Nathan Vasher

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Great return yesterday for Vasher. 108 yds of course is record setting. My question, did Vasher do any kick or punt returning at Texas?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Great return yesterday for Vasher. 108 yds of course is record setting. My question, did Vasher do any kick or punt returning at Texas?

Yes. He was a punt returner. I think he has some UT records for punt returns.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Great return, great play, but I think because of the officials' positioning for the field goal attempt they weren't in position to see some fairly obvious blocks in the back that aided his run.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Yes. He was a punt returner. I think he has some UT records for punt returns.
I recall one fantastic punt return he had in particular... it set up one of my all-time favorite plays:

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/img/photo/09-04/2001williams_ap.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. :eek:: Thank you Nathan Vasher! Still, one heck of a run back yesterday.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Danny White said:
I recall one fantastic punt return he had in particular... it set up one of my all-time favorite plays:

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/img/photo/09-04/2001williams_ap.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. :eek:: Thank you Nathan Vasher! Still, one heck of a run back yesterday.

Ouch! That is funny.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
^^^ Is that when Vasher caught the punt at the 2 yrd line and fell down?

joseephuss

Reaction score
DanTanna said:
^^^ Is that when Vasher caught the punt at the 2 yrd line and fell down?

He lost focus on what the situation. OU lined up to attempt a FG and instead quick kicked it. Vasher thought it was a pass and went up to intercept it. He caught it and slipped down. All he had to do was let it bounce into the end zone for a touch back. That would have guaranteed that Texas would have just lost 7-3 instead of 14-3.