblood70

Reaction score
After 17 games my point will still stand.

OK well I didn't read all your posts but when I go back and look you're right I don't think Adrian Peterson or Emmett Smith would say this team right now as it stands... But if they get it corrected we should be OK with the running backs we have but I don't like the way Mike McCarthy and the offensive line coach the way their game planning and the way they're utilizing the rotation right now it's out of whack... Once we get to the bye week and they bring on cook i think that maybe they'll get it figured out by them...

And I say it won't because so much changes over a season no matter what sport you're talking about so the narratives after three games can fully change by the end of the year so I disagree whatever you're saying now does not stand... I realize it takes a team it's a team game meaning the offensive defensive lines need to function well for the rest of the team to function well and right now we're dysfunctional at many levels but it can get turned around pretty quick it has in the past..

Saquon Barkley has an injury history by the way so you're saying that me saying that hey you better wait for 17 games to say how successful he is and how much it's worth the money just like Tony Pollard everyone's like look at him in preseason Oh my God look at his first game Oh my God we should have kept him outlook things change it's always in flux and I'm saying no what you're saying now doesn't stand in my book when you look at the big picture we haven't seen enough football yet to make any kind of conclusions.. Which by the way means you have to see 17 different defenses 17 different weeks of different things happening on your team and others that's why we wait for 17 games to judge players and the judge coaches and the judge the actual team everybody in here is already saying it's over for the Dallas Cowboys and I've seen too much football do you even think that right now....

stilltheguru

Reaction score
And I say it won't because so much changes over a season no matter what sport you're talking about so the narratives after three games can fully change by the end of the year so I disagree whatever you're saying now does not stand... I realize it takes a team it's a team game meaning the offensive defensive lines need to function well for the rest of the team to function well and right now we're dysfunctional at many levels but it can get turned around pretty quick it has in the past..

Saquon Barkley has an injury history by the way so you're saying that me saying that hey you better wait for 17 games to say how successful he is and how much it's worth the money just like Tony Pollard everyone's like look at him in preseason Oh my God look at his first game Oh my God we should have kept him outlook things change it's always in flux and I'm saying no what you're saying now doesn't stand in my book when you look at the big picture we haven't seen enough football yet to make any kind of conclusions.. Which by the way means you have to see 17 different defenses 17 different weeks of different things happening on your team and others that's why we wait for 17 games to judge players and the judge coaches and the judge the actual team everybody in here is already saying it's over for the Dallas Cowboys and I've seen too much football do you even think that right now....
If he gets injured and plays 14 games my point still will stand. Won't be close to 3.9 ypc. Save your essays I don't care

blueblood70

Reaction score
If he gets injured and plays 14 games my point still will stand. Won't be close to 3.9 ypc. Save your essays I don't care
OK well I didn't read all your posts but when I go back and look you're right I don't think Adrian Peterson or Emmett Smith would say this team right now as it stands... But if they get it corrected we should be OK with the running backs we have but I don't like the way Mike McCarthy and the offensive line coach the way their game planning and the way they're utilizing the rotation right now it's out of whack... Once we get to the bye week and they bring on cook i think that maybe they'll get it figured out by them...

So you're guaranteeing that saquon Barkley is gonna be better than 3.9 yards per carry no matter what they're not essays this is what you call having a debate this is not Twitter this is a forum this is a fully functional powerful place to have a real discussion... I've seen players start out hot and regress for all kinds of reasons whether it's them whether it's injuries or whether it's the defenses they start seeing or the adjustments the defense start doing so yeah I'm right and maybe you're right but until 17 games are played then we're not gonna be able to resolve the debate so let's wait that's my point everyone around here thinks everything's over everything around here after three games seems to be set in stone that the season's doomed and we've been through this before it is not...

shabazz

Reaction score
The ironic thing is that the NFL has somewhat turned back in to " a run dominate" thing again. All the new rules implemented to boost the qbs and receivers hasn't had the impact they wished it would

It's now pound the ball and stop the run and pass happy teams like the Dolphins will eventually be surpassed by teams like the future version of the Chargers.

Guess what we're not so great at?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
IMG_2205.webp.3466289d49691ce680aa25318a28d3c5.webp

Smith22

Reaction score
More than 1 thing can be true.

1) Our OL is struggling. As a group they aren't good in pass protection or run blocking. Steele has been crap for at least 2 years. The rookies are learning on the job and Martin is losing to father time.

2) Our RBs are among the worst in the NFL. They aren't explosive, they aren't great threats catching the ball, they aren't great getting yards after contact and they aren't good at making defenders miss. Rico is the best of the group but even he is below average.

3) Our defense allows too many TD drives putting our offense into pass mode.

4) Our OL coach is a dinosaur and needs to be replaced.